“I enjoyed my stay”

Super 8 Daytona Beach
Ranked #49 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hastings, Florida USA
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this one after my experience in Kissimmee. I DID NOT follow Trip Advisor's recommendations on this hotel after the glowing report on the crap-hole the week before but rather did other research. It was a clean place, lobby smells a bit weird but otherwise the room entrances are all indoors, the beds are clean, fresh and lovely. It's quiet, roomy and for the price, a great value. A bit removed from everything in Daytona but only by a few miles. It served its purpose and that was for a quiet night of rest.

Room Tip: nice for the price, quiet even in room 116 which is near the elevator and doors.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 6 August 2012

we had a great time staff very friendly,helpful always on top of things.Sandra advised us on transport around the area and also assisted in hiring a car for the family.We will certainly return here someday.Thank you again for making this a pleasant stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here overnight and my experience was excellent. My room seemed to have been renovated recently. It was clean and I felt safe. The price was a great value. I'll be back next time with the family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
cassandra n, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us.We are happy your experience was pleasent and look foorward to seeing you and your family in future.
bermuda
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I wanted a clean, cheep place to stay for a few days in Daytona Beach. This place fit the bill perfectly. The room was just as advertised, very clean, and quiet. The front desk staff were great, as was the housekeeping staff. I've stayed in a lot of places in Daytona Beach, but this is by far the best when it comes to cleanliness, rates, and staff. Everything is maintained in good working order, and it has a nice quiet pool out back to relax in. Kudos to all involved!

Room Tip: I will be back!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank likeitbald
, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking a moment to recognize our fantastic staff. We pride our selves on customer service and are very rewarded when it is recognized.

We hope to see you again in the near future and are happy to hear you had in pleasant stay with us!
Point Pleasant
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Got to Daytona on way further instate late...wanted reasonable price place for a few hours..with brother so did not have to meet wifey standards...Very pleasantly surprised..price was about 51 bucks and place was spotless with sheets that were clean and felt ironed... room smelled clean on entry. Enough breakfast to get up and go and does have coffee pot in room if you don't want to go down stairs...Great deal for the buck and told that to front desk on way out. Nice to feel like you get your moneys worth occasionally.

Room Tip: Not sure if all 8's are this clean and nice but who ever owns this one apparently takes pride in...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
We appreciate your kind review and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will choose the Super 8 down town, Daytona Beach again the next time your travels bring you to Daytona!
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Checked in last night, not having slept in two days and having hurt my knee a few hours before. Was given a second floor room (204). While trying to get my stuff upstairs, I couldn't get the elevator to work. The guy came over and pounded the button and I was able to get to my room. As soon as I walked in, the room smelled as if someone had peed all over the entryway floor. As it wasn't so bad further inside I ignored it and got ready for some sleep, choosing the far bed. Thought I'd watch TV for a few minutes as I dozed off, but something was wrong with it . . . at that point I wasn't going to complain. Slept really well for about twelve hours. Headed downstairs about 9:50 a.m. for some breakfast . . . couldn’t get the elevator to work. Finally found the stairway, and with my knee screaming at me, made it to the lobby. Breakfast ended at 9:00 a.m. (not 10:00 a.m. like everywhere else)! My fault for not checking beforehand, but still . . . Limped back up stairs. Called the front desk three times for a late checkout . . . no one answered, so I left a message on the manager’s voicemail. Over the next hour, I was threatened and harassed several times even though the front desk eventually got back to me and said the extra hour I needed was fine. To their credit, the elevator was working again when I left. Place is clean and looks fine, though I can't vouch for any of the amenities as I didn’t use them. Will be in Daytona for a few more days, but will not be spending them here!!!

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank gordon61
cassandra n, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Mr.Gordon
We are sorry that your visit to our hotel was anything less than satisfactory .We do make our guest our priority .Also we do apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator, we have looked into why it wasn’t working and have had no further issues .We would appreciate the chance to serve you again in the future. On behalf of our hotel we would like to extend an additional 15% off on your next stay at our hotel .Again we do apologize for any issues and inconveniences you had while staying with us.