“Romantic evening celebration”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 376 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Flagler beach
“Romantic evening celebration”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had heard some wonderful reviews so we decided to give The Cellar a try. We were delighted at the romantic atmosphere in this historic building. It's cost and welcoming. We were attentively seen to immediately by our server who was very helpful with the menu and descriptions of the specials. Seemed very knowledgeable of the food items and the wine list, they obviously do a good job of training their staff. We are well travelled and I would consider myself a foodie... There was an enviable selection on the menu. We were thrilled that they had conundrum red. I ordered a Filet Mignon and my husband had Elk Chop in Porcini cream sauce. It is worth mentioning that everything is freshly made and it shows. the filet was excellent, one
of the best I have had. This is definitely a stand out experience in Daytona, not exactly where you would imagine Fine dining. The atmosphere is for sure a romantic setting especially intimate upstairs on the enclosed patio. much quieter than the main floor but you have to have a reservation. I would recommend this for a special more intimate occasion. It's pricey but you get
what you pay for and this is quality specialty meats and fresh homemade pastas. Save room for dessert Tiramasu was outstanding.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Layne S

Daytona Beach, Florida
“A Daytona Beach Gem”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I travel extensively both domestically and internationally. We usually try to locate "fine dining" opportunities wherever we go. The Cellar Restaurant in Daytona Beach is, for my money, in a class of its own ; far and above the best restaurant in the Daytona Beach area.. Excellent cusine, artfully prepared in an environment of ambience and historical significance. All,including an extensive wine list at quite reasonable prices.

2 Thank John K
palm coast florida
“very nice, if a bit pricey.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

very nice place and very nice people. The food was presented very well and also done very well. The wine list is excellent. The atmosphere is quite nice. It is a bit of a surprise for Daytona Beach. Personally, I thought the food was just ok but that is my taste and may not be yours. my wifes food, on the other hand, was excellent. I would go back but only for a celebration as the prices are a bit high.

1 Thank depone
Houston
“Great Mother's Day choice!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Made reservations at this restaurant (highly suggested) to take my mother-in-law for a Mother's Day dinner...including my wife and sister-in-law. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and quickly taken to our table. Our waiter, Christopher, a professional, went over the specials and took drink orders (water for all!) Bread and oil were delivered to the table. We all started with the 'house salad'. I followed with a pasta - 1/2 order of Ravioli di Carne alla "Montepertuso" - Meat filled pillows sautéed with mixed olives, light tomato sauce and goat cheese. If was excellent! Entrées for everyone were: 1) "Scaloppine alla Veneto" - Scaloppine of veal loin sautéed with artichokes, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and white wine, 2) "Dentice alla Romana" - Snapper fillet sautéed with artichokes, diced tomatoes, and basil served with a saffron and white wine sauce, 3) Flounder, expertly prepared, and 4) "Portobello con Gorgonzola" - Portobello mushroom cap roasted with imported gorgonzola cheese and served with a Balsamic glaze and baby greens. Everyone raved about the deliciousness of each dish! We finish the evening with two orders of "MOUSSE DI CIOCCOLATA" - White and dark chocolate mousse covered in dark chocolate, served with Amareno black cherry sauce (no alcohol taste.)

If was a lovely evening. Service was good, food prep excellent. Our bill for 4, with no alcoholic beverages, was slightly less than $200, before tip. Highly recommend!

2 Thank miredintx
Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
“Five star food & service in a historical building”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We went here for my birthday, successful in getting a reservation after previous frustration in getting one. The place is small, cozy, warm but not anything remarkable in appearance. The main dining room is in...the cellar of the old historical-registered house of Pres. W. Harding.
The food is gourmet Italian, and they did everything extremely well. She had Carpaccio w/arugula
and Parmesan sheets and I had two unbelievable roasted red peppers filled with Mozz and traces of sausage. I don't think I have every tasted any pepper that even came close to this! The place serves half orders of their sumtuous pastas, and we shared one half-portion as a small second course, a rigitoni with tomatoes and fresh mozz--but did not taste anything like a caprese salad!! The shared amount was exactly right for a second course. For entree, she had a daily special of snapper stuffed with artichokes and peppers, and I had Osso Buco with a lamb shank "roasted more than 3 hours" to a juicy finish as moist as one could want it.
We shared a dessert that look like bread pudding and tasted much like it (deliciouse), but was light and airy like no such low country diner would recognize. Our wine was an affordable Prosecco bubbly that hit the spot.
It was a special occasion, but the final bill was reasonable, considering the quality and quantity. Our waiter was excellent, did not miss a mark in serving properly and giving attention when needed and knew when to not. The romance here comes more from the wonderful food and service than anything else but I cannot think of a much nicer place for a couple's special occasion.

3 Thank Sailorjohn1939