I thought this resort was very nice. You can’t beat the location! It is on a wonderful strip of beach that cars are not allowed on, which was very nice. It is right next door to Bubba Gumps, Starbucks, a movie theater and other great restaurants and shops. It seemed like a slower time of year, so there were repairs being done on the larger pool and the water slide. This was not a big deal to us because we came to the beach to actually lie on the beach…not next to the pool. The other pools were very nice though. We came mid week, so if you wanted a chair, there were plenty to choose from. Once Saturday came, it did get a bit more crowded. Don’t try to go down early and put your towels down to save chairs. There is someone walking around monitoring the pool deck and they will move your towel if it looks like nobody is there. They do require you to have a band on you to be by the pool. You can put it on your beach bag if you want.
The 2 bedroom condo was very nice and clean. We were on the 18th floor, so the view was wonderful. It had everything we needed for our 4 day stay. The beds were nice and comfortable. If you run out of towels, you need to wash them yourself. The hotel staff was very friendly at check in, during our stay and at check out.
The design of the hotel is somewhat “art deco”. It kind of reminded me of the 80’s, but it was nice and not overly done. There is only 1 parking spot to for each condo, so if you have more than one family going, the others will have to park across the street.
This resort is right on the ocean, so people should keep in mind that wind, sand and salt can be damaging to paint and what not. There was always a maintenance person working on something when we were walking around. Security was present as well.
It was a very nice stay and I would definitely go back to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach, Florida