“Awesome Place!!!”

Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Awesome Place!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have been staying here every year for several years now and it's always a great place to stay! You can't beat the quality, location, price, AND HOTTUB!!! The staff is always really friendly as well, especially the housekeeping staff! Stacey was the attendant who checked us in this year. Super-friendly, informed and helpful! I can't say enough about my little find. Hope you check it out and you'll find out what I already know!

Room Tip: Tip: Eat breakfast somewhere else. :) No offense, but the selection is very limited.
1 Thank Alin923

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Great location, we had a king ocean view and the view was fab. The rooms however are supposedly ... New.. NOT..very basic motel style..not even very clean...poor quality bedding. We got the room at an amazing low price of $65 a night..if you pay any more than this you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank vicky j
plymouth england
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Staff very friendly and helpful. Had a very clean and comfortable room with beautiful Ocean view. Were on a two month trip and stayed at many places. This was one of the best and also very good value. Would recommend Emerald Shores to anyone and wish we could have stayed longer.Special thanks to the Rock Chick for your help.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed in a room with a king size bed. The room was huge, everything was clean, there was both a fridge and a microwave in the room. There was no iron or ironing board in the room, but the front desk was able to get me one upon request.

My only problem with this hotel was the incredible difficulty in getting on to the Internet. Since I travel for business, I definitely need Internet access, and although the signal was strong, the system must have been severely overloaded since it was basically impossible to get online.

Other than that, my stay was very pleasant and I would recommend this hotel for vacationers, but not business professionals.

• Stayed March 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 March 2012

If you're looking for a place right on the beach with a private pool and hot tub, and you don't require any bells and whistles, this is the place for you. I had a CrowdSavings (similar to Groupon) voucher for a 2-night stay for two here. It looks really tacky in comparison to the surrounding hotels, from the beach view. You can tell it's older, but has been renovated and newly painted.

The room was nice. Two adequately comfortable queen beds, a large balony with non-matching chairs. Thermostat worked well and a/c was quiet. The ocean view was beautiful, and the waves sounded nice through the door. Older television with basic cable.

As someone said earlier, the breakfast is more like "breakfast snacks." They had an old fashioned coffee maker, pop tarts, and little debbie type breakfast foods laid out, first come first serve. That was about it. The rooms come with a full sized fridge, 2-burner stove and microwave though. There's a Publix about a mile down the road, but they're severely overpriced.

There was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom, but there was bar soap.

The beach was really nice, and not crowded. It wasn't within walking distance of "Daytona Beach", but you could see it down the road. About a 10-minute drive, though a pain to park.

I won't be going back, but have no real complaints.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an ocean-view room in advance.
2 Thank Tamara M
Stony Plain, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Every once in a while you find a business where their people really get it, how to serve so well that their customers become their best advertisers. The Emerald Shores Hotel staff were wonderful and seemed to actually enjoy working there. We booked there kind of last minute through a site after doing a Google search for beachfront hotels in Daytona Beach. We wanted two nights on a Thursday and Friday and we wanted oceanfront. There was an oceanfront room available for Thursday but not Friday. We booked that room and had to book a riverview room for Friday which meant we would have to move half way through our stay, but we thought that was better than not having an oceanview room for both nights. When we checked in the manager was the one who was dealing with us. When he realized we were booked into seperate room types for the two nights he went into his reservations on his computer and figured out how he could give us an oceanfront room for both nights so we wouldn't have to move and we could enjoy the incredible view for our whole stay.This was really going above and beyond because we didn't even ask him to do this, he just did it. Thank you Bradley! The beach in front of the hotel wasn't ever crowded and the pool and hottub area were kept really clean, I even saw the groundskeeper checking chlorine levels on both days to make sure the water was safe to swim in. The coffee was good, we skipped the pastries and had bought a few groceries so we could have breakfast in our room. Overall the value we got for our money was incredible, so what if the continental breakfast is some bought pastries from the local grocery store. If you don't like those, don't eat them. We will go back to Emerald Shores and bring our kids next time.

1 Thank Corey M
Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I checked in to this hotel late after a long day, the room and bathroom were pretty clean. It was when I turned down the bed I got a shock, I found numerous hairs in the bed and the sheets appeared unchanged. I informed the front desk clerk and he changed them for me. Upon check out when asked how everything was I told the lady at the desk about it and she acted as if I were lying. She got a little hateful with me and told me it wasn't uncommon to find a couple hairs that fall from the maid. I then informed her it was way more than a couple. The sign out front says newest cleanest rooms on beach, after seeing this I am not sure I agree.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo