“Pleasant evening”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 378 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in need of a new experience and tried the Celler based on other reviews. We dine out frequently at 4 -5 star venues which are hard to come by in Daytona. So were looking forward to something special. While old, the building was very nice and the decor and table settings were exceptional. While there was not a full bar, the wine list was extensive and we were pleasantly surprised by the imaginative prosecco with brown sugar rim and pomegranate syrup. My husband who isn't fond of wine or champagne even liked it. The bread (brown version) was good. We ordered the specials which were a cod dish and a flank steak dish. The fish was good and had a nice flavor with vegetable complement. I would give it a 3 or 4 out of 5. The side dishes were nice and we both liked the potato gratin. The flank steak was passable, we likened it more to a salisbury steak where all you tasted was gravy, very much not what we expected. For desert, we ordered tarimisu (much better than at the chain restaurants such as Macaroni Grill/Carrabas) and a chocolate item which was good. The service was good. Recommend the lower dining room, a bit more lively than the upper one. We will go back but will try something else.

There are newer reviews for The Cellar

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Besides dining in Lucca, Italy, The Cellar is one of the most perfect places we've ever enjoyed. From atmosphere to top-notch service and food, we spent two hours in complete bliss.

The historic home's interior is gorgeous and a hidden gem in Daytona. Make reservations because even on a Tuesday, this place fills up--both floors. Quaint brick walls, stained glass, and Italian decor--romantic and cozy. It's fancy but not snobby. I dressed up but my husband wore a button down shirt, Italian shoes, and nice jeans. Business casual is perfect.

Every dish is made to order. We have many food allergies--peppers, lactose, and gluten. They went 110% above and beyond to accommodate us, without hesitation. The chef is CIA and lived up to every expectation. A small plate of prosciutto and melon started our night off with a sensory overload of deliciousness. The duck and pheasant with cinnamon apples was to die for. So was the snapper with artichokes. The menu is fresh, simple, healthy, and diverse.

For dessert, the manager came and checked on us. For my open table reservation I made a note that it was my husband's birthday but he couldn't eat gluten or lactose. I didn't have to say a word upon arrival. She approached me and told me our options. That alone made me want to come back again. So much appreciated.

Our bill reflected the quality of food--high--and it was worth every dollar. It's about $30-$40 a plate, you get sides, and it's the perfect portion. We will be back for special occasions.

We also loved the wine options and amazing port!

4  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my first time going to The Celler, wounderful experience !!! Great wine list, fantastic service and the food was outstanding. We had a table for 6 downstairs ( the best place to be) I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion

4  Thank Beachrunner58
Reviewed 19 June 2014

this restaurant was such a surprise, tucked away in Downtown Daytona and set in a historic home( my week spot). the owners were so pleasent and their choice of wine paired perfectley with our entre, and the deserts were such the perfect ending to a delightfull meal. The next time we visit the area, The Cellar will be number one on our retaurants to eat at.

4  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had heard some wonderful reviews so we decided to give The Cellar a try. We were delighted at the romantic atmosphere in this historic building. It's cost and welcoming. We were attentively seen to immediately by our server who was very helpful with the menu and descriptions of the specials. Seemed very knowledgeable of the food items and the wine list, they obviously do a good job of training their staff. We are well travelled and I would consider myself a foodie... There was an enviable selection on the menu. We were thrilled that they had conundrum red. I ordered a Filet Mignon and my husband had Elk Chop in Porcini cream sauce. It is worth mentioning that everything is freshly made and it shows. the filet was excellent, one
of the best I have had. This is definitely a stand out experience in Daytona, not exactly where you would imagine Fine dining. The atmosphere is for sure a romantic setting especially intimate upstairs on the enclosed patio. much quieter than the main floor but you have to have a reservation. I would recommend this for a special more intimate occasion. It's pricey but you get
what you pay for and this is quality specialty meats and fresh homemade pastas. Save room for dessert Tiramasu was outstanding.

2  Thank Layne S