“My son loved it!”

Speed Park Motorsports
Ranked #10 of 19 Fun & Games in Daytona Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out the action at the Daytona International Speedway, then pop across the street to this thrill park that offers go-kart and speedster racing to try it for yourself.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I usually read reviews on here before we go anywhere! Glad I didn't in this case! My husband insisted on going here after a experience at Daytona Lagoon. By the time my son was done he was beaming!! He had a great time. They even went back a few days later. My preteen was refusing to go because she was ""too mature" for go carts! Needless to say, after her first ride she was hooked and had a great time too. We went during the week and had no issues with wait time or lines. The kids (even my husband) look forward to going back again next year!

2  Thank bilinsky
"passes"
"vacation"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I read some of the reviews, yes the staff are lacklustre at best, the cars are well used, like most go cart tracks, and the game area is a rip off, like most! We used a coupon on their web site and paid $25 for two hours, my teenage son and I had a great time. Two hours is a long time of constant go carting. They have carts that go 45 miles an hour, surcharge of course, and the drag strip, 0 to 75 mph in 5 seconds, it is a rush. I would go back.

1  Thank Icebin
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Glad I did not read the reviews before we went, we had a really nice time.

We did not plan to go, just visiting our grandkids (9 and 11) for the weekend and ate lunch near the speed zone. After we noticed it we decided it would be fun for the kids to do a few laps.
The 11 year old drove my himself, the 9 year old opted for grandpa to be her driver. They were both able to drive on multiple tracks. On a saturday afternoon about 2:00 we never waited over 3 minutes for them to be in a car.
I would not call it a budget adventure but it was affordable compared to other tracks I have visited. I am sure we will do this again on a future trip

Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is a place our kids really looked forward to going to on their break. We had never been there before but the lure of the go karts each time we passed the place really set their expectations high. But when we got in, the young people behind the counter were less than inviting. This in and of itself did not ruin the kids' fun, only added to Mom and Dad's frustration of spending over $60 dollars from people behind the counter with an attitude. But I digress. The fun ended as soon as the kids took their first ride on the go karts. We saw that kids and adults of all ages were welcome on the same tracks. Should not be a problem, but the older young adults and teenage kids as well as adults were very aggressive and tended to run into the younger drivers. It was obvious they did not want the younger drivers on the track. They were also aggressive with their voices and facial expressions which frightened the younger kids and shattered their enthusiasm. (Younger means 10, 12 & 13...those who should be able to enjoy these go karts). Needless to say, after the kids' first run, they did not want to continue (and we purchased a pass that they could have kept going!)The kids finished their time with the games in the arcade where we noticed beer was available for adults to purchase, or at least a majority of the adults, even parents, had a beer in hand in the arcade. There were also very rowdy kids in the arcade that jumped in to the basketball game machine and took out the balls and were hurling the balls at each other very hard. My son wanted to play the game but immediately walked away so as not to get caught in the crossfire. My question is where are the parents and if the parents were not around to control the kids, where was the staff of the establishment who should be sure the place is safe for all. They were not outside at the go karts and they were also not inside in the arcade! You might think that we were there on a Friday or Saturday night, but all of this happened DURING THE DAY on a weekday. I can not imagine what his place is like on a weekend. If we knew it was this type of atmosphere, we would have NEVER stopped in and wasted over sixty dollars! Family discussion after experience...priceless!

3  Thank M H