My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4-nights in October. I wish I had found this website prior to making any arrangements to stay there. BEWARE of the pictures on their website. They are completely "doctored". If you look at the picture of the hotel from the "air", they have "whited out" all of the huge air conditioning units on top of the roof, which when you look out your window, that's all you see. Yes the water is off in the distance, but the roof on the southeast side of the building, and the parking lot roof on the northwest side of the buidling ruin the entire effect. The restaurant is NOT OPEN. Nor is there room service. They have one or two flaky bartenders. You are lucky to get your $8.50 drink or glass of wine in less than 1/2-hour. The spa is rediculously overpriced, $60.00 for a very basic pedicure, with 20% gratuity added on. Give me a break! The spa staff, is one person. If you want more than one service they have to call some one in. The rooms are dated and dirty.
They have no chairs on the beach, (you can rent a chair for $25.00 per day from a local), and in order to get a towel you have to go into the lobby, sign your life away, and return it by the end of the day. Why they don't have towel service out by the pool is beyond me. You must be clear if you want a room with a balcony that you can actually sit on. Alot of the rooms (ours) had a walk out balcony only. I specifically asked for a room with a balcony, told reservations that I wanted to be able to "sit out on the balcony, and just watch the water". What I got was a 1-/2 foot piece of concrete, that overlooked a row of about 30-air conditioners. The service compeltely sucks, from the front desk, to the housekeeping, to the bar (the picture of the "tiki" bar on line doesn't even look like the same place). In reality is is a shabby concrete dirty structure with some palm leaves on top of it. I am not kidding, I have NEVER stayed at a place with such poor service. If you order food from the bar, the bartender disappears for about 1/2 hour, then returns with something very similar to airline food. Also, the gym shown on line does not look anything like the real thing. I don't know how these people get a way with this false advertising. I really can't say one good thing about this place. Stay with the Hiltons and the Crowne Plaza's, you get what you pay for, and if you can't afford that, stay in a tent on the beach, I'm that serious. P.S.,, the wi-fi in the rooms does not work, and neither did the dish network t.v., very fuzzy, and not many chanels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ultimate comfort and luxurious ocean front accommodation where every unit has a kitchenette at the Daytona Beach Resort. Once you arrive, choose between a dip in our white sandy beach or one of four resort pools. After a morning of swimming and sunbathing, workout in our fitness center. Couples can enjoy an afternoon cocktail at our Reef Pool Bar while children catch waves and place their finishing touches on their sandcastles. Finish the perfect day with a great meal at our ocean front restaurant and head into a deep sleep while listening to the sounds of the waves. Whether you've come to our resort for the sand and the sun, or whether you've come here for an important conference or the wedding of loved ones, we're fully confident our Daytona Beach hotel will accommodate your vacation needs to the point of being unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Resort And Conference Center Florida