Dec 30-Jan 1, 2012
I have stayed at Daytona since my teens in the Daytona's Spring Break hay days! It went way down hill and has since been on somewhat of a rise over the last 5 or 10 years. That being said, it is still a bit on the rough side. This resort and the restaurants & shops attached to it make all of that much more tolerable. I would not put Daytona anywhere near the top of my choices though for a family vacation.
Because of the good security and facilites on site, we were looking forward to a nice relaxing 3 days of mid 70 degree weather by the pool and beach, enjoying the property. Well the weather held up and the staff were quite friendly. The room was not ready even minutes prior to 4pm, and in all fairness check-in was 4pm and we got our room at 4pm.
The 3 main pools out back were not what we expected. The two outer pools were maybe mid 70's, but nowhere near a pleasant temperature. The center pool which is the lazy river may have had ice cubes in it. I had stared at the photo of the lazy river several times prior to this trip and was very dissapointed it was not heated. The tiki bar (called something else) does not even open again until February! The beach was as great as always!
The room was a one bedroom which is what we booked. The bedroom portion was adjacent to the elevators and noisy. The bedroom window looked out to the hallway and elevator and had horizontal blinds with decorative side curtains that did not move. So at night, if you like a dark room and quiet, you will get neither. The flatscreen on the wall was comical. If I can figure out how I will post a picture of it. It must have been a 19"-20" or so. It looked more like a laptop mounted to the wall.
The main living room was spacious and had a very large flatscreen TV. The entire room was clean. It did not however smell clean or fresh in any way (more like the waffle house). The handle to the sliding glass door was broken off and laid with the remote controls like it belonged there. There was a full ktichen that we never used, but appeared to have whatever you neeeded.
The location has a large 3 story small mall of sorts with shops and restaurants adjacent and attached to it. Opposite the shop area was a Hilton that looked pretty nice. I know it used to be Adams Mark back in the day. I have not stayed at that facility (Hilton) but would look into it if I decide to return.
I would NOT stay at this resort again unless it were between the warmer months of maybe May - September and one heck of a bargain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach, Florida