“Very Impressed!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
DENVER
“Very Impressed!”
Reviewed 23 February 2010

After reading some of the reviews online, I was concerned when we booked our Daytona 500 trip and picked this hotel. It was after the hotel was booked with the package that I read the online reviews.

We arrived earlier than we were expected but was able to check into our room with no problem. The room was clean and well stocked. While I do agree that the "ocean view room" did look over the roof to see the beach, it did provide a view of the ocean as promised. If you want an unobstructed view of the ocean, ask for an ocean front room. You might have to pay more, but there should be nothing blocking the view.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They answered our questions and made us feel right at home. I even asked the front desk one morning when we left the hotel early if they would make sure we received a newspaper since they had not yet arrived. While I was waiting on my ride to arrive, the newspaper carrier came. I was going to have my husband run the paper back to our room. The young man at the front desk said he would be happy to do that for us. In the meantime, the carrier also left a paper at the room door and we had 2 papers in our room when we returned.

The day we checked out, we went to breakfast after we checked out. I asked the front desk if we could come back later to print our boarding pass for our flight the next day as we were on our way to Orlando. They let us come back in and print our boarding pass at the front desk even though at that point we were no longer a registered guest. They even thanked us again for staying with them and we received a promotion for a discount on a future stay in the next few months.

I would stay there again as I felt it was very nice and the service was good.

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank GRANDMALYN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
decatur
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Our stay was 19 days and we loved every minute of it!! The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Our room was nothing short of wonderful and the location of it was great...No Complaints...Our mother is up in age and niether of us can do alot of walking. The front desk put us in the "perfect" suite. Housekeeping was there every day with a smile and great service too. No bugs, big plus! We ordered drinks and food from the tikki bar and was pleased with it every time. We have stayed in the huge, plush and very classy hotels too, but for the money, this is a fine hotel. As a matter of fact, I have already made reservations for may 2010 for 2 weeks, maybe we will stay even longer!! Same time, same place and same suite as last year. I am picky and somewhat of a perfectionist, if I don't like something, I am on it, I have no trouble letting anyone know if I'm unhappy!!! My niece and her husband is flying in from WY to meet up with us, they will have the suite right next door to ours. We are looking very forward to our upcoming stay at the Daytona Beach Resort...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dhoff49
Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Booked this trip through Hotwire.Went for a memorial service,stayed two days.Booked aOne bedroom suite did not get it,was told they could give me what they wanted asked if it was at leaswt ocean view was told yes overlooked garage roof,called was told they were busy would call me back never did. Called again because something was wron g with water pipes so they squealed all night waking us constantly.Reported it was told nothing could be done because it was the weekend.called the next morning to move my room they said they would get back to me, never did.Complained when I left ,they didn't care. Also if you have a large vehicle there is no parking,can't get into parking garage and no spaces marked off for larger vehicles downstairs.WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN, AND IT IS A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL WITH A GREAT LOCATION..........

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Knobbyj
kentucky
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I wanted to make a point to write a review for this hotel. We had a wonderful experience here. First the staff were helpful, respectful, and accommodating. They really went out of their way to treat you good. The rooms were big, roomy, clean, and had great views. We enjoyed the two balconies. Our bathroom was huge, with two sinks. Definitely nice with our family. Since we came in January, I was so pleased the hotel had a wonderfully large and warm, indoor pool with two hot tubs. Some hotel pools have indoor pools but they are too cool to be comfortable in. This was NOT the case here. Nice and warm.
Also the restaurant within the hotel was very good. Ocean views, good food, good service - just wonderful.
Finally, I wanted to recommend that you check out the spa services at the Terra Acqua Day Spa that is inside the hotel. The staff at the Spa were wonderful. They were very accommodating with scheduling appointments and worked around our family (we had a three year old). The atmosphere was relaxed and very professional and clean. I never hesitated to get a facial or a pedicure there. They also had some wonderful OTC items like unique jewlery and a local author's books for kids.
Overall our experience was very postitive and we will definitely return whe we come to the Daytona area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
ny
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I made reservations online from new york by the pictures and price about $200 a night thinking it would be nice. I rented there best room ocean front suite but it was less then impressive. The halls, elevator,room were all dirty. The room we rented had a carpet so dirty you had to keep your shoes on, coud not even walk in your socks. The room smelled like spring break just ended and there was a week long party in the room had to keep the door open for air. There has to be something better.I was going to stay at the plaza but I made a mistake and chose here. "plaza next time"

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank tabatha8787
ohio
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The DBR&CC is perfectly situated on the beach with indoor and outdoor pools; hot tubs; fitness center; restaurant. We stayed in a 1-bedroom condo so enjoyed a furnished kitchen and living area in addition to typical hotel bedroom. Our view of the ocean was magnificent. Bathroom is very small, but recently updated with new tile/grout; shower curtain and shower hardware. We (husband and daughters ages 4 and 6) stayed 5 nights. Other than providing clean towels and linens (only when requested) and removing trash, there is NO housekeeping at this hotel. Nothing was cleaned...no vacuuming; no cleaning of toilet, tub, sinks, floors. We had to make a special request for replacement tissue box (1 per condo) and a roll of toilet paper. Front desk expressed frustration and understanding, but housekeeping just would not clean our room - even after we requested that it be cleaned.

So, you might want to bring your own bleach wipes and soft scrub. It will be a terrible shame if this continues because the hotel will not look nice for long if the rooms don't get cleaned.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Tenn
Reviewed 26 December 2009

I have never seen such lousy service. The rooms and halways smell like mold. Housekeeping showed up too early one day, when we asked them to come back told us no. The next day, no one ever came. When I called to ask for serice, the manager was very rude with bad spanish accent, and said "no one as there to clean, come get towels." You have to sign your first born away to get a pool towel. Pool bar over priced and weak drinks and only open for limited hours. And they nickel and dime you for everything. I can why the place is empty. I would not stay there again

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple