“Loved this place”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Upon check-in I had to wait in line for an hour, they did have 6 people working check-in but I think I got there at the same time as everyone else. There was a few times that my card had to be re-keyed but overall my 7 day 6 night stay was fabulous. The rooms were extremely nice, and the kitchen supplies were more than we needed. We did not opt for maid service, so keep in mind that you will be responsible for washing your own towels. Every staff member we encoutered whether it be in the lobby or on the elevator was very friendly. I highly recommend this resort, especially for children.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront, you won't be disappointed.
1  Thank A S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,256)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The rooms are completely equipped for a weeks stay or longer. Location is excellent. Rooms were immaculate. Staff was very helpful. Supplies in the room were of excellent quality. Hope to stay there again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I toured the oceanwalk last year and considered becoming an owner. We loved the place and thought it would be a great investment for our family. We met another owner in our hometown and he rented us a weeks stay for a great deal, so we took the opportunity to try the place out. Long story short, this place was a family of small childrens nightmare! It is not the family friendly fun atmosphere that was advertised during the tour. We got the impression that unless you were planing on buying ownership, you were treated second class. The rooms we were shown on the tour were more modernized than the rooms we were given. When we checked in (which took nearly and hour) they were out of pool armbands, we had no bath towels, wifi wouldnt connect, our dryer and ice maker were broke, the key entry was broke, there were hairs coming out of the jacuzzi tub which was poorly cleaned.... Not what I would expect from the wyndham family chain. The pools weren't heated as advertised (or else the water was extremely low). If you wanted a pool chair, you had better come mark your territory by 8:00 (despite the rule that you can't save chairs). The bartenders weren't checking IDs and the high school spring breakers took advantage of that. My friend and I were going up with our kids and beach gear. We had full hands and had been waiting for the elevator. When the doors opened, a tour guide came from no where and jumped on with his group, and left without us.... Again, second class unless you are buying!!! We cancelled our second tour the minute we got to the room because of this. We were also told that you could only stay here if you were or knew an owner, but that isn't true because most guests were there on a per diem rate of $320/night for a 2 bedroom for the week we were there. My advice for families: for that rate, drive 8miles down A1A to Ponce Inlet and enjoy a nice quiet private beach condo and don't worry about the crowds and beach vehicles!!! The best part about this place was the location, you can walk almost anywhere. I scored this place as a 3 only because I know other people don't mind crowds and expect the best service. Though I will probably never be back because I prefer a more laid back atmosphere, it wasnt a horrible place. Just needs a little more effort.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank JoMo413
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed last few days of February between race week and bike week when it wasn't real busy.
We stayed in a 3 Br condo on the 25th floor in the north tower which was privately managed by Cindy G who also looks after a couple of other units. The unit was clean and had a terrific view.
I think the complex was once a luxury resort, but is starting to show its age and could use a little freshing up.I feel for the price I expect a little more than they provide.
The only complaint I had has nothing to do with the resort but with Cindy who had promised a second parking permit for two of our nights but conveniently forgot until I forwarded my email
spelling out our agreement. Her response was to completely ignor me. No problem lesson learned. You would be better off dealing directly with Wyndam.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cgervai
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Check in continues to be real issue with this property - with virtually all their turnover happening on Sunday. Our unit was ready at 4 pm but many were not. My real shock was that there is no wi-fi in units that are in the rental pool. It is unbelievable to me that the don't see wi-fi as a standard must have to be in the rental pool. Their response is - "we don't control what the owners do". Yes, you do, by setting standards of what it takes to be in the rental pool like most places do.
Our unit was adequate but very dated with very minimum of supplies. No wine opener? That is serious. Also, there is not enough elevators for the number of units. Even the staff complain. Be prepared to wait.
Nice gym, but no towels (yuck).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dudley2000
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Hi Dudley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We know the lack of Wi-Fi in all areas of our resort is not ideal. We are working to improve this feature throughout our entire resort; however this may take some time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. In regards to guest check-ins, please rest assured that we will be making changes to ensure we get our guests into their units on time to start their vacation. We value your feedback as this helps us to improve in many ways.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This building itself is is very nice. The pools are great, the elveators are pretty fast considering the demand. We stayed in 1306 and it was immaculate! Perfect view!

Once you get here you can park the car and just walk everywhere. (PARKING) you can park on any floor and then take the elavators up to your floor.) On the boardwalk and next door to ocen walk restuarants. So much for the kids to do even indoor activies and indoor pool in case the weather is not great or you get too much sun. Free Wi-Fi.

Only thing you have to remember is that there are A LOT of people here in these buildings so the pool gets super crowded! People try to reserve the chairs with towels, so ther eare not many open, ever. Security does take them eventually if they are there too long. We mostly just went to the beach anyway. But the kids ran back and forth all day. FYI-kids under 12 not allowed in the hot tub with out an adult and no drinks in the hot tub. The provide pool/beach towels.

They say no alcohle on the beach but work coozies are fine. Not all rooms are ocean front.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Horrible service. Took forever to check in, they couldn't find out reservations. Made me come down in the middle of the night to put down a credit card for a room I had already put on my credit card twice before. Threatened to kick my 19 year old brother out of his room at 1am if I didn't bring down the credit card immediately. We were in town for my grandfather's funeral, which didn't seem to matter to anyone. I will NEVER be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tayllor S
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi Tayllor,

We are so sorry to hear about your check-in experience. We realize the check-in experience sets the tone for your vacation and should be welcoming. Please note in regards to security deposits, we do require a deposit for each unit being occupied by a guest to cover any potential incidental fees. This is returned if no incidental charges are assessed. We apologize for any confusion and will certainly work with our staff to ensure our check-in procedures are clear to all guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.