“Disappointing.”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The location and setup of this resort is fantastic, and the rooms are great. However, I was immediately disappointed upon arrival to find out that even though I had already paid for the entire balance with my debit card, they wanted an additional $150 for hotel incidentals? Which wouldn't be credited back to my debit card card for up to 5 days??? Unfortunately, I was not made aware of that upon making reservations, nor was I informed that the main pool- the biggest pool with the slide- was drained and under construction! For the cost of the room, NOTHING is included! Even the coffee in the mornings cost $2 per cup. I was a little shocked at that. I've stayed at lesser hotels that provided a better experience due to better service. This hotel could be the best in Daytona easily if they would step it up in that department because they definitely have the most convenient location and best pool deck around.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank KennaRyde

Reviewed 4 October 2011

I thought this resort was very nice. You can’t beat the location! It is on a wonderful strip of beach that cars are not allowed on, which was very nice. It is right next door to Bubba Gumps, Starbucks, a movie theater and other great restaurants and shops. It seemed like a slower time of year, so there were repairs being done on the larger pool and the water slide. This was not a big deal to us because we came to the beach to actually lie on the beach…not next to the pool. The other pools were very nice though. We came mid week, so if you wanted a chair, there were plenty to choose from. Once Saturday came, it did get a bit more crowded. Don’t try to go down early and put your towels down to save chairs. There is someone walking around monitoring the pool deck and they will move your towel if it looks like nobody is there. They do require you to have a band on you to be by the pool. You can put it on your beach bag if you want.
The 2 bedroom condo was very nice and clean. We were on the 18th floor, so the view was wonderful. It had everything we needed for our 4 day stay. The beds were nice and comfortable. If you run out of towels, you need to wash them yourself. The hotel staff was very friendly at check in, during our stay and at check out.
The design of the hotel is somewhat “art deco”. It kind of reminded me of the 80’s, but it was nice and not overly done. There is only 1 parking spot to for each condo, so if you have more than one family going, the others will have to park across the street.
This resort is right on the ocean, so people should keep in mind that wind, sand and salt can be damaging to paint and what not. There was always a maintenance person working on something when we were walking around. Security was present as well.
It was a very nice stay and I would definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank deride
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Had a wonderful time meet some really nice people very friendly atmosphere,convienient to the ocean walk and dining areas.Enjoyed the beach,just loved the lazy river,and the out door bar ,for food and drinks.Will definitely stay there again in the near future,would love to stay longer.

Room Tip: Very attractive convienient,loved the lazy river
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy c
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed at this resort September 2010. We booked the 1bedroom suite. The room was pretty large. It had a small living area with a kitchenette and a separate bedroom. The bathroom did not have a whirlpool tub but that's ok.The room was super clean! I was a little disappointed that the room did not have a view, but if you request a room in the upper floors you may get lucky and have a view of the city.

The location can't be beat. The resort is right on the ocean so if you book a larger unit you could get an ocean view. The pool at the resort was great! They have an adult pool, a kiddie play area and a lazy river. Awesome if you're traveling with little ones. The staff was very friendly. Overall, it was great experience. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request upper level rooms for a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Okay, I could nit pick, and comment about the mold in the tub area, shower door that did not close properly, the coldness of some staff, and the fact that the lamps did not work in the bedroom - but the overall stay was delightful. The bed, by far, the most comfortable one ever! Stayed in a one bedroom suite and could not have expected any better. We would really like to come back next year for a family reunion and try out the 3 bedroom suites.

Room Tip: Higher up is probably better. The sound of presser washing the pool area each morning can be a distr...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Our first experience at this resort was the security guard who seemed to be having a bad day and thought nothing of taking it out on us. Other than that, the staff was helpful and the location is great. We went to the timeshare meeting but our room was substandard with peeling wallpaper, dirty bathroom, water slide down for maintenance, and one of the hot tubs out of commission so why would we buy a vacation package to enjoy more of the same? One of the beds had a problem - meaning there was something biting us but just on one side (if that helps). There were a lot of disabled guests who told me this resort takes great care to accommodate them. To be fair, this resort used to be Fairfield so it's possible they will update it. I don't think it was worth the price with so many other resorts on the strip available.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front but make sure it has a balcony, some at this resort didn't.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RiAlli
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Five years ago my husband and I spent our wedding night here and so for our anniversary this year I surprised him with a family weekend here. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed the very spacious one bedroom. The bathroom shower was a little dingy but everything else was clean. Our washer machine did not work so we had engineers who came to our room for about 20 minutes (while we had company) to try and fix it but couldn't. They replaced it with a smaller older one. The pool are was the highlight of our trip, as the kids enjoyed the lazy river and slide. I noticed some of the tiling had come off around one of the pools which looked a little dangerous. Daytona beach gets very busy sometimes with tourists and events (I should know I live here) so after five years I thought the hotel was in great shape despite minor details. Look forward to coming here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family