“New little sushi spot on Seabreeze”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe du Japon

Cafe du Japon
Ranked #63 of 398 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Ormond Beach, Florida
“New little sushi spot on Seabreeze”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stopped in for some sushi prior to the comedy show down the street and was pleasantly surprised. Fresh sashimi, excellent roll selection, and reasonably priced for a sushi restaurant. They got us in and out fairly quick as we were going to see the show. Will be back.

Visited December 2013

Orlando, Florida
“A+++ Creativity, Quality, Ambiance and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Cafe du Japon was a complete surprise to me. As a local, i had seen the unusual sign outside that says internet and nothing that indicates its a sushi restaurant. But i happened upon some reviews and gave it a try. The restaurant was filled with locals who are in the know and have followed this chef all telling me to be prepared for greatness. The sushi was nothing short of amazing. The presentation was artistic, creative choices using fresh jalapeno, scallops and fried oysters. We had the seared tuna which was perfection and flaming lava roll with smoked salmon and heated with a hot flame in front of us, and the scallop and krab roll which was also mind blowing. Nice mood, sushi art, big sapporo beers and all was very affordable. Do not miss this. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
Palmetto, Florida, United States
“Cafe de Japon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the best sushi restaurants I've ever been to! We had their OMG roll- phenomenal, their cucumber roll- light and refreshing, their spider roll- excellent and their spicy California and spicy tuna rolls- both really good rolls as well! All in all, it was an excellent experience. Plus, the price was great too- we were actually really surprised when we got our bill! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!

• Visited December 2013
Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
“Art / Sushi Fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is one of the best sushi places I have ever been. Quaint, friendly as well as the owner/artist a truly masterful Sushi chef. The prices are VERY reasonable, Their Miso soup (only $1.00 by the way) gives me Chiba Perfecture flashbacks of Japan. When you arrive, flip thru their "Gallery" of photos in their book they give you so you can explore exciting creations to try. I recommend the "OMG" roll for new comers. It is an awesome, artistic & Divine roll that will almost certainly become your favorite. If you love eel, the dragon roll can't be beat, it's a whole half an eel over a killer roll with octopus eyes as well as a finial to this giant creation complete with horns...I could go on and on but I recommend that you come down for dinner as well as for the lunch specials. the atmosphere is laid back pseudo jazzy with a classic aircraft artsy blend/fusion feel. This place has been around over half a decade, just a block or so off the beach and intercostal waterway in Daytona's trendy seabreeze area and I'm shocked I have not tried it sooner beings that it's a few hundred feet from my house !! well worth going there several times a week if you dare, and each creation is better than the last, Sushi Nirvana right in front of me, could not be happier ....pictures soon (I promise).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scott G
“Biketoberfest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I love sushi and this is one of the best if not the best sushi restaurant I have ever eaten. The prices were way under the normal for this kind of food and our server Nicole made the whole dinner perfect. Kudos