“Wonderful customer service”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

After a very long drive and wanting no issues, our door lock to our room failed and front desk set maintenance to look at it. While waiting on them we noticed a bad odor in the breezeway. The door lock issue was resolved and we went on with our evening. The next day the odor was back with a vengence. Toby at the front desk was more than helpful and moved us to a upgraded room. We plan on returning in 2015 and staying here. We are sold on this place !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonMotto
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an opportunity for a last minute vacation before my wife had to return to school. I called reservations on a Wednesday to check in on the following Sunday. I spoke with Lois and she was extremely helpful and worked to get us an ocean front room that was very clean and appealing. I travel alot and stay in upper end chain hotels so I am somewhat picky. Beach hotels can be iffy on cleanliness and maintenance but, I can say that we were very satisfied and impressed with every aspect and the personal attention we received was second to none. When we checked in Greg from maintenance walked the entire hotel to find us a luggage cart. I happened to mention to him that I hoped the air conditioner worked well in our room and he said that he would come up and check it with his equipment if we would like just to make certain all was good. He did and all was ok. Jason who ran the pool bar was the best example of customer friendly service that I have experienced in some time. Also the food from the restaurant was excellent! The focused effort of the staff to keep things clean, safe and customer service friendly was very impressive. WE WILL RETURN ASAP!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nicole at the front desk was wonderful to my family. Our flight was delayed which caused us to check in late. The first customer service rep. was rude and my first thought was to leave the hotel, but it was 4:00 a.m. and we did not have the energy to find another hotel. After resting for a few hours, I decided to talk to the manager at the front desk to complain about the rude service we received. Well, before I could ask for a manager, Nicole's friendly smile and her attentiveness to accommodate my family won me over. We stayed for seven days and I reserved a room for our next stay in October. I cannot leave out Jason at the Tiki Bar outside, he is friendly and knowledgeable of all the great places to dine. Jason has a great vibe and treats all of the customers like royalty. Thank you all for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Oceanfront view is the BEST!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Have stayed on the beach for many, many years and this is one of the best places we have stayed. They have two large outdoor pools and a kiddie pool plus an indoor pool. We had an efficiency which had everything we needed and more. Excellent view even though it wasn't oceanfront, the view was the same. Great location with shopping center across the street. Only negative I see are the lounge chairs around the pool. They need to be replaced or given a very good cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

While traveling on vacation we had the opportunity to stay at the Daytona Beach Resort. We arrived late and hungry. We made it to the bar/restaurant about 10 mins before closing. Andrew (the mgr on duty) and Jason (the bartender) waited on us and served us some of the best sandwiches we had all day! Jason kept the bar on for almost 30 mis and let us relax with some drinks and good conversation before we retired for the night. These 2 young men know what good customer service is!

Room Tip: We had a 2 queen suite with a kitchenette. It was very nice and comfortable. It was also a very good...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Do NOT waste your time or money. The best thing about this place is the kiddie pool. The rooms are terribly out dated, stained couches and floors. Porches are covered in bird poo. From the lack of customer service to the cockroach infested rooms, it was a horrific stay. Yes, they were crawling all around our rooms. We even had one come back home with us to our delight.

I dared to ask to use a pen at the front desk and the guy behind the desk said, "Sorry I don't have any pens that I can give you." I explained I wasn't asking for him to give me a pen, that I just wanted to borrow one and he said, "Sorry we don't have any." Really? The front desk doesn't have any pens?! Another customer was appalled and offered her pen to me. While at a function there, they told us to go get our own highchair across the room for our 1 year old child. Not the kind of service you expect for the amount of money you are dumping. Spend your vacation elsewhere, the beach is beautiful!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great place and family oriented!! Each year we stay here and are treated like returning family members! This is a wonderful place to stay if you have small children with you. The rooms are very clean and offer anything you want for comfort and relaxation! Staff is friendly and treat you as family!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family