I traveled to Daytona Beach with a friend earlier this month and we chose the Emerald Shores Hotel as our destination. Saw the pictures online and made reservations. The front desk receptionist that was working that night (Rose) greeted us by name. I guess she knew who we were because of our very late arrival time. She was very informative and really sweet. The pool is always open, so is the hot tub. Plenty of space to walk about. The pool is kind of small, but deep. There's even a water hose provided to spray off the sand when you come back from the beach. Game room appeared to be nice. We stayed on the 5th floor, our room just happened to have a view of the drive-thru/drop off roof thing, it was kind of odd to look at but didn't bother us -- could have had an oceanfront room for a little more money, but we were on a budget. Rooms are actually really large, up to date. Digital thermostat and the air conditioner even has a motion detector, so it turns the air on or off depending if there's occupants in the room. Great if you come in from the water wet and don't want to freeze your butt off, and good energy conservation. Bathroom was absolutely spotless and a fun color. Shower was powerful and very hot, although the cold setting was the hot and vice versa. Oh well, big deal. Parking lot was full to the rim, the lot seems kind of small for the amount of rooms available, though we didn't have any issue finding spots. I'm sure we were lucky and got one of the last ones. For the hotel to be so crowded, it was very quiet, even during the day. Decided it was time for Steak and Shake at 3am, Rose directed us to the nearest one. She also offered extra towels for the pool in case we needed them. We were treated like family basically. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning the room when we were on the beach. Continental breakfast wasn't available when I walked down to the lobby at 8:30 the next morning, but who cares, there's an IHOP down the street. Along with Publix and Walgreens and anything else you need. . The beach is very nice, however watch out for cars and stumble into a wooden speed limit sign in the middle of the dark like I did. This hotel was built in 2004 and it appears to have been well cared for since. I'd come back any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Emerald Shores is Daytona’s newest oceanfront hotel. The resort features 84 guest rooms including efficiencies, connecting rooms and a Penthouse suite. Start your sunny beach day with our complimentary Continental Breakfast served every morning from 7am to 9am. Bask in the sun, or step off our pool deck to sink your toes into our white sandy beach. The pool is heated seasonally. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Emerald Shores Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Shores Daytona Beach
- Hotel Emerald Shores
- Emerald Shores Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida