“Great Stay”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My family and I are at Ocean Walk a week for the Christmas holiday. I must say that I had a great deal of apprehension prior to arrival due to several really negative reviews. We have two units, a two bedroom in the south tower and a three bedroom in the north tower. We are very pleased with the units that are very clean and nicely decorated. I have stayed in some twenty Wyndham resorts and can compare the units that we have here to the deluxe units that we have stayed in the other resorts. We have had the opportunity to spend time in both towers and the exercise room, lobby, and the pool. Again, very impressed.

The location is awesome. Both units are ocean front and the views were amazing. The close proximity to the ocean walk shops, restaurants, and the theatre is a definite plus. And if that does not meet your needs there are many other choices for shopping and dinning within a short walking distance of the resort.

My wife and I come down to central Florida every winter and stay several weeks. We usually stay at Bonnet Creek in Orlando. This year we could not book Bonnet during Christmas week, so we decided to try Ocean Walk. As it turned out, that was a godsend because I probably would not have discovered this "gem" otherwise. Now, we will without question be splitting our time with Bonnet!

Room Tip: Ocean front/ocean view are the most desirable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Hi Ty,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you chose to stay with us over the holidays. It’s great to hear you fully enjoyed our exercise room and the pool area. It sounds like you have a great view of the ocean from your unit. We wish you a very Happy Holiday. Again, thank you for reaching out and enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

997 - 1,003 of 2,245 reviews

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is great with a nice outdoor area for both children and adults. The beach is the best I have been on after traveling around the USA for many years. The only negative thing is that the sun disappears around the poolarea about 1.30 pm because of the tall building. Just outside hotell is Ocen Walk with Nice restaurants ++. I dont know if we had bad luck this time but we like to tell: When we arrived the boys in reseption did a great job. We har an ocean front suite. The rom was clean but the balcony was real dirty - did they ever wash the balcony? I dont think so. 2 of the lamps in the livingroom did not work. The kitchen has a dishwasher - does not work. First day I went down to reception and told them about the dishwasher. She said that they would send someone up and fix it. 3 days after - no one has been here.
I asked if we could have more towels - she told me to use the washmashine. I ask for toilettpaper since we didnt see any house keeping - she told me to go shopping ( but she give me paper).
I dont know if we have been lucky when we have stayed in other resort/hotel / private timeshare,
We also had a meeting with Wyndham Club timeshare. You have to decide at once and will not be able to find out if the deal is not so good. But the timeshare-salesman Marty was friendly and did a god job. We are planing to come back in April to Daytona Beach - Will it be Wyndham again?

Room Tip: Ocean front suite is nice because of view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad your kids enjoyed the outdoor area. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with some of the resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing a laundry area and a kitchen. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We apologize you had to spend even a second of your vacation dealing with maintenance issues in your unit and we will look to resolve these issues to avoid any future occurrences. We greatly value your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

this place was the best I was scared at first because of the bad reviews but I decided to try it anyway And I was happy wonderful room with ocean view it was the best and me and my sister were very happy the only thing I had a problem with is the lobby people they are very rude and will not answer the phone the 4th time I tried calling to ask them something I had to walk down there and they were rude to me other then that great stay.

1  Thank addie m
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi Addie,

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your unit and ocean view. We are disappointed to hear that you were not provided the Count on Me service we take pride in. Please know we will review these concerns to ensure this is addressed. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were so lucky with the weather.... Several of the days were Sunny, Hot( in the high 70's) and the waves were rolling. The beach was the best! The rooms are spacious... and we cooked most our meals in... Everything you could need to cook with was supplied! Staff was friendly. Security was everywhere so you felt safe .. Pools were CLEAN....Everything in the resort was clean and functioning.. I would go back ..

Room Tip: Any room that you can have a view of the ocean is great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback including some tips for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed the unit amenities and pool area. We look forward to your next visit. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Checked in 11/17/2013, Checked out 11/22.2013.

Excellent property! My family of 4 (2 teens) rented a 1 bedroom deluxe. The couch in the living room made out into a queen sleeper. The bedroom had a king bed. We had a jacuzzi tub built for 2 and our own dual sinks and mirror with a slide door into the bathroom with a shower and a counter with 1 sink. A very nice kitchenette and balcony. It was a very nice one bedroom apartment. The king bed linens were high thread count and the bed itself was great!

Our balcony overlooked the top parking deck and the City versus the Ocean or Pool area. We were happy with the City view because it allowed us to watch the bridge open and close allowing boats to pass through. We could see the bay and all the City lights. It was a very windy week and the Ocean was rough so I would have to believe the wind would have been rough on an Ocean side balcony. Each morning the pigeons begged for crumbs as we drank coffee on our balcony. We fed them and enjoyed doing so. They were very plump little birds and tame.

The 2 outside pools were heated and each pool had an adjacent hot tub jacuzzi. One of the pools had a slide and was more for families with children. The other heated pool and hot tub jacuzzi seemed to attract more adults. Both pools were handicapped accessible and we saw folks in wheel chairs use the special chairs to get in and out of the pool. There is an indoor pool with a more private jacuzzi just outside the indoor pool doors we didn't discover until the last few days at the resort.

They have a small lazy river that is not heated, though my teens enjoyed it, I was not getting into cold water.

The work out room was very nice, not that I worked out. There is a daily activities schedule oriented to youth and adults. Each activity had a small materials fee of $5 or $10 fee. Tye dye t-shirts, sand art, jewelry making, ice cream sundaes, bingo, Texas Hold'um, etc... There was a nice computer room with a printer and a play room that had daycare oriented toys for smaller children to be entertained. All theses areas were glass rooms so you could see inside and outside.

The staff was very friendly. We went to the orientation and they had door prizes. We won a buy one get one parasailing and buy one get one mini golf and go cart rides. It worked out great because I have 2 teenagers and each got to do an activity and I only paid for one. There are lots of activities in the area and coupons are with the concierge who was happy to help find things of interest to you and provide those coupons.

We needed more towels and another blanket and it was delivered by housekeeping within 15 minutes of our call.

If you are staying at the resort you only need to show the movie theater attached to the resort your room key and all movie show times are at matinee prices ($6), We had a rainy day and went to see ~Catching Fire~ the night it opened to the public for about half price. That was a nice perk. The other shops were mostly touristy shops with t-shirts, trinkets, etc... Bubba Gump Shrimp and Pizza Place that were pricey for my tastes.

We did enjoy the boardwalk and there is a small carnival with rides within a short walk to enjoy. My teens had just attended the North Florida Fair and weren't interested in going. The rides were certainly colorful and pretty to watch at night.

The Concierge told me that Bike Week, Nascar Events, and Spring Break were incredibly crowded and gave me the impression I might want to find other cities to vacation during those time frames.

You can drive on the beach for $3 to $5 depending on the time of day. We did it and now we can say we drove on the beach.

Our big meal splurge meal was at Joe's Crab Shack for Steamer Buckets...very good food for a chain and since they are located at the end of a Pier, you can enjoy the walk.

They have Publix and Winn Dixie near by to shop so we ate most meals in our condo. There is a cute old style Diner across the street decently priced and an IHOP/Denny's not far away.

The shops down town touristy areas were cute to check out. We did go to the big Harley Davidson shop and enjoyed that novelty too.

I suggest you try and park on the lower levels of the parking lot because it goes up 12 flights and we parked on the top deck so we could see our vehicle. The right up and down can make you dizzy. On check out day, go ahead and grab a luggage cart when you wake up. When we got packed and went down for one at 9:30am...none were to be had. We got one at 10:15am and were packing it when housekeeping came in to scoot us out. So housekeeping is prompt about the 10am check out.

I will definitely plan to stay here again!

Room Tip: If you don't like street noise while sitting on the balcony, you don't want a City Side balc...
2  Thank tonijoye
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some great tips and suggestions for future guests. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your unit accommodations and your view of the bay and city lights. It’s great that your kids enjoyed the pool area as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We loved the place!! Spacious, clean and super comfy beds! Get the ocean view it is breathtaking! Great location connects to shops, restaurants and movie theater. Price was great during the Thanksgiving week so we will be coming back same time next year if not sooner. Be sure to see St Augustine if you are here during the holidays. They deck the place out with Christmas lights, it is only about an hour away and it is gorgeous!!

Room Tip: Get the ocean front view and must see St Augustine well worth it and a very historical site.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the unit space and comfortable beds during your Thanksgiving vacation. It sounds like you had an amazing view from your unit. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms were very large. Your room either faces the Atlantic Ocean or A1A and riverfront.
Resort is connected to Movie theater and shopping are. The Convention Center is one block away and Main Street, where most Bike Week event are held is only two blocks away.
There is an indoor pool and large lazy river outside. The beach has a direct sidewalk over to pier and amusement area.

• Stayed: November 2013
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hi Tina,

Thank you for providing this feedback along with some area activity suggestions for future guests. We are glad you enjoyed the resort amenities available. We look forward to your next visit.