I checked in to the wydham on sat march 26 and had the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. We arrived at 5PM well after the 4PM check in time and did not get into our room until past 6:30PM. We were wating in line for over 1 1/2 hours. There were only 2 desk clerks working and they each seemed to be having "problems" as each guest took them an inordinate amount of time to get checked in. The really upsetting part was: there were 3 people at the concierge desk doing nothing-no one came and explained why it was taking so long or what the hold up was, none of them were helping the desk clerks with check in, no one came and offered us a free drink or breakfast for taking so much time away from our vacation...nothing. They could not have cared less. And since every room was prepaid, no one could walk away and stay at another hotel and the manangement of this resort clearly knew that.
Additionally, the toilet clogged the first time we used it right after arriving in the room. We learned later that part of the check in issues were plumbing problems with rooms. Although we called the desk immediately and several times that evening and the next day, no one came to fix the toilet until sunday afternoon! We had to keep going down to the lobby to use the public bathroom there. I would have expected not to even be charged for this catastrophic first day, but the hotel already had our money and no one would care enough to even offer a refund. The attitude is...we're in Daytona and we'll get filled up no matter what so who cares?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach, Florida