“Great View at Oceon front” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great View at Oceon front”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stay for the wedding of my son, I got what I expected for the price , private Balcony and ocean front, room has a small kitchen with large refrigerator, microwave.
Great Location and fun.. American Breakfast for $9 during the weekends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for 2 nights. The front desk was great. Very friendly and helpful. Our room looked a little dated but was sufficient for our needs. Has a small kitchen with large frigerator, microwave and flattop stove, 2 beds, a fold out couch and balcony. The couch was dirty. Felt grimy and you could actually see the film and stains on it. It left residue on my fingers when I pulled the bed out. Everything else was clean. The beds are so so. I always take my linens off the beds to help housekeeping. Pillows were gross and very worn but linens were clean. Despite all that, the view, access to beach and the staff makes it an enjoyable stay. We were on the 2nd floor directly in front of the ocean. The pools are clean and there are many. Reflections, the hotel restaurant, was delicious and staff friendly. We ate pool side. The layout of the hotel was nice as well. There is a smoking and nonsmoking side at the pool. Walls are very thin. You could hear everything the people next door and in hallway were saying. We found ourselves whispering every time we were in our room so not to disturb the neighbors. I also heard running from above. Other than thin walls, dirty couch and worn out pillows it's a convenient place to stay with friendly staff, a great view and beach access. I would stay again if only for a couple days but not for a whole week.

• Stayed June 2014
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Met friends here in June for 5 days. Easy to find . Staff was very accommodating on switching our room for another. Out first room was a king standard sharing a balcony with others. I did not care for that. We were switched to a Jr suite on 4th floor. Great view, spacious , clean room with kitchenette. Breakfast in the Reflections restaurant was very good.. Enjoyed sitting by the pool, drinks from the outdoor bar. This was a relaxing vacation. Front desk staff were helpful with dinner suggestions. I was a bit of a pain going over my bill and they were very patient and accommodating with me, thanks Mike. The place smelled so pleasant.

Room Tip: Be very clear about the room you want. They have rooms that are oceanfront but have a shared balcony...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lake City, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were greeted by Michael and all during our stay, Michael was attentive and friendly. He has a calling for hotel management. Maid services was bad - we did not get enough towels (there were 4 of us and we got 3 towels). No coffee except when we checked in. No refill of shampoo, etc. We had joint room with family and cooked together - maid was clearly angry that we had both trash cans in one room. I would stay there again and hope that the hotel improves it's maid service.

Ordered from Garden Grocer and groceries were delivered prior to our arrival - very convenient. One drawback - no oven.

Room Tip: Choose North tower - good ocean and pool view We stayed on the 6th floor - great location. We had...
2 Thank tonibriley
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we walked into the hotel we were pleasantly greeted by Michael. He was an absolute delight who made us feel extremely welcomed. Ally was another front desk person who went out of her way to help us. I cannot say enough good things about Michael or Ally.

Our balcony view was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. The stove and fridge were really great! No oven was in the room, but we made do and were able to prepare plenty of meals.

But I have to be honest, the cleaning staff was very rude. She asked me why I had a second trash can. When I couldn't answer for certain she lectured me that rooms have one and that I got this from somewhere and she needed to know where. Fortunately my sister came in and explained to the cleaning lady that it was her trashcan from the connecting room because when we were cooking we needed two cans. The cleaning lady was sure to remind us it belongs in the other room. Additionally, she never replaced the initial soap/shampoo from day one. We had four people. We also never, despite asking her, received additional towels for 4 people.

Cleaning lady aside we had a great time and I WILL stay there again. My overall experience was really good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise J
Pikeville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have stayed at the DBR a couple of times now and one plus for this resort is that it touts being a "Smoke Free" Resort. There are signs as you exit every elevator, symbols on every room number, not to mention that you get a small speech and a paper to sign when you check in. Our son has Cystic Fibrosis which means we must be extremely sensitive to anything that may negatively impact his lungs. Upon arriving to the room, there was a Miller Light can on the balcony filled with cigarettes and ashes, which my wife had to clean not to mention to the room to our right and the next room to its right (which were non-smoking) had people smoking on those balconies.

Outside of that incident the resort is very nice and convenient. Our family has been visiting this area for over 50 years and the shopping center across the road still proves to be extremely handy. (Publix and Walgreen especially). The Front desk is always kind and helpful. The beach is beautiful. I guess I was just disappointed that people were so negligent of the rules and the room was not cleaned properly.

We will more than likely return next year. Again, we have been vacationing in the area for years and happy that we found something so close to where we like to stay in respect to location that is clean and modern.

Do be mindful of the fee that comes after your rate. You feel like you're getting a deal and then $40 is added onto the price for the fitness area, internet, etc. They do not inform you of this fee until after the fact. Something else I felt was completely unnecessary and should just be added into the rate.

1 Thank BBlackburn21
Selmer
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

It's was horrible I made my reservation requested in the tower 6th floor or above and paid for ocean front. I was gave a 3rd floor room not in tower I was telling the woman at the desk that this is not what I wanted so finally the manager came in tried to fix everything. So he put u on the 14th floor and I did not have ocean front It was partial view we seen more city than we did ocean. And also it states that it's a full kitchen well we wasted so much money in food bought at the store cause there was no oven. So we had to leave food in our room for the maids to get. I asked for my money back cause I was gunna go somewhere else well they wasn't having that either. Me an my family will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ashleytn69
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. We try our best to accommodate all guest request. During the high demand period it is sometimes difficult to honor all requests - particularly for a specific area of the hotel that has a limited number of units. I am sorry for your disappointment in not having an oven. It is certainly understandable however, we do not mention in any of our promotional information that we do not have a traditional oven. We certainly hope you will re-consider and give us another opportunity.