“Marginal food and pricy.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #22 of 375 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Lady Lake, Florida
“Marginal food and pricy.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was at a workshop this weekend and we had lunch at Joe's. We had fish and chips that were 70% breading and 30% fish. I removed the fish and ate only it, due to the very thick deep fried crust. A disappointment especially for the cost.

• Visited August 2014

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Lake City
“Great food!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Didn't know the pier resturant had been turned into a Joe's Crab Shack. Alway's love the Joe's and enjoyed having lunch on the ocean!

Visited August 2014
United States
“Open air & seafood on the pier”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The food, the service, the crowd, the breeze, the wide-open vista, bare feet, and opportunities galore.

Visited June 2014
Florida
“A Surprise Visit... and a Great Place to Visit!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

On vacation its become a tradition to EAT AT JOES on the Pier every year.. Call ahead seating made it nice as a week before during a Bandshell Concert it was a 2 hour & 20 minute wait!! My fish & chips were good but way too much beer batter breading. But a good meal with friends & Family was Special!!

• Visited August 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come….”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I met up with a long lost former co-worker for an early dinner. He had driven over from Orlando where he was visiting with family. We agreed on seafood and told him that there was a Joe's Crab Shack on the pier that I was dying to check out. I had chosen this establishment because I had heard that it had a great reputation for excellent seafood and a great view. We were seated immediately as it was not crowded. We took a look around as we were handed the menus and for the most part, the view was decent even though we were seated as far away from the windows as one can possibly get. We chatted and caught up as we looked over the menu and decided on the entree for two. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come… I was a little taken aback a few minutes later when an elderly couple was seated behind me with a dog that was not readily identifiable and a "service" dog. Initially, I did not see the dog, but could smell one and mentioned it to my friend. That's when he told me there was a dog behind me. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come… Shortly there after, the song "The Wobble" came on and the staff performed; several DIRECTLY in front of our table. From the total lack of enthusiasm, most of them did not seem to happy about it. I wasn't sure if I should feel sorry for them or be embarrassed at the awful performance. I settled on disdain. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come… There were plenty of waitstaff and the place wasn't crowded, but there was a lot of talking and walking back and forth as my friend and I continued to chat. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come.… The server came…. to the table of the elderly couple behind us and took their order. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come… After about 15 minutes of being there with no more than an awkward or two from staff, we got the attention of the young female(?) that seated us, and we inquired about our server. She was rather nonplussed that we had not been approached by anyone since we had been seated. At this point, the elderly couple was being served. Meanwhile, we waited for a server to come… My friend finally asked the same young female(?) for a manager; I was beyond over it and was getting up to leave. We were met at the greeter's station near the entrance by the manager. My friend was trying to nicely explain that we were leaving because we had been waiting more than 15 minutes with no service. I kept walking past the now crowded waiting area. The manager ran up behind me to ask me why I wouldn't stop to talk to her. I continued to exit, I explained to her that "it was a major disappointment to have been sitting for so long without so much as even an interested glance in our direction or an offer of a glass of water while others who came in long after my friend and I were being served their meals". Her offer for, first a free drink, then for a free appetizer was laughable under the pretenses of "trying to make this right". At this I stopped, turned around, looked her in the face and said "Lady, we each paid $10 for parking. We were seated in that booth up against that wall for more than 20 minutes. We talked, we laughed, we looked at a somewhat decent view of the beach and ocean from the opposite side of the restaurant, we were poorly entertained, and we watched as others enjoyed their food and drinks. Meanwhile, we waited for a server, the server, our server, ANY server to come. . ."

• Visited July 2014