“The Resort Was A Perfect As Last Year”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We stayed at the resort last summer and thoroughly loved the place. Our intention was to stay again this year but after reading the reviews I almost changed my mind. I went back and forth with the decision, but in the end I could not imagine the place would have gone down hill that far in just one year. So I booked anyway and I am so glad I did. The place was as great as before. Extremely clean, the staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful (go Shelley). The maid staff was wonderful and extremely friendly. We always had clean towels and anything else we needed. The pool deck and pool bar were awesome as well. I am so glad I didn't let the reviews sway my decision to stay there again. It was wonderful as usual. Already planning my trip again for next year. Signed, Extremely Satisfied Customer!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2009

This resort was first class. The rooms were very spacious over looking the ocean. One of the cleanest hotels I have been to in awhile. The pools are nice and the resort employees were helpful.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Our room was really nice, right on the ocean, very clean and everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful.. I don't know why some people have such bad reviews but we had an excellent time here, no complaints whatsoever, the beach and pool area are great!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Me and my husband and 4 kids stayed here for a week in April 2009 for Spring Break. While we were here, we heard so many complaints from different people. Everyone at the front desk was there to complain. Housekeeping is rude and awful. They will come late in the evening. You have to practically beg for toilet paper or extra towels. Don't even dial 0 from your room, because you will not get anyone. They just let the phone ring and ring. Everywhere around this place, you will get harrassed by the TimeShare people across the street. Beware! The restaurant is not currently open. The so-called wireless internet service does not work in the rooms. The signal is too weak I guess. The rooms are run-down and feel dirty. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank HeatherPAtlantaGA
Reviewed 22 April 2009

This Hotel saved me....I Was Originally SUPPOSED to stay at the La Playa Hotel but if you read there review page you will know why I didn't stay there. Well me and 3 other friends went to this hotel and meet Shelly who was working the front desk she was HELLA NICE... Hooked us up with a room that was $300 cheaper than the hotel that we planned on staying at. Our experience was wonderful everyone was super nice but my KUDOS GOES TO SHELLY super cool. I would recommend that you stay here we had a geat time. they have 2 outdoor pools and outdoor kiddie pool w/ a heated inside pool and 2 hot tubs w/ and outdoor full Bar they were great can't say enough about them

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed 2 weeks in an oceanfront condo. which had a separate bedroom with TV and open concept kitchen=livingroom with TV, and a patio poolside with patio chairs. The rooms were very clean and the pools both outside & inside were great. The room service was a little lacking as they missed leaving coffee, water , and newspaper a couple of days(part of the 12.00 resort fee)and missed doing our room entirely one day but the front staff was excellent and quickly corrected these small problems. The locatio n is great with a plaza containing a Publix groc, Walgreens, and Ruby Tuesday across the street and many restaurants within walking distance. Overall a very enjoyable place and we will return.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2009

The hotel is in a great location and has a wonderful view of the ocean. Rooms were nice and the price was reasonable however service was terrible. Was not told until we arrived that a 12% additional charge was required. Would have been nice if they had told us this up front. Maid service for our room left alot to be desired. Our room didn't get cleaned until 4:00pm. When we brought this to their attention after the first day (Sunday) they blamed it on having a lot of check outs. However it never got cleaned until 4:00 pm every day. They never vaccumed the carpet which naturally being on a beach you are going to bring sand in on your feet or shoes. Sheets on the beds were never changed. At least 30% of the lounge chairs in the pool area were broken. Pool bar was rarely opened and when it was, it closed promptly at 6:00pm even when it was busy. Internet access was $10 for first 10 minutes and $1 per minute there after. Most places don't charge. They had a military ball one evening and would not allow guests to walk in the hallway outside the ballroom. We had to walk outside one end of the hall and back in the other side. This was very inconsiderate of paying guests.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family