“Daytona Beach Hotel LaQuinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Winter Springs, Florida, USA
“Daytona Beach Hotel LaQuinta”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stay at this hotel twice a year and will continue to enjoy the stay. The patio is a great area to enjoy the sun when you don't want to sit in the sand. The beach area is great. The hotel is in a perfect location and the rooms are nice with a great view. Will continue to use this for our spring and fall vacation.

1 Thank 383williams2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Guyton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Rooms were clean, smelled fresh , dogs welcomed at no extra cost, if anything was missing or wrong in the rooms they were right there to accommodate fix it or get it..All employees were professional and very polite, we had a wonderful pleasant vacation there, free breakfast also... When and if we go back to Daytona Beach we will definitely stay here again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Beach Front second floor , private balcony...
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2014

First of all, this is a MOTEL, not an "inn and suites". Paper thin walls to the outside, couldn't even open the shades to our room b/c everyone walking by would be able to see right in, cars parked right outside our door, housekeeping carts going by very noisily early in the mornings. Breakfast options were minimal and without fail, every morning, almost everything there was to choose from, which wasn't much, was out and the staff never refilled anything - just empty pastry bins, empty yogurt coolers, juices out or not working or very watery, one piece of bread left (and it wasn't like we were getting there right when the breakfast area was closing), cereal bins empty, etc... EVERY morning. Lobby is redone nicely, but smells funny. Room smelled damp/old and althought it looked descent, you could tell that it was very old and run down with new finishes just covering up the old. Dirty/red finger prints on back side of bathroom door. Hair dryer in the bathroom was working, but the wall hanger it goes on was broken so every time you bumped it it fell off the wall. Door to room didn't shut properly, holes in the window shade. Small room. The water presssure in the shower was very strong - to the point where it hurt/felt like needles - which was great on skin that had been in the sun all day - NOT. The pool was always very busy and never once saw a staff person out there. Staff seemed to do the bare minimum and even at times observed attitudes towards guests as if the guest was an inconvenience to them. The only positives of this place were the bed was comfortable, and it was right on the beach. Would not recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Erlanger
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here April 27th thru May 6th and was switched to a larger room when one was available because we wanted more space with 2 adults and two nearly grown kids and a dog. So I have plenty to add here! First off I cannot believe some of the reviews!!! What the heck! (?) The beds and linens were very very comfortable and soft and smell great! (That's big right there)! They are not cheap beds and the pillows are fluffy! (If you don't like fluffy bring your own). The rooms are clean and fresh and roomy! I too have a handicap and parking was not a problem. Maybe only once or twice parking was limited without handicap available but then staff permits parking under front canopy for any overflow. What else can they do! At least they had more than one or two handicap spots (like a couple hotels we saw in that area) and parking in ALL BEACHFRONT Hotels can be a problem in Daytona unless they have valet or a huge garage but staff is very accommodating and honestly it was NOT a problem. Now for the staff.. This is a VERY pet friendly LaQuinta and they are very sweet to your pets first off. I cannot say enough about the staff at this particular hotel, from Becky, to Patti to Brian the maintenance guy there, who is always around fixing little things here and there and never stops smiling to even the breakfast room lady, (forgot her name). Patti at the desk (and Heather too), are just as sweet and accommodating as can be! Becky will make everything right and actually all the employees made our stay even more enjoyable. Patti handled me so well when we were staying down the street at another hotel and not very happy at other place, and made sure she got us a very beautiful ocean front view room quickly and early the next day when we checked out at other place, (thanks again for that Patti)! The breakfast you get in the morning is quite nice and four days of the week they have the best bis quits and gravy ever! Oh also I need to add, they sell just a few things inside (like necessity items and this and that) but there is no way they make any profit off of their items! I was shocked because it was cheaper there in the hotel lobby than Walgreens! There is plenty of great Dining they told us about, like River Grille, (awesome atmosphere), Caribbean Jacks(another fun n awesome Florida atmosphere), with great food, and of course my hubby's favorite Aunt Catfish.. Yum (come hungry for their salad bar)! Anyway, it's just a great place with OURSTANDING staff and I am shocked at some of the reviews, as is my husband and the other in our family!!! This isn't a huge hotel and it's a beach hotel and in my opinion as well as the other 3 people in my family, felt it superior to many many other beachfront hotels in Daytona in that price range and is your BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!! Believe me, I shop around folks, you will not be disappointed here. We even miss all the friendly staff faces who helped make our stay so great. By the way, they have a beautiful grassy garden area in
a separated area from pool that's still by the pool overlooking the ocean, and that is a great place to sit with your dog. (Just no pooping allowed right there) but available near by. Hot tub works n pool was never over packed even at a busy time as we were there. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! We loved room 310! It's the best deal on that beach! Kudos' again to the smiling wonderful staff and all the sweet people employed there!!! (@ Brian don't work too hard now)!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tammylovesvacation
Woodbury, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at La Quinta before...this one is horrible. We stayed from 5/5/2014 thru 5/11/2014. This place has several rooms and two floors HOWEVER, there is very minimal parking and only 3 handicapped parking spaces (my husband is handicapped). Those spaces were always filled and 2 or the 3 were with persons without handicapped placards or plates. Although the office was told they seemed not to care even though it was posted there was a fine and they would be towed. Every day we had to park across a 4 lane highway and walk across (they seemed proud that they provided 2 handicapped places there). The final night there was a wedding party of which they double parked everyone in the parking lot. You could not get in or out and complaints were turned a deaf ear with the reply "they are paying customers". (Not sure what we were though). They didn't seem to understand that they were in violation of standards requiring handicap provisions..even after they were told that my husband further injured himself in crossing the street due to their lack of facilities. Even without being handicapped they had no where near the parking facilities for the rooms that they have. You simply don't have 100 rooms if you only have parking for 30...bad business practice. I will never, ever stay at the hotel again and probably not at a La Quinta, my view of them has been soured. The beds also were warped and the head was lower then the feet. There were gatherings in the parking lot that made persons feel unsafe but they didn't do anything about it either. I have traveled much in my life and do know what is standard in a motel. If you are handicapped or a senior citizen please don't stay here. Running for my life across a busy four lane road especially loaded with suitcases is not my idea of fun. When informed of issues with parking and asking if the "wedding party" precluded handicapped or other paying customers, she patted my hand and stated "I didn't say that sweetie"..she bypassed it and asked "besides that how was your visit?" I told her we would let her know after we went to the doctor after returning home...didn't phase her...

Room Tip: Choose one of the many other motels on the beachside.

Tonawanda, New York, USA
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On our way to florida my wife and I stayed at this hotel last year because of the service and attention we recieved last time.This is great place to stay and wake up to.All around you see the beautiful mountains that the state of virgina has to offer .Easy excess on and off thruway and plenty of retail stores and restraunts to enjoy .Great breakfast at hotel and also pet friendly .If you ever have a chance to go threw the state of Virgina and are in need of a great place to stay and the price is right.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Always have stayed with La Quinta & I have to say this was the worst one I have stayed at. So many issues & the only reason for giving 2 stars was the view. Right on the beach & easy walkway to it. Here's the good.
1. The view was great
2. The breakfast woman who tried keeping up with the outed food was very friendly & polite
Problems
1. Booked 4 rooms for family & was using points for my room. The points were used on a different room even when the manager confirmed at checkin it was mine so I was overcharged by $40
2. Pool was very cold because the heater was broken
3. For a newly remodeled lobby, there are no places to sit in the lobby for breakfast with the amount of rooms they have
4. Refrigerator in the room didn't work
5. Wi-fi wasn't working over 1/2 the time.
6. Extremely small & smelly elevator.
7. Air conditioner in the room was set at 69 & it was 77 in the room
8. Lots of bug problems in the room before we even entered it
9. Trash bag of food outside of door left for almost a full day (no idea where it came from)
10. Parking lot is a very tight squeeze, especially for a bigger car. But the worst of the parking is the small lot. Twice I had to park across the street (which the front desk lets you know where you can park) due to the small lot. Walking across the 5 lane busy Oceandrive isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Stayed May 2014