“It's a chain and it's pricey, but so what. If its about money go to the happy hour”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 376 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach Street
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here this evening. We had the salmon and coconut shrimp respectively. Both were deliciousand the salad bar is to die for.
The ambiance is second to none with a beautiful view of the intercoastal waterway.
The feature attraction for this restaurant to me is their happy hour. It is the best happy hour in all of Daytona Beach, and for that matter any town where I have found a Chart House. It runs from 4 to 7 p. M. . Domestic beers at $2.50, wines by the glass at $4, and large martinis including olives stuffed with blue cheese for $6. Combine that with appetizers like firecracker shrimp and calamari at $5 each... plus 3 prime rib sliders and & 2 fish tacos at $6 each, and you have a fantastic dinner for very little in a beautiful setting. What's not to like.

Richland, Washington
“Pricey, but Excellent Atmosphere/Food/Service”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had never been to this restaurant before, but I had frequented (MANY years ago) a "Chart House" chain in many places (Caribbean included) that was your basic, but VERY good Steak House. When making the reservations for the "Chart House" in Daytona Beach, I was thinking/expecting it to be the same chain I visited so many times before. WRONG! This place is VERY upscale, tremendous architecture, right on the river, and a very, very classy place -- which the price reflects (as a caution). Was a little taken aback at first, especially after seeing the prices, but we could afford it, and looked forward to seeing what they had to offer.

We had made a reservation for a window table overlooking the water, and were seated at a great table within a couple minutes of checking in. Was impressed with that.

The food, service, atmosphere, however, more than made up for the $$$. We had an excellent server who let us take our time, answer our many questions, and served the food leisurely (we told her we were on vacation, and no hurry).

The menu was quite extensive, and, have I mentioned that the food was excellent??

I see from other reviews that there have "mixed" experiences. Fortunately, ours was just fine, and we had a lovely, leisurely dinner (was at sunset, too, so that enhanced the experience). But this is NOT your old Chart House steak house of yester-year!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pdelucchi1272
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great Place for A Special Occasion”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went to the Chart House for the first time for a special birthday today. We made reservations and arrived at the appointed time (5:30 pm) and were seated immediately with a water view. The server, Michelle did a fantastic job. We both ordered from the Early Diners Menu - Crusted Salmon and the Shrimp Scampi. Both were very delicious and included the salad bar, which had many great choices. Even though the ambiance was great, the background music was a little out of character for an upscale restaurant. As as side note, the restrooms were elegant. I would highly recommend this especially the Early Dining Menu for a reasonably priced special occasion destination.

Oak Ridge
“Good food, unwelcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were unaware that this was a more upscale restaurant and went to our dinner reservation in more casual attire. Our server left us waiting for at least 10 minutes before greeting us. He was off hand with us all night. The food was good and the view was beautiful. Everything tasted like it had sat in the window for a while which would be consistent with the attitude we received.
Could have been a better experience if we had dressed up!

1 Thank constantraveler26
Charlotte, NC
“Surely not what I was expecting”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wow, this was a disappointment. I had booked months in advance for my mother's 80th birthday. I had put a note on Open Table that I wanted a good table with a view for the special occasion. I had also called the restaurant a day before and reiterated that. When the 4 of us arrived, we had to wait - not a long time, but still, they should have known we were coming. We were seated next to a handicapped apparatus right near the kitchen. It was a window view, but barely and quite crowded and busy with all the waiters walking by with trays.

The food left a lot to be desired. Most of us had seafood. Some was overcooked and the others just bland. We all agreed that a night at Red Lobster would have been just the same without the price.

Speaking of the price, It was over $200 for 4 people who each had one drink, but no appetizers and no desserts. Ridiculously overpriced for the food and service we obtained. Service wasn't bad, but was nothing special. This place just gets customers because of its' name and some tables with good views. Don't waste your money.