“BETTER OFF WITH A MEAL”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stopped by this juicing place and indeed, I felt like drinking something real and nutritious for a change. I ordered a 20 oz carrot juice $8.52 and then I ordered another juice, apple, celery, parsley and cucumber, another $8.52. Then I realized that 17 dollars worth of drinking was not rational and had I ordered something to eat, would have been better off. Their menu looks like a short newspapers and almost anything you order comes in a wrap. black beens and veggies was good. Overall, it is a good atmosphere, clean delicious food but a bit pricey.Any way, I told myself that I spend this much money only on 4th of July. If you want to feel you are in the Caribbean somewhere, Dancing Avocado is the place. Remember this: they close early.

Chef_Angelo25, Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Jo K,

Thank you for stopping by, sorry for the sticker shock. We roll through cases of apples, carrots and are shooting to the market for spinach, ginger and other juicing specialties such as strawberry guavas and cactus pears. We try to stay competitive with central Florida Juice Bars and many of our customers don't consume solid food and are using juices as a meal replacement. Hope we get to see you before next July 4th.

Our servers are jazzed about getting you juiced!?

There are newer reviews for Dancing Avocado Kitchen

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Not the same old same. Had Tiro for an app which was a creamy feta spread with pita. Wow! Apparently they make all the hummus and dressings there, We were in a group of four. So us girls shared all the amazing food. I had a greek salad with hummus, and more yummy tiro, and falfaels. my peeps had a burger with fresh guac :) A dancer with cheese and advocado. Lastly an earth burger with fried potatoes chunks. Will be back again and again.

Dear HK,

Thank you so much for popping in, and for being observant. The following is a list of what our team of chef's spend countless hours writing menus for; soaking, mixing, sorting, dehydrating, roasting, ordering, simmering, swirling, dicing, measuring. Yes, we do make our own, Tirosalata; garlic and black bean hummus' from scratch...It is a major production for us to prepare the Earth Burgers, Falafel, Vegan Bacon, & Tinga'ing in house. We make 3 salad dressing from scratch, all of our salsa's, all of our sides, and of course, our guacamole to order. Chef refuses to delegate the preparation of any of the soups unless he's out of town. We see Harry, of Harry's custom bakery, every day; delivering amazing vegan breads which are the platform to our sandwiches. Yes, we do boil, cut, fry & dust (dancer) your fried tater chunks.

Veggies that will rock your world?!

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

What an different place to eat. Lots of healthy options and lots of unhealthy options too. If you aren't careful you can spend a lot of money here. If it's a sunny day eat outside, it's shaded and they have fans so you won't get hot. Look forward to eating here again.

AvocadoKitchen, Front Office Manager at Dancing Avocado Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear GT28,

Thank you so much for landing here at the DAK. We loved that you benefited from our outdoor deck and sidewalk cafe areas. Which are able to view one of the busiest and historic sections in our cities. You didn't mention what you ate, most of our food has a tendency to be healthy, even if you should order the meat options (as compared to traditional formula restaurant fair) and our meals range from 6.50 to 12, beverages ranging from 1.25 to 5.50 depending on what you order. Sorry if we tipped you over your budget. Thanks for tripping out, hope to see you again!!!

Our servers are jazzed to getting you juiced!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had the tour da media think. it was delicious. the server Ashley was very friendly very suggestive been very helpful brought out hot sauces and sample something from the kitchen Autumn something very very good.

2  Thank Hondo S

Dear Hondos,

I believe you are a data laser imaging manager, I'm still trying to verify that. In the meantime, how thankful we are that you came in and were able to enjoy a tour de media. To think it was delicious. Your server Ashley is very friendly, and she is very suggestive. She has been very helpful, and brings out very hot sauces. You mention you samples something from the kitchen? If it was chef Autumn, the amazing talent we know works in our kitchen, that something is Autumn's pickled madness. It is part of a comp nibby shnack that she offers only when it tickles her fancy. Yes, Autumn and her madness are very, very good.

Thanks Hon, for your tripping out during this review.

Do you like it hot?!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a festive little restaurant! I had lunch with another couple, one who is vegan. I am not. The menu was wonderfully balanced! Provided delicious choices for carnivorous folks and vegetarians!! The food was sinfully delicious. The portions were generous. The atmosphere is fun but not overbearing... The wait staff was attentive and kept plates cleared, and glasses full. The tab for the 4 of us was more then reasonable. I rarely go to Daytona...rarely. But I found a favorite new lunch spot...I'll be back for this place sooner then later. The selections of rubber ducky's (yes, little rubber ducky's), unusual candies and soda in glass bottles at the check out just add to the charm of this place. I walked out satisfied with 3 ducky's in a bag and an ice cold bottle of soda (for dessert).

3  Thank nsblover

Dear NSBLover,

Perfect! Perfect!! Perfect!!! Our main slogan is 'where herbivore and carnivore eat together in harmony' you(carnivore) and your friend(herbivore) visited us, had great service, in a fun environment, had food that was fantastic, affordable, and are coming back!?!?! You found our candies, beverage oasis and our ducks. What more could we ask of you?

Have everything your heart desires!