“Daytona Beach Gem”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 442 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US 1 (RIDGEWOOD AVE)
Description: The area’s most acclaimed Fine Dining Classical Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list set in an historic building. CIA Graduate chef and his wife are hosts.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We weren't very impressed with DB as we drove in and around on a Saturday evening and Sunday morning. We located a nice retro diner for breakfast then came upon The Cellar. WOW!

Great dinner and dining experience in this space. Excellent Service and ambiance.

I gather this is a husband/chef and wife/hostess establishment.

Excellent food. Very nice wine list.

I thought we were going Italian but we had fish.

Started with a shared poached (?) cool scallop app which was fresh and nicely nuanced with flavors.
My wife had a snapper/shrimp combo main and I had a Hawaiian Tuna special.
Both were fresh and full of great additions as re. flavors, vegetables, etc.
The plates looked great and the food tasted great.

Finished with a shared desert of vanilla gelato and an apple strudel pastry.

Prices are probably at the high end for the area but it should be considered (very) fine dining. For a special dinner when here this is a must go.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We had not been back for a couple years. The food was excellent and the service great. The owners work and love on site and make this place great. Make reservations because it is not that big but well worth it.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The Cellar is one of the very few fine dining experiences remaining in Daytona Beach. From the time you enter, throughout the meal and afterwards you are treated royally. A fine selection of wines are available. The food is outstanding.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We have been here 3 times and I can’t say enough what a great place to go. Food is spectacular. Atmosphere is very romantic . Love love love this place

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank JMartino16
Reviewed 5 September 2018

The ambience of the Cellar is fantastic from the moment you sit down. We were greeted right away by the server who asked us what to drink. I liked that they had half bottles of wine. I had the giant shrimp and grouper which melted in my mouth. The side items were vegetable's and au gratin potatoes. We had the apple strudel for desert which I would highly recommend. The server had even realized that my husband didn't drink and brought the cleansing palate between courses without alcohol. We hadn't even mentioned that he didn't drink as he just didn't drink the wine that I had. The service was very good and I would highly recommend you eat at this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018