“Heaven on the beach!”

Ranked #41 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Palisade, Colorado
“Heaven on the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hospitality was excellent, views were exceptional, pool was perfect. Truly one of the best beach vacations we have ever had. We were looking for something laid back without a lot of hustle and bustle and people and this place was the perfect spot. It really felt like we were the only ones on the resort even though the place was almost completely booked out. Everything that you would need to stay for a week and cook your own food was provided. Our large family of 7 had plenty of room for sleeping and hanging out in the cottage. (Even though we spent the majority of the time laying out by the pool or down on the beach). Everything was "as advertised". We literally took 15 steps to the beach! Our front window had a perfect view of the ocean. Thanks again for such a wonderful peace of heaven on the beach!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ttaygolden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

In this time of cookie cutter chain places, this is an old school Daytona Beach Shores' treasure. The owners make you feel like home and the accommodations are very comfortable. I am a writer based in New York and wanted to finish my book in a quiet place by the water. Shoreline All Suites Inn and Cabana Colony Cottages is right on the Atlantic Ocean. It was a perfect experience for what I needed: quiet and beautiful but also not far from places I needed like a print shop, post office, library, etc. For extremely reasonable rates, I had a bigger apartment than some of my friends' places in New York. the kitchen was fully stocked/ the bed was very comfortable and there's maid service everyday. The pool is heated, which was great. Every time I saw the owners, they were very kind and sincere, offering any help I needed. They even hosted a Super Bowl party for all the guests. This is was my first time here but it will not be my last. In fact, almost everybody I met who was staying here told me they had been there several times before. A couple of people, including one gentleman from England, told me they had been coming here for over 30 years. I believe the owners, a charming young couple from California, Nae and Guy, took over the place four years ago. They are not just the owners but they really care that you are comfortable and happy while you are staying here. In terms of where Shoreline is situated, it's about a ten minute drive to the Daytona Speedway. There are a lot of activities for families, including a lot of miniature golf places, cinema around, etc. There are also two supermarkets, Winn Dixie and Publix five minutes away. But the place is very quiet and I got a lot of writing done, so that made me happy! I would highly recommend Shorelines, and as I said when i have a chance, I will come here again.

Room Tip: The way the place is laid out, I believe everywhere you stay here, you'll have a great experienc...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C C
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Me and my large family of 6, felt right at home. We stayed a week in one of the larger apartments over Christmas break. We have stayed in some pricey hotels and have been sadly disappointed of the outcome. Beds were comfy and kitchen was well stocked(pots,pans,dishes).
We are looking forward to our next trip to Daytona Beach and guess where we are going to stay?? At the Shoreline!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela C
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Shoreline Inn is a very Old Florida place. You can stay in one of the suites that range from an efficiency type to 2 bedrooms or opt for one of the cottages. The property shows its age in places but Guy and Nae (the owners) are working to turn this place into a shining gem.

I can find fault with any hotel I stay in and I have stayed in many from luxury resorts to places that I prefer to forget. I chose to not point out the minor flaws because they made me feel at "home" everyday. This inn is one of the places that I will recommend to anyone coming to Daytona Beach. Improvements are being made on a daily basis. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to help. The highrises in view from the inn are newer but you can't escape the charm of this place.

Read the other reviews for what is offered here since I see no reason to repeat what has already been covered.

While staying here I met others staying for the first time and many repeat quests. There has to be a reason that so many people come back each year!

Room Tip: The closer to the ocean is better.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This is Been my second occasion to stay at the shoreline cabanas. If you like skyscraper hotels with the long desolate hallways waiting for elevators the Shoreline isn't the place for you! These are separate cabanas that were built in the 30's 40's or 50's? That have been modernized very tastefully. they have kitchenettes and the rooms are spacious. And most of all they are very very clean! The grounds are manicured and if you're not staying in a room directly facing the beach all of the other rooms are just a steps to the beach and pool area . The pool has been updated and very modern and very large. The ambience of the whole grounds is just very laid back and relaxing . It's unfortunate that I can't describe in words how really nice this place is! And wow the prices are really really reasonable! It owned by young couple that are very personable and very helpful to accommodate you for any of your needs. Anytime my destination is Daytona Beach I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. This place is just got the wow factor! Jay Gonzalez Ocala Fl.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gonzo3620
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We go to Daytona every November. We like the beach and there are no crowds this time of year. We`ve stayed at several beachfront motels over the years. Some good, some poor. I would say this place is VERY good. It really depends on what type of person you are and what you want out of a holiday. This is not the Hilton or the Plaza. If you want that experience don`t stay here. I don`t understand why people can`t see the difference and expect the same amenities as those corporate boxes. (see previous review)
These small owner/operator motels are great if looked after properly and this one is. Guy (the owner) is a nice fellow and is putting every dollar he has into the place. Renovations are being done everywhere. While we were there, windows were installed in the cottages and furniture was being replaced in some rooms. This may be a problem for some but repairs have to be done and that is what happens in Daytona in November. I was told that all the cottages are being resurfaced in the near future as well.
The property and pool is clean.
The staff are very pleasant and happy to serve you.
We had a wonderful time. So much so, we stayed on for two extra days.
We had a beachfront cottage which was great. Perfect ocean views with a big grassy area out front. A grill if so inclined not to eat out. 2 cottage chairs and 2 lounges for afternoon naps.
Inside a small kitchenette fully stocked with enough dishware to get by. Small clean washroom and daily maid service.
A large 8 foot deep heated ocean front pool with lots of seating out front.
The garden cottages are similar without the noise of the ocean or the view.
The motel rooms are two old small 1950`s rooms renovated into one larger room.
All seem very nice depending on what you want to pay.
The only downside was the morning attempt at coffee and donuts in the office but that is why we get places with kitchens. So we can make our own food. I haven`t found too many free continental breakfasts at the big motels I can say are any better. Parking may also be an issue during the busy months. Very tight. Not good for large vehicles - not an issue in November.
Our bed was also very "used" but all of them are being replaced soon according to the owner.
We enjoyed our time here and will be going back next year. A very laid back type of place.

Room Tip: Daytona oceanfront cottage the only way to go
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Relied too heavily on tripadvisor this time I suppose. First of all, I understand that these cottages have a feel of "old Florida," therefore they are indeed old. For what we paid we definitely weren't expecting luxury, so if you intend on booking you shouldn't either. Really the deciding factor had been the price. However, had we known that additional parking is $40, we would not have stayed here.

The staff is very friendly and the housekeepers are very persistent about making the bed and changing the towels... so much so that they won't understand, "come back later," and will continue to knock. The good things about that cottage is that it is pretty quiet in there, like they soundproofed the entire thing. You are right on the beach, even with a garden view. The bed was really comfortable once we took off that plastic liner thing they put on it. I also really appreciated the gas stove and that our bed sheets were clean.

The cottage's kitchen and bathroom are pretty small, but they do get the job done. If you intend on doing a fair amount of cooking though, you don't have counter space. I was really disappointed first coming in and taking off my shoes and the floor in the bathroom feeling like there was a film over it. After that I decided to just wear socks around, which the bottoms were black in no time. The hair dryer was pretty old and getting a little rusty. There are also some little black ants that travel in the bathroom outlet from the outside, no big deal really. There is a lot of dust that had collected on that little towel and soap basket thing though. Like, it was pretty thick haha. The shower felt dirty; I'm not sure if it's just because everything else in the bathroom needed to be cleaned though. If you're tall, you're going to feel cramped. The first time I used the kitchen sink there were quite a few gnats that had been living in it I guess. After that they disappeared.

Maybe it was just our cottage, because a lot of these reviews tout how clean it had been and it was just really disappointing that ours wasn't. Everything else about the place was great really, it's just that I felt dirty my entire stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple