“Peaceful and Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Dayton,ohio
“Peaceful and Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

What a grand stay we had. The staff and it's guest were so friendly,and helpful.The room was five star from clean to remarkable color picks on the walls,that just set the room for the best stay ever.You couldn't ask for more ! :) Big Thanks 2 U
The view over the city is just as great as the ocean side....

Stayed June 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Madison, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

One of the nicer hotels near Daytona Beach. I definitely recommend staying in Daytona Shores rather than picking a hotel near Daytona Beach and the pier. The reason why is because The Shores hotels seem to be newer and therefore cleaner plus the beaches are so much nicer. It is a short drive straight up Atlantic Av to get to Daytona Beach (less than 10 mins.) The beach outside Emerald Shores was amazing. The sand was like talcum powder and it was so clean and quiet. Many times we were the only people on the beach.
The hotel is a newer hotel, I think it was built in 2004. Upon checking in everything was very nice and clean. The bathroom was spacious. The room had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable and the sheets were white and of a higher thread count. The TV had all the channels that I am used to at home. The room included a microwave and a minifridge, both were brand new. There was a sitting area with 2 chairs and a table. The hotel supplies you with soap, shampoo and conditioner from Bath & Body Works. We were on the 3rd floor and the view was excellent. The pool was heated and clean and the hot tub was nice as well. I loved that they allowed you to use the pool after dusk, most hotels won't. The staff was friendly and housekeeping was acceptable.The only thing that disturbed me was that when the lady came to make the beds she didn't bring new sheets she just remade the beds even if the sheets needed to be changed. The price of this room was $109.00 a night which I thought was pricey considering it was just a normal hotel room with 2 beds. If I was comparing it to other hotels I'd say is was more like a $79.00-$89.00 room. Please note that there are no laundry facilities and it costs .50 cents for each local phone call. Both of those things would have been nice to know ahead of time.

• Liked — The pool and beach access
  • Disliked — No laundry facilities
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel1919
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

My husband & I are from Missouri and we drove into Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run over Thanksgiving. We walked into almost every hotel on the strip and Emerald Shores was the cleanest and most reasonable. We highly recommend this hotel and we ourselves, plan on returning next year. As long as they stay reasonably priced we will stay with them again. I can say that the other hotels in the area were price gouging becasue of the Turkey Rod Run, but not Emerald Shores. We got a great Ocean front room for a great price. Thank You Emerald for your integrity, honesty, and professionalism.

• Liked — Price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — There was not anything we did not like.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2008

My Husband and I have stayed here many times since it opened. This past experience has made us think about changing hotels when we return in 3 months. The Hot tube was down the whole time (computer problem!) We come for the cold here in Boston and we were looking foward to the hot tube. The sheets on our bed were too small and there was no matress cover on the bed.The bathroom had hair on the floor that was not OURS!! and the rug needed to be cleaned. The people were nice but I'm sure can find nice people at another hotel not far from there..sorry
chances are we will not stay again..

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mia04
Jamestown, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2007

We had a wonderful time at The Emerald Shores! From the general manager through the entire staff, everyone was very friendly and professional. Our room was clean upon arrival and was maitained thoughout our stay. We would highly recommend this hotel as it is on the quiet end of the shores. We will return next fall!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Emerald Shores from July 2nd through July 9th and loved it! We were on our honeymoon and wanted to spend time on the beach. The oceanfront efficiency was great with two queen beds and a kitchen. The view of the ocean was amazing. It is at the quiet end of Daytona Beach Shores so the beach was not crowded at all. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We decided to stay an extra night after the Pepsi 400 and they gave us a very good deal on the room for an extra day. We will definitely stay at the Emerald Shores whenever we are in Daytona again!

• Liked — Location Location Location!
  • Disliked — No restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

My mom and I are frequent visitors to the Daytona Beach Shores area. We generally stay at another hotel but decided to try the Emerald Shores because it was new.

When I made my reservations I requested a room on the second floor as my elderly mother cannot ride elevators ( she was trapped in one many years ago) Upon our arrival I was told that they booked the first 4 floors with a family reunion. I explained that I had made my request months earlier and confirmed it 2 days before my arrival. I was told well we need the keep the family members together so all I have for you is a room on the fourth floor or above. I took it BUT It was very difficult for my mom.

The hotel is new but poorly maintained. Bad smells in hallways and cheap decor in the rooms. We were on the 4th floor and could still hear people partying in the hot tub at 1:00 am in the morning. The balconies are lovely and the View spectacular! However because they are concrete and cave like you can hear people talking on the other balconies when your out on yours!
Room was dirty and never cleaned well. We had someone else's hair in our room and on our bathroom floor for our ENTIRE 5 day stay even though I complained daily. Tub drained so SLOWLY ! One morning NO CLEANING was done. when I spoke to the desk at 11:00 Am they said that we were still in our room when the girl came around.... And now she was gone for the day ... she then stated that " most of our guests don't want their room cleaned everyday"

Stay away from this place ! If you have a old favorite hotel in the area just go there. Make sure you look at my photos of this hotel for proof of the filth we encountered !

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff and Dirtyness
  • Stayed August 2006