“Very quaint”

Cuisines: American
London, United Kingdom
“Very quaint”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I really liked it here. I think the word is kitsch but that doesn't really do it justice.

There is an oldy Worldy theme to the restaurant which made me feel a little warm inside.

I have to admit that being from Britain, I was not familiar with the format of this chain. You have to go through the shop to the dining area and then when you have your bill at the end, it's the shop you have to pay at.

Bit odd and the management must trust that you won't do a runner I guess.

The food was scrummy and appeared homemade. The sugar cured ham was lovely and to be able to choose from options other than chips (fries) was a boon.

I have one complaint, that they have provided me with the most gorgeous pudding I've ever tasted and I know that I can't get it in the UK, so thanks for that ;) I'll suffer or come back one day.

In case you're interested, I had the salted caramel Blondie. Yum yum.

Anyway, enjoy a reasonably priced, home cooked meal and have a look round the shop while you're there too. Go on, you know you want to.

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Pecan Pancakes”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Pecan Pancakes are to die for. And, the staff was very friendly. My go to place for breakfast when I'm in Daytona Beach

Visited July 2014
Eustis, Florida
“Very good, even when extremely busy”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We go to this Cracker Barrel every July during the race weekend. No matter how busy they are, the food comes out fast and it is pretty good. The staff is friendly and always asks us if we want to go drinks.

We just wish they stayed open after the races like they had done several years ago.

• Visited July 2014
“Good food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

While vacationing we decided wanted some home cooked meal offerings and this was just right for the four of us. Everybody for exactly what the wanted and the kids got to play checkers while waiting. We had no wait and our food was served very quickly even before they finished their game of checkers. It was a great meal and price for us. We will be back.

• Visited June 2014
“Breakfasts are very good!! Lunch is a crap shoot”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I love their breakfasts but it's a roll of the dice on their lunches and dinners for some reason. Great size portions but not cheap. Service is also a roll of the dice.....sometimes it's good, sometimes not but it always is slow!

• Visited May 2014