“Addenda:Update”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 380 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I rarely post additions to my reviews but in this case I feel compelled to...set the record straight.

It has been mentioned that the Cellar is not suited for senior citizens because the restaurant is actually in the Cellar down a flight of stairs.... This is true, however I am one of those who cannot walk stairs and the Cellar has a room on ground level with NO stairs and are always willing to accommodate those with disabilities.

The first floor dining room is equally charming... Just mention your need when you make a reservation...even on Open Table this request can be made and Lina and Sam will be more than happy to accommodate.... I always sit upstairs.

1  Thank cbotrader

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Cellar is one of the best restaurants in central florida, the whole experience from start to finish is impeccable, we have never had bad food or a bad experience here you will not be dissapointed!

1  Thank kerry19571125
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When you want that special night to remember, the Cellar is the place to go. The Italian food selection is great and the wine list is extensive and fair. It ain't cheap but well worth the price. You'll be glad you went.

2  Thank Mike L M
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Daytona is NOT known for its fine dining establishments, so I was taken back when my wife took me here for a date. The food was incredible. I love duck and I'm usually quite picky about it. It was cooked perfectly. To be honest I don't even remember what my wife got because I kept going on about my meal. The wine was good and the dessert was just right. We would go again but its not someplace a middle class family can go regularly. If you're on a date or celebrating an event, do yourself a favor and spend a little extra to eat here. You WON'T be disappointed.

2  Thank Todd S
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Cellar is a wonderful restaurant that lives up to every outstanding review. We reserved a table for 8 to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. The hospitality was 5-Star, their staff was very attentive to meet the needs of a larger group. The food was exceptional. Everyone in our party was extremely pleased with their meal and wine parings. Service had a good pace. I personally tried the Carpaccio de Manzo and the Osso Buco D'Agnelo con Risotto alle Verdure. The Carpaccio de Manzo was excellent. As unusual as it may sound the meat melted in my mouth like butter. The Osso Buco was extremely tender. I have only tried it a few times (once in Paris, France), and can honestly say this was the very best I ever had. The Cellar is definitely a place that will become a family tradition. If you do not know what the Carpaccio de Manzo is? It is a paper-thin sliced beef served raw (with arugula, shaved Parmigiano, fennel, and Balsamic vinaigrette.

2  Thank Magellan3