“Very pleased with resort, and would choose it again for Daytona”
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Very pleased with resort, and would choose it again for Daytona”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We got a great deal on a 2br deluxe, purchased from timeshare owner. We stayed in 2032 in the north tower (T2) which I believe is the new tower. It appears that the south tower may be 'Ocean walk' while the north tower is 'wyndham vacation ownership'... and that may be why ratings vary so much. Rooms rented through Ocean walk are probably much smaller and older than the new rooms that are for timeshare owners.
That being said, check in was fast, we arrived late on a Sun. Plenty of parking for the north tower, elevators were always quick. I did get a decent amount of calls about the presentation, but I did say that my husband and I would discuss it, as they offer decent incentives for attending. The shower head was broken in the master bath and I saw it that first night, I called right away and she asked what time Id like someone to come in the morning. I said 9 and he arrived just a few minutes after.
In the 2br deluxe, this room was the size of an apartment, great tvs, 2 large bedrooms, full kitchen, laundry, excellent black out curtains, the whole bit. Master bath had a nice whirlpool tub, we had a great city and ocean view.
Heated outdoor pools, lazy river, golf, etc etc, right there on the beach.

Great stay, location is good, never heard any neighbors.

1 Thank Kelsey K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We are Wydnham owners and therefore stay at Wyndham resorts regularly. This one is definitely low of my list of places that we will return. Nice, yes. Roomy, yes (we had a three bedroom). Clean, yes. Everything appears neat and clean.

The issue during the stay was the ability to sleep past 7am. The first morning we were awakened by loud Southern rock coming from the pool area. That afternoon when I spoke to the front desk about it, I was informed by a manager that there was a new pool deck company and that there had been several complaints about the music and that it would not happen again. The next morning, no music, but guest services called the room (trying to sell us more Wydnham points) at 8am and woke my children up. The third morning it was weed eaters at 6am, which turned to blowers at 7am. Morning number four was the blaring music from the pool again at 7am. I immediately called the front desk and asked that it be turned off: I was told that was not possible. After recounting the conversation that I had with the manager on day one, the desk staff stated he would check with security about turning it off. Amazingly, the music that could not be turned off, was turned off.

I am not at all pleased with this property.

1 Thank lwood3399
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed 10/6-10/13 in unit 625, a 3BR/2BA oceanfront unit. Every staff member I encountered was friendly, and the property was very clean. My unit was fully stocked, with 2 king sized beds, a queen sofa and 2 twins. Four TV's so everyone could watch what they wanted.
The poolside bar was opened, and beach chairs and bikes could be rented.
My 2 complains 1) The sofa had a noticeable stain. 2) The cmputer room for adults had 2 of the three computers were broken.
Otherwise, I'll be back!!!

Room Tip: 3BR units are all oceanfront
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mlwilson6853
Eagan
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We recently stayed here for a family vacation and absolutely loved it. Excellent location right on the beach and close to shopping and restaurants. Our room was spotless and included all of the comforts of home. We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe. The bedrooms were very spacious and separated by the living room/dining area. Beautifully decorated and comfortable. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. The pool area is great - two large outdoor pools and a lazy river - great for both the kids and adults. Plus it's right on the beach. They also have an indoor pool. game room and complimentary mini golf. And with full kitchens in the units, we had no reason to even leave the resort. The only problem is that they only allow free parking for one vehicle per unit. I will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the extra money.
2 Thank Shari O
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 14 October 2012

My family and I traded our timeshare in Orlando for a 2 bedroom handicap accessible unit for the week of Oct 7-14. We really needed a handicap roll-in shower because my adult daughter cannot walk or perform acts of daily living independently . I called the resort and RCI twice prior to our arrival to confirm our need for this type of unit and was informed that the request was on our reservation. Upon arrival there was not one available, and because we were not owners they could not accomodate our request. We managed by using a lawn chair and an empty gallon milk container filled with water in the shower, but would not have traded or stayed here if we had been informed that a roll in shower would not be available. I understand that we are not owners, but it sucks that did not inform us in advance....however,after check in, they were were quick to invite us to a breakfast or luncheon to purchase a timeshare!! Really??
The location is awesome and overall we had a nice vacation. We had a 2 bedroom waterfront and we lucky enough to watch the airshow from our balcony. The pools are lovely and well maintained and empty at night.
The furniture is hard and uncomfortable, but the bed was very comfortable and had nice down pillows. The unit was very clean, but in need of updating. We were in room 512a/b and the room must be connected to the restaurant vent because our room and the hallway outside our room always smelled like bacon, burgers, fish.....
We had no delays with the elevator, even on Friday and Saturday when the resort was filled due to the air show and a conference.

2 Thank miracleneeded
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Well, the location couldn't have been better. Literally on the beach, perfect for those long romantic walks. A short walk to Joes' Crabshack. Sadly, the room could have been much better. A sofa and two chairs too uncomfortable to sit on. They ask you to re-use the towels while you are there, which I'm happy to do, but there's no place to hang them up!!! Staff were just so-so. The previous tenant had locked the safe while it was still open, so it took two phone calls and finally a trip downstairs to get someone to open it for us. The concierge girls were very friendly and helpful - can't say the same of the rest.

Room Tip: Be sure to ASK for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Susie62704
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 October 2012

WOW ! look out for the missing internet option. Yes, you heard it right, these rooms come without internet option unless you are a timeshare holder.

Make sure you ask for room service otherwise get ready to use the same dirty towels until you washer them yourself.

If you want coffee for the coffee machine you better ask for them before you go to sleep morning suck’s without coffee
You might want to bring upholstery cleaner if you like clean looking sofas

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view becarefull, they think looking into a hallway is view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Daytona Beach Regency
Daytona Beach Regency
#23 of 72 in Daytona Beach

Been to Wyndham Ocean Walk? Share your experiences!