“Disapointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sanborn, New York
“Disapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

The hotel itself was very nice pools were good but when it come time to leave from my trip i discovered what i though was a safe resort to not be. When i went to pack up my car to leave i discovered that my car had been stolen. Best part is their cameras were not working at the time. They have guards but they are more worried about making sure nobody goes in the outdoor pool. The parking garage is open to the public anybody can walk in or out of it which is funny because in order to go anywhere you pretty much need your room key except the parking garage. So beware

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank snayan17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Brewer Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

We had a wonderful family getaway at the Daytona Beach Resort. Not once did my kids (ages 10 and 14) ever say they were bored. Between the pools, hot tubs and beach there was plenty to entertain them from first thing in the morning until night. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our oceanfront suite was spacious and very clean. I loved the huge bathroom. We shopped at the Publix across the street and stocked up on breakfast and lunch food as well as snacks and drinks. We were minutes away from area restaurants for dinner. The poolside bar was open and the drinks were comparatively priced. Music played continuously by the pool which was a pleasant. I can not think of anything negative about my stay. One afternoon during lunch time, the management team hosted a luncheon for the resort employees, this said a lot to me, they value their employees and in return this produces happy staff. We would definitely book another trip to this resort. The staff was constantly polishing, washing and even painting to preserve the appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Gibson City, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Daytona Beach. We could not find anything wrong with this place. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice. There were 6 of us (2 adults & 4 children) and we had plently of room and the best part was the private balcony overlooking the beach. It was GREAT!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sjhousman
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

My girlfriend and I (both 27 years old) book on bookit.com and got 5 nights and flight from Minneapolis for $550/person. We upgraded to the room to ocean front room, which I definitely recommend. Ours was in the "tower" and the only down fall was that our private balcony was only 3 feet deep, could only set up 2 chairs sideways. I did notice there are some rooms with balconies 6 feet deep.

During check in, had to put credit card up for $13/ night "convenience charge", which I had read about from other reviews. Got to room and was very clean and spacious. My girlfriend loved the HUGE bathrooms.

We went during spring break and was expecting tons of college kids partying. There were a few, but not many. There were plenty of families and 50+ couples; Great mix. One pool outside was heated, one was not. I don't know about the baby pool. The indoor pool was heated along with two hot tubs.

I read most of the reviews before I went. If you are worried that this resort is old and dirty.... don't. There was not one part of this resort that was not recently updated. Lobby is beautiful. Everything was nice. I could tell from prior reviews that this resort was in bad shape. They must have put a lot of work into it to upgrade to where it is today. There was also an outdoor wedding on the beach on Saturday and reception in the ballroom, which all looked nice. As for the staff's attitude, they were nothing but professional, kind and helpful with any question that I had.

The location is decent, but if you want to see the "nightlife", you will have to cab it everywhere you go. We did not have a car while we were there so we used the Votran, its the beach side trolley (google it), and cabs a lot.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Daytona Beach again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nard_Dog
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

I travel to Daytona Beach frequently and stay in different places each time I go. I was very pleased with the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center. I was there two nights, had a lovely beach front room that was very spacious - two queen beds and a separate sitting area and a small kitchenette. The room air freshener was a little strong but once I discovered where it was placed, I was able to tone it down.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. I have read some of the other reviews critical of the staff but I could not have been more pleased. Check-in was a little slow when a group of people were all checking in at the same time but overall a very nice place to stay.

I would return with my family - I think my kids would love all the pools and the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Louis4fun
DENVER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

After reading some of the reviews online, I was concerned when we booked our Daytona 500 trip and picked this hotel. It was after the hotel was booked with the package that I read the online reviews.

We arrived earlier than we were expected but was able to check into our room with no problem. The room was clean and well stocked. While I do agree that the "ocean view room" did look over the roof to see the beach, it did provide a view of the ocean as promised. If you want an unobstructed view of the ocean, ask for an ocean front room. You might have to pay more, but there should be nothing blocking the view.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They answered our questions and made us feel right at home. I even asked the front desk one morning when we left the hotel early if they would make sure we received a newspaper since they had not yet arrived. While I was waiting on my ride to arrive, the newspaper carrier came. I was going to have my husband run the paper back to our room. The young man at the front desk said he would be happy to do that for us. In the meantime, the carrier also left a paper at the room door and we had 2 papers in our room when we returned.

The day we checked out, we went to breakfast after we checked out. I asked the front desk if we could come back later to print our boarding pass for our flight the next day as we were on our way to Orlando. They let us come back in and print our boarding pass at the front desk even though at that point we were no longer a registered guest. They even thanked us again for staying with them and we received a promotion for a discount on a future stay in the next few months.

I would stay there again as I felt it was very nice and the service was good.

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank GRANDMALYN
decatur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

Our stay was 19 days and we loved every minute of it!! The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. Our room was nothing short of wonderful and the location of it was great...No Complaints...Our mother is up in age and niether of us can do alot of walking. The front desk put us in the "perfect" suite. Housekeeping was there every day with a smile and great service too. No bugs, big plus! We ordered drinks and food from the tikki bar and was pleased with it every time. We have stayed in the huge, plush and very classy hotels too, but for the money, this is a fine hotel. As a matter of fact, I have already made reservations for may 2010 for 2 weeks, maybe we will stay even longer!! Same time, same place and same suite as last year. I am picky and somewhat of a perfectionist, if I don't like something, I am on it, I have no trouble letting anyone know if I'm unhappy!!! My niece and her husband is flying in from WY to meet up with us, they will have the suite right next door to ours. We are looking very forward to our upcoming stay at the Daytona Beach Resort...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family