“Decent place to stay....I would return.”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Decent place to stay....I would return.”
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I just returned from this "resort" after a week long stay. We booked on priceline and requested a room with 2 beds because there was 4 of us traveling....however, when we got there "all they had" was a room with 1 king bed. We stated that we needed 2 queens....but they put us in the King room anyway with a puny pull out sofa. We were told the reason why they couldn't grant our request was because there was a "very large wedding group" arriving there for the week. Okay...this was true...there WAS a wedding...but large? Not so much. Most of the guests were in and out in 1 day....after Sunday (the wedding was Saturday), the parking lot and deck was practically empty and there was no sign of a wedding group there anymore. That was really the only mishap we had with the staff. They were very nice to accommodate us if we needed something (extra linens, towels, etc.) and there was plenty to do around the resort. I wish we could have gotten the chance to try the resort restaurant.

The hotel was about a 5 minute drive into "downtown" Daytona near the Ocean Walk which was nice. We weren't in the middle of all the activity so we could sleep at night yet it was just around the corner if need be. We took a day trip up to St. Augustine and it was beautiful! I recommend that!

Overall, a great stay. I also enjoyed the small kitchen that was in the room. No oven, but there was a stove top and full fridge/microwave. The internet and parking were included in the $13/day resort fee. So, technically, they aren't free.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2010

They have great front desk and customer service. they upgraded us to an ocean view room wich was basically like ocean front. Soem balconies are small but you can stand on it and look out at the ocean. Room was great bed was comfy and so was sofa bed. Huge bathroom. We stayed one night and the magic game was commingon the next day so I asked if we could hang out at the hotel for the day and use the laugne bar to watch the game they told us no problem. They had plenty of pools and bas/resturuants, close to everything but also quite. I would def. go back again already seing if they have anything comming up soon.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Sanborn, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2010

The hotel itself was very nice pools were good but when it come time to leave from my trip i discovered what i though was a safe resort to not be. When i went to pack up my car to leave i discovered that my car had been stolen. Best part is their cameras were not working at the time. They have guards but they are more worried about making sure nobody goes in the outdoor pool. The parking garage is open to the public anybody can walk in or out of it which is funny because in order to go anywhere you pretty much need your room key except the parking garage. So beware

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank snayan17
Brewer Maine
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We had a wonderful family getaway at the Daytona Beach Resort. Not once did my kids (ages 10 and 14) ever say they were bored. Between the pools, hot tubs and beach there was plenty to entertain them from first thing in the morning until night. The staff was friendly and courteous. Our oceanfront suite was spacious and very clean. I loved the huge bathroom. We shopped at the Publix across the street and stocked up on breakfast and lunch food as well as snacks and drinks. We were minutes away from area restaurants for dinner. The poolside bar was open and the drinks were comparatively priced. Music played continuously by the pool which was a pleasant. I can not think of anything negative about my stay. One afternoon during lunch time, the management team hosted a luncheon for the resort employees, this said a lot to me, they value their employees and in return this produces happy staff. We would definitely book another trip to this resort. The staff was constantly polishing, washing and even painting to preserve the appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Gibson City, IL
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Daytona Beach. We could not find anything wrong with this place. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice. There were 6 of us (2 adults & 4 children) and we had plently of room and the best part was the private balcony overlooking the beach. It was GREAT!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sjhousman
Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2010

My girlfriend and I (both 27 years old) book on bookit.com and got 5 nights and flight from Minneapolis for $550/person. We upgraded to the room to ocean front room, which I definitely recommend. Ours was in the "tower" and the only down fall was that our private balcony was only 3 feet deep, could only set up 2 chairs sideways. I did notice there are some rooms with balconies 6 feet deep.

During check in, had to put credit card up for $13/ night "convenience charge", which I had read about from other reviews. Got to room and was very clean and spacious. My girlfriend loved the HUGE bathrooms.

We went during spring break and was expecting tons of college kids partying. There were a few, but not many. There were plenty of families and 50+ couples; Great mix. One pool outside was heated, one was not. I don't know about the baby pool. The indoor pool was heated along with two hot tubs.

I read most of the reviews before I went. If you are worried that this resort is old and dirty.... don't. There was not one part of this resort that was not recently updated. Lobby is beautiful. Everything was nice. I could tell from prior reviews that this resort was in bad shape. They must have put a lot of work into it to upgrade to where it is today. There was also an outdoor wedding on the beach on Saturday and reception in the ballroom, which all looked nice. As for the staff's attitude, they were nothing but professional, kind and helpful with any question that I had.

The location is decent, but if you want to see the "nightlife", you will have to cab it everywhere you go. We did not have a car while we were there so we used the Votran, its the beach side trolley (google it), and cabs a lot.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Daytona Beach again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nard_Dog
Louisville
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I travel to Daytona Beach frequently and stay in different places each time I go. I was very pleased with the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center. I was there two nights, had a lovely beach front room that was very spacious - two queen beds and a separate sitting area and a small kitchenette. The room air freshener was a little strong but once I discovered where it was placed, I was able to tone it down.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. I have read some of the other reviews critical of the staff but I could not have been more pleased. Check-in was a little slow when a group of people were all checking in at the same time but overall a very nice place to stay.

I would return with my family - I think my kids would love all the pools and the beach.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business