“Housekeeping A+ / front desk jenette F- ”

Cove Motel Oceanfront
Ranked #28 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Housekeeping A+ / front desk jenette F- ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The woman jenette who works the front desk is very rude and degrading. She only treats the regulars with respect everyone else is looked at as trailer trash. Housekeeping is great very friendly we appreciated all the housekeepers did to make our stay very clean and welcoming.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hate2complain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Us/Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed the night before memorial day, didn't expect too much. The rate was good and the area was busy during Memorial weekend.
Got the room above the office, has a very comfortable bed, good size studio with a partial view. My room was somewhat updated but from what I heard most rooms gave been fully upgraded.
Right on the beach with a nice pool and BBQ area.

Room Tip: Bring your own booze, no bar or restaurant. :Publix is just North about a 1. miles
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorne H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Read up on several Daytona motels within the $50-$75 range and was most interested in this one since it's right on the beach... plus most the posts on Ridgewood Ave motels sounded pretty much scary and terrible, not something I'd want to experience firsthand! Just the week before I had stayed at another motel (different town) that cost the same as the Cove so I was not expecting much more. Wow, what a world of difference. Given the outside of the motel is not very impressive but the room was great. Having your own view of the ocean, a mini patio and a sliding door to open and get the fresh ocean breeze in was just the beginning. This place is spotless! Bed was super comfortable, linens fresh- I love that they didn't have that gross cover on the bed that everyone just throws off to the floor (this is such an outdated thing why do hotels still do this?) Carpets were spotless, I was not afraid to walk around barefoot- which I have done in hotels triple the price! Bathroom was pretty spacious, shower/tub spic and span and plenty of towels. There is a couch/small living area and a kitchen/dining table area everything was so clean. You also get a full size fridge, mini stove, all your cooking and eating utensils are provided. A smaller flat screen Samsung TV (on a swivel! So you could watch from the bed or table.) I was really, really surprised how much this place gives you for the cost they charge. But overall I am most happy with cleanliness of this place. When you go on vacation but don't want to blow all your money on the hotel- a clean, welcoming place to sleep/eat and relax is the best thing you can hope for. I was really happy I picked the Cove!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 33_chewy_33
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying this may not have been the fanciest hotel on A1A.. but the staff there were awesome from the time I checked until I left. The gentleman at the desk gave me all kinds of info on things to do and places to visit. The maintenence guy there was awesome as well he was very friendly and spoke to my best friend and I every day we were there. The room was clean and we'll kept. The pool area was also clean and we'll kept. It was an overall wonderful stay and I am returning in May 2014 to this hotel for another great stay in Daytona Beach Fl!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenny p
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2014

On March 9 my wife and I needed a room for bike week so we checked in around 3pm during the evening hours we decided to return to the room to find out that the ac doesn't work at 2am I go to the front office and contact the number on the window Ginnette who answered the phone was very rude about my concerns and stated all the rooms run off one central unit so I said my room is very hot and I can't sleep and my kids are uncomfortable she says it's 49 degrees out open your door or crack a window and hung up the phone, Do Not Come Here at ALL.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Gum S
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

First, let me say that this is place that seems to try hard. But, it is old, rundown and in definite need of refurbishment. The lady at the front desk, despite giving me a slight dressing down for not arriving sooner (we got there at 7:00 p.m.), was pleasant and tried to be helpful. We checked into our room (305) and the chemical smell was overpowering. I don't know what cleaner they use but it's pretty rank. We opened the balcony door and pretty much kept it open the whole time we were there, which helped. The fridge and stove were spotless, though a little rusted. The fridge worked to keep drinks cold, didn't use anything else. The bathroom, while clean, was pretty well falling apart. The carpets are pretty threadbare and the paint was chipping off the wall in some places. They billed this as an oceanfront room but by any beach hotel definition, it's an oceanside. The balcony is tiny and we were afraid to have all 3 of us on it at the same time. The beds were old and not particularly comfortable, though the sheets were ok and seemed relatively new. No signs of any bugs or anything like that.

All in all, would I stay there again? Probably not. I'm not too picky and I'm ok with a hotel so long as it's clean and safe but this place was a little too "basic" for me. However, if a great location and a low price are high on your priority list, it might work for you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne H
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Me and my 3 kids stayed there for a week and a half and I went to go pay for an extra night and the manager had told me that I'm not able to stay there anymore because the housekeepers said that they always have alot to do in our room which wasn't true I always kept our room clean, plus ontop of that the beds were very uncomfortable, the bathtub drained extremely slow, the toilet didn't flush all the time, underneith the kitchen sink leaked, and the walls are extremely thin. I was able to hear everything that went on in the next room. Then the last 2 nights of our stay I had found a huge roach crawling on the fridge door and one crawling on my 3 year old daughters pillow. Also when I had asked the housekeepers to change the bedding they never did. The whole time we stayed there they only changed the beds once, and when I went to go complain to management they did nothing about it.... Needless to say I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO STAY THERE. It's dirty, run down and roach infested.

• Stayed December 2013