“Had a great time!”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I thought this resort was very nice. You can’t beat the location! It is on a wonderful strip of beach that cars are not allowed on, which was very nice. It is right next door to Bubba Gumps, Starbucks, a movie theater and other great restaurants and shops. It seemed like a slower time of year, so there were repairs being done on the larger pool and the water slide. This was not a big deal to us because we came to the beach to actually lie on the beach…not next to the pool. The other pools were very nice though. We came mid week, so if you wanted a chair, there were plenty to choose from. Once Saturday came, it did get a bit more crowded. Don’t try to go down early and put your towels down to save chairs. There is someone walking around monitoring the pool deck and they will move your towel if it looks like nobody is there. They do require you to have a band on you to be by the pool. You can put it on your beach bag if you want.
The 2 bedroom condo was very nice and clean. We were on the 18th floor, so the view was wonderful. It had everything we needed for our 4 day stay. The beds were nice and comfortable. If you run out of towels, you need to wash them yourself. The hotel staff was very friendly at check in, during our stay and at check out.
The design of the hotel is somewhat “art deco”. It kind of reminded me of the 80’s, but it was nice and not overly done. There is only 1 parking spot to for each condo, so if you have more than one family going, the others will have to park across the street.
This resort is right on the ocean, so people should keep in mind that wind, sand and salt can be damaging to paint and what not. There was always a maintenance person working on something when we were walking around. Security was present as well.
It was a very nice stay and I would definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank deride
Write a ReviewReviews (2,257)

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Had a wonderful time meet some really nice people very friendly atmosphere,convienient to the ocean walk and dining areas.Enjoyed the beach,just loved the lazy river,and the out door bar ,for food and drinks.Will definitely stay there again in the near future,would love to stay longer.

Room Tip: Very attractive convienient,loved the lazy river
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy c
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed at this resort September 2010. We booked the 1bedroom suite. The room was pretty large. It had a small living area with a kitchenette and a separate bedroom. The bathroom did not have a whirlpool tub but that's ok.The room was super clean! I was a little disappointed that the room did not have a view, but if you request a room in the upper floors you may get lucky and have a view of the city.

The location can't be beat. The resort is right on the ocean so if you book a larger unit you could get an ocean view. The pool at the resort was great! They have an adult pool, a kiddie play area and a lazy river. Awesome if you're traveling with little ones. The staff was very friendly. Overall, it was great experience. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request upper level rooms for a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Okay, I could nit pick, and comment about the mold in the tub area, shower door that did not close properly, the coldness of some staff, and the fact that the lamps did not work in the bedroom - but the overall stay was delightful. The bed, by far, the most comfortable one ever! Stayed in a one bedroom suite and could not have expected any better. We would really like to come back next year for a family reunion and try out the 3 bedroom suites.

Room Tip: Higher up is probably better. The sound of presser washing the pool area each morning can be a distr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Our first experience at this resort was the security guard who seemed to be having a bad day and thought nothing of taking it out on us. Other than that, the staff was helpful and the location is great. We went to the timeshare meeting but our room was substandard with peeling wallpaper, dirty bathroom, water slide down for maintenance, and one of the hot tubs out of commission so why would we buy a vacation package to enjoy more of the same? One of the beds had a problem - meaning there was something biting us but just on one side (if that helps). There were a lot of disabled guests who told me this resort takes great care to accommodate them. To be fair, this resort used to be Fairfield so it's possible they will update it. I don't think it was worth the price with so many other resorts on the strip available.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front but make sure it has a balcony, some at this resort didn't.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RiAlli
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Five years ago my husband and I spent our wedding night here and so for our anniversary this year I surprised him with a family weekend here. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed the very spacious one bedroom. The bathroom shower was a little dingy but everything else was clean. Our washer machine did not work so we had engineers who came to our room for about 20 minutes (while we had company) to try and fix it but couldn't. They replaced it with a smaller older one. The pool are was the highlight of our trip, as the kids enjoyed the lazy river and slide. I noticed some of the tiling had come off around one of the pools which looked a little dangerous. Daytona beach gets very busy sometimes with tourists and events (I should know I live here) so after five years I thought the hotel was in great shape despite minor details. Look forward to coming here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I must say after reading the reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor, I was SO SCARED to stay here. But here was our experience:

We left NYC at about 9AM to miss hurricane Irene. The cab ride from the hotel was about 20 minutes and around $17. We checked in around 2PM but our room wasn't ready until 4PM (which is the check-in time anyway). The man who checked us in was very nice - I believe his name was Gary. He had asked if there was anything he could do for me and I said getting an ocean front room would be awesome and he found one available (the last 1 left). I was so appreciative about that!!! We hung out in the lobby which is the only place to get free wi-fi. The convenient store in the lobby was a bit pricey but very convenient (no pun intended). They offer coffee, breakfast (the breakfast burrito was DELICIOUS), lunch and dinner. They also sell toiletries, toys, liquor etc. (overpriced but I don't think I expected it not to be).

Our room was beautiful. I believe we were in 1412A. We live in a studio in NYC so our 1 bedroom which included a full kitchen and jacuzzi (!) was very comfortable and spacious. The view was great. I was so excited when we saw dolphins one morning! Breathtaking! Unfortunately I had gotten sick during the week so I spent a lot of time in the room so it was a good thing it was so spacious. The room also included a washer and dryer but we didn't use them.

We don't drive so being close to restaurants and bars were really important to us. Ocean Walk Shoppes (center) was actually attached to the hotel. Our first dinner and drinks were at Sloppy Joe's. It was nice - we took home a huge coconut souvenir cup. There's a movie theater, Quiznos, Ker's Winghouse, Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery, Bubba Gump Shrimp. Mai Tai Bar had great drinks. Ihop, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, Dominoes and Walgreens are all in walking distance. We shopped at Walgreens to stock the kitchen with some snacks but mostly we ate out. Expect lots of pizza flyers under your door from the pizzeria across the street - we ate their pizza and wings a few times. Pretty tasty.

As I said, I was sick so I didn't get to explore the hotel as much as I would've liked. But there were a few things that I did notice when I forced myself out of the room. The pool bar closes at 7pm which I feel is ridiculous. Mostly, because the lobby bar RARELY has a bartender available. I would def recommend the bucket of voodoo juice from the pool bar ($12 which includes the take-home bucket). I heard the food was great at the pool bar as well, but I didn't get a chance to try any. The pools looked really comfortable. I only got into the lazy river which was pretty relaxing.

The only thing that I have to say raised an eyebrow for us was security. The Ocean Walk hotel leads to the Ocean Walk Shoppes. There's a door on the 4th fl that will lead you to the shoppes. It doesn't require a key card to get back into that door which makes you think that public could be using that door to get into the hotel to use the pools. Although they gave us a wrist band to wear that supposedly was "mandatory" I didn't see everyone in the pool with one and neither did I see security questioning those people as to where their bands were.

I must say I am a timeshare owner so I booked this room through my time share (El Cid) which also books vacations through RCI which is what I used the points for. I don't know if that's why our room was so nice. We were asked to sit through a time share meeting which would've included a $100 gift card and free breakfast or lunch but we declined. They called once during the week and left I think 3 cards to remind us to come down for the meeting but we never responded so they didn't harass us.

I would DEF go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would try to get to the hotel early to get the best room. It's prob a first come, first serve...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple