“Beautiful resort, great amenities!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Beautiful resort, great amenities!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was scared to death to come here after reading the reviews. But I got an amazing deal through EBay for a week here and I came to see family so I tried it. I called before coming and requested a high floor and ocean view. I got ocean front on the highest floor and could not be more pleased with the room. I have a 2 bedroom deluxe in the south tower and it is beautiful. It is clean, enormous, and I feel tremendously safe with a 3 and 8 year old. I did check in around 3:30 and had no problems at all. Took approximately 20 minutes (but this is the off season). Everyone was super friendly, and the time share reps were not pushy. They told me they would call to see if I was interested in the free breakfast or lunch. We are already Wyndham owners,so didn't want to attend. NOTE: This is not a hotel, you will not get maid service everyday!! Instead you will get a massive condo with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, living room, and balcony. I personally would rather not worry about being out of my room so housekeeping can come in. It's so much easier with kids not to have to clean up their toys everyday!! Plus Wyndham provides detergent, dish soap, and everything else you need. If and when we run out, we go to the front desk and request more, never a problem. This hotel has a phenomenal pool area, my kids would rather stay and play in the pools than go to Disney!! Arcade room is great, and a $5 woman's pamper hour is pretty sweet too. I am here now and don't want the week to end. I highly recommend this resort, you will not be sorry. Oh, and parking garage, no problems. All week it's been half empty. Never had any issues at all. And staff is super friendly!! Thank you again Wyndham!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a better view!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your ocean front unit view and accommodations. It’s great to hear that your kids enjoyed the pool area. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My best friend traded some of her timeshare for a stay at the Ocean Walk. She brought three of us along and we stayed a long weekend for our annual "Girls Trip". We enjoyed the condo lifestyle. We flew Allegiant and were only able to bring small backpacks, so the in-room washer/dryer was well worth the absence of housekeeping. It was not missed at all. We also enjoyed the full kitchen and two full baths. Our room was clean & modern, and we had a nice balcony with seating...and a great view. The pool area was beautiful and clean, with the lazy river being our favorite. The hot tub was a nice size as well.

Our only complaint was that the front desk check-in was not friendly, bordering on rude, as well as the first towel attendant we came across. These were two of the first three people we had contact with, so we were starting to wonder about the staff, however everyone else was very friendly for the rest of the trip. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the in unit amenities and balcony view. We are sorry to hear about your check-in experience and can assure you we will address this to eliminate the issue for future guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was the third time I have stayed here and I cannot believe how bad it has become. I was planning a weekend vacation for myself and seven friends. I had actually talked the resort up to them, I had told them how nice and clean the place was and they decided to go with me on vacation. We paid $323.00 per night and was totally shocked at how run down the place has become. The room wasn't ready when promised, they were still cleaning it when we walked into the room. There was dust on everything, the jets in the Jacuzzi tub were covered with mold so we didn't even get to use it. The sofa bed was falling apart, the windows were so dirty you could hardly see out of them, the paint on the hand rail on the balcony came off and stuck to your skin when you leaned on it. I felt so embarrassed when I and my friends found so many things wrong. I don't know what went wrong with this resort but it has really gone downhill since my last visit and I would never recommend the place to anyone else

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank james a
Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with cleanliness and maintenance issues in your unit. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our resorts. Our goal is to have our resorts up to each guest’s standards and your feedback will help us to do so. We also apologize for your delay at check-in and will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed here with some friends while attending conference at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. The hotel is beautiful. Our room was clean, spacious and offered beautiful views of Daytona Beach. The location is great. We were able to park the car upon our arrival and walk to the Ocean Center as well as restaurants. I did not try to use internet so I cannot address that issue that other reviewers did. There was no housekeeping, but that was not a big deal to me. I can make my own bed and hang up my towels. There were ample towels for our 3 day stay any way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the spacious unit and beautiful view. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home with a kitchen and laundry. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain “hotel” amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We strive to provide this information for the guest through our website, pre-arrival letter and confirmation letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We hope you come back to visit.
Elkridge, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were placed here as part of a conference. Very disappointed in the facility as a hotel for such groups. No housekeeping service, no deadbolts on guestroom doors and no real restaurant. For the amount we were charged per night ($169) compared to the other conference attendees at the Hilton ($179) we were grossly overcharged!

This would make a good time-share facility, but stop selling your place as a hotel and part of conference blocks with the convention center!

2 Thank Brian S
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home with a kitchen and laundry. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain “hotel” amenities such as daily housekeeping and concierge do not exist. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website, pre-arrival letter and confirmation letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We appreciate the information regarding the restaurant and lock features on the unit doors as we are always looking for ways to improve. We are sorry for your experience and greatly value your feedback.
Pitts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at the convention center and I only stayed at this hotel because the host hotel was full. I realize that each unit is individually owned, however none of the units had internet access and guests had to move to the lobby to get a signal, which was very disappointing. The unit seemed just blah and dreary. In fact my shower curtain had mildew on it and I had to ask twice to have that and some light bulbs replaced. When I asked if there was maid service because I needed additional towels, I was told I could wash them myself in the unit. Again disappointing. The fact that you had to provide a deposit for the pool towels was ridiculous, again Hilton provided them free of charge.

On the plus side the breakfast that I had in the cafeteria style restaurant area was very good. It wold have been nice to have a few more restaurant choices.

Upon checkout, I wanted to pay with a different credit card than I checked in with and was told I couldn't do that. I asked if the original card could be credited and the other card be charged and I was told no.

1 Thank poolgirl66
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was here the last week of October 2013. Started out a little grossed out by the front desk agent who was sick and I assume her deep snorting was to keep ner nose from running. It probably would have been better to blow your nose as often as needed. (There was a lot of deep deep snorting.) She was nice enough and I was sick too during my stay for this conference, so I do understood her "pain" and I do feel a little bad saying this - but I would never have made that disgusting noise in front of a client. When I woke up my first morning there I started the shower to get the water warm. At least 15 minutes went by and it was still completely cold. I did not have time to deal with waiting for maintenance and not knowing if they would be able to make it a quick fix so I had to at least get started by washing my hair under this horribly cold water. Eventually I had to get in. Being sick made this experience even more miserable. By the time I was finishing the shower, it finally started getting a little warm. It took more than 25 minutes! I did call the hotel from the conference and explained what happened. They said maintenance would fix it. I know someone came to the room while I was out because they did bring me the blankets I requested. Also when I returned to the hotel late that evening there was a voice message from the staff saying they just wanted to make sure my issues were addressed. The next morning, it was cold water again! At least this time I knew it would eventually get warm. 27 minutes later it was finally warm enough to get in. By the way - the shower never got hot, but at least it eventually got comfortable. I stopped at the front desk on my way to the convention center to tell them it was still a problem. They said they would make sure maintenace took care of this. The third morning I had to catch an early flight. The cab was picking me up at 5:30am. Low and behold, cold water again. I told the front desk agents about this again when I checked out. I confirmed that I informed their staff of this problem every day and it continued to be a problem every single day. I did get a "sorry", but I'm not convinced it was sincere. There was no offer to do anything for me either. It would have been nice to be offered a bottle of water or cup of coffee for the ride to the airport.

Side note, I inquired about transportation to the airport the night before from the front desk. They were way off on the cost. Thank you for scheduling my cab to pick me up, but you should know the cost to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid 501B if you plan to stay at this hotel. Otherwise, check out the shower before you unpack.
2 Thank Dawn B
Hi Dawn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with water temperature issues. Our goal is to have our resorts up to each guest’s standards and your feedback will help us to do so. We also appreciate the information regarding transportation costs to the airport. We will be sure to share your review with our staff to ensure these are not issues for future guests. Thanks so much for reaching out.