“Nice enough for a couple of days”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at this property once previously. We always stop in Daytona Beach on our way to visit family in Ft. Lauderdale, and some of the places we have stayed at have been not as nice as La Quinta. For the price we paid and for what we got, it was a good value.

I liked the room. It was a good sized room, and it was clean. In the humid climate, it is a plus that they have tiled flooring instead of carpeting in the area where you walk with dirty, sandy feet. The shower and toilet are separate from the sink, which I always consider to be a plus when you are sharing a room with another person. The TV was old school, but it was large enough and had good reception. The bedspreads were clean and in good condition. I was very happy with the cotton blanket! Yes, it seemed to be freshly laundered, not some ratty blanket that has not seen a washing in some unknown period of time. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was standard chain motel food: waffles, coffee, yogurt, etc.

A couple of things I did not like about the room: One was the noisy air-conditioner. I turned it off at one point because of the noisy sound coming from it. The other thing that bothered me a great deal was the harsh-white fluorescent lighting in the room. How can you relax in your room when the lighting resembles that of an office building? Perhaps some soft-white CFL's can be added to make the room cozier.

The outside area was clean and nice. The pool was clean, as was the hot tub. There was a large deck area with umbrellas both beside the pool and outside of the pool area. Dogs are not allowed in that area, so if you bring a dog, plan to walk him somewhere else.

There is easy beach access, with a shower and faucet for clean-up when you are finished with the beach.

We would stay at this property again, since we believe it is one of the better Daytona Beach properties and we like to get points for our stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2012

No real complaints, but maybe because it was my first experience taking my puppy on a trip, the term "pet friendly" is a bit of a stretch. First of all, the pets are confined to your room, the parking lot, and a little 10x15 fenced in patch for doing their business. I had sign a waiver that if my dog made too much noise, and the neighbors complained that I was responsible to pay for their room. Also we could not leave our puppy in the room alone at any time, nor was she allowed to be on any of the furniture. Not that I would invite her to jump on the sofa, but I was worried she may decide to pop up on it and I would be charged a $ 100 extra for cleaning. The hotel itself is nice, a bit tired, but great views and pool area. The beds are comfortable, and the free wi-fi made it nice since I was on puppy duty the entire stay. The bathroom was small, but adequate, and the room came with a microwave, and small fridge. Breakfast was nothing to dream about, the breakfast room is not nearly large enough to handle the morning rush, but food was well stocked, and kept clean. The best item they had was the waffles, and the coffee was good too. All in all, I would go back, but leave my pooch at home or look for a resort that had more space for my four legged friend.

Room Tip: We had an Ocean View Suite. Not sure if it was worth the upgrade, but definitely get some sort of o...
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My daughter and I ended up staying here after booking a dump on Expedia and leaving the dump at 3am after seeing a huge cockroach in our room. I was so relieved to have found this room and to have gotten the "deal" that I did. The room ended up being so nice and comfortable. The staff overall are great and helpful, including housekeeping, front desk, and even security. The pool area and surrounding grounds are beautiful and well kept. After 10 days, we certainly did not want to leave! :) Would most definately stay there again.

A La Quinta traveler
Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here just for one night while passing through Daytona. Used to live in area and was happy to see the remodeled hotel, it was tastefully remodeled throughout and staff was more than helpful. We did have a few problems with our room, but the manager compensated us for the issues we had. Would stay here again, but next time would wnt to change our room so we don't have to be inconvenienced by maintenance being done while we were there.

A La Quinta traveler
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 21 July 2012

OMG cnt believe it, wat kind of service n rate I got, I knw one thing they get my bussines, I told them n I knw that, when ever I go dayton beach, im going to stay in same hotel, wat u need n wat u looking for on vacation, all in one place , jt like one stop n thats it,jt think why I said extra excellent, when u drive 9 hours n its nite n u walk to the counter n that person give u nice smile n nice talk n give u greatest prices in town, n u knw u cnt find no where in town n its be ocean front, on that time u remember only 3 words yes txs n sold it, next thing u knw u be in yr cold room rit front of big t.v on big bed n rit front of beach looking rit on it n enjoying pool view, u guys need to stay thir,

• Stayed: July 2012