“Stay away”

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #21 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place has no wi-fi in hotel rooms. Actually it does but the front desk refuses to provide a password unless you are a time share owner. The management of the place needs to realize that nowadays people do need internet access at all times. Even if they not owners.
That being said, the internet issue wasn't the only one. Upon check-in we asked for help with our luggage, and, after a 30 minute wait they said that everybody's at the bell desk is gone for the day. So we had to ask for a cart to carry our stuff to our room which they could only give us if we leave an ID at some office in a lobby, which was closed by the time I brought that cart back there, so I had to go back to the front desk to get my id back. Which is ok, except this way of treating hotel guests has nothing to do with my understanding of how it suppose to be done.
And finally. The room we had got no windows. It did have two openings in walls covered with glass with a view of a hallway. Sorry, Ocean Walk, but those are not windows. A window suppose to have a view of the outside.
My conclusion - we will never come back to this hotel!!!
We've had much better experience in other hotels in Daytona Beach which we love!!!

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Nikolay S
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Nikolay,

We apologize for any frustrations regarding your stay at our resort. Please note the rental units do not currently have Wi-Fi, however we do offer Wi-Fi in the lobby areas and the computer room. In regards to the bell hop concerns we have notified management to ensure there are no issues with this in the future. Based on your unit description it appears you were booked in a one bedroom suite. Please note these do not have a balcony or deck. The one bedroom suite units will be different from other units in regards to layout. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just returned from a one week stay at this resort. The resort location is fabulous and you cannot beat the views. The amenities are nice but the indoor pools are VERY cold and the outdoor pools are heated but should be about 10 degrees warmer to be totally enjoyable. The staff was very friendly but the resort looks as though it needs some overall maintenance. The pool has tiles falling off and all throughout the resort their are little signs of wear and tear that are not being fixed. There were not a lot of activities which was fine for me as I was looking for sun and relaxation on the beach. The location is great with easy access to the Ocean Walk stores and restaurants. I had a great time and cannot complain about much. I am just concerned that if the little things are not addressed this property will be in bad shape in a few years.
We rented from a private owner and had a Saturday check in. The reviews had me worried about trouble checking in but it was a total breeze and everyone was very friendly and helpful. There is no in room maid service but I prefer to not have it anyway so this was not a problem for me. If you are looking for a fancy full service resort this is not the place. It is a middle of the road comfortable and relaxing resort. Just what I needed.

Room Tip: Get an ocean side room and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went with our friends for the week. 12th floor, 2 bedroom. Looking straight out the patio you saw the next resort. However go out on the balcony to see the beach and ocean to the right and Daytona Beach and Fairfax river to the left. Yes, the first two days, Saturday and Sunday, the elevators do take forever. However guests must realize that is the biggest check in, check out days. During the week that wasn't a problem. Very family friendly with pools for kids as well as adults and activities galore! Walking the boardwalk and beach was fantastic! I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Any room over the 12th floor should have great views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Timeshare! No maid service. Needs cleaning and updating. Was willing to loose my first night deposit to move to another hotel but couldn't find availability. Stained and falling off the rod drapery. Stains on walls. Small double beds.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Jazzytutt
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing laundry and kitchen accommodations. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website, pre-arrival letter and confirmation letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. In regards to the drapery and wall stains we will alert our housekeeping staff to address. We are sorry for your experience and greatly value your feedback.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Took an hour to check in. Then they send you to another desk -and line- to get a parking pass for your car. No one to assist with luggage and rooms are so far away! Then to top it all off -it takes forever to get an elevator. Will never stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather54321

Hi Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We apologize for your delay at check-in. We know after a long day of traveling the last thing you want to do is wait to get into your room to relax. We also apologize for any frustrations regarding the distance from check-in to our unit locations. We do house quite a few units at our property and realize this may require a bit of walking. Please rest assured that we will be making changes to ensure we get our guests into their units on time to start their vacation. We will also be looking into options for helping our guests bring their luggage to their unit. Again, thanks for reaching out.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The location was wonderful and the room was great. Every time I dealt with the front desk, they were wonderful Garth was great at helping us with our luggage and letting my girls change into their swimming suits, since we arrived early. I read some reviews when people had problems. I found them to be working on that aspect, as I did not experience any of those problems. I would totally stay here again. Forget the negatives, things do happen that are not perfect, but I found the staff to be more than accommodating. I really like that there was a separate bedroom, kitchen and living room. This really is the perfect place to stay, trust me, I stayed with two teenage girls and they loved it. It was also great that they had a washer and dryer, as I brought my own beach towels. From what I gathered, you can rent towels which is convenient if you are coming from far away. They also have activities to participate in. The one thing I will say, it is hard to find a chair at the pool because people snag them up very early in the day. If you can get a chair on the side of the beach, you will have longer sun hours. As a side note, they have great security to make sure that everyone is following the rules (and we all know that vacation can bring out a wild side). This is a great place, and so convenient to so much. I have travelled around the world, and my girls and I, had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This resort is one of the best I've ever stayed in. The amenities are perfect, clean, and well appointed. The location could not be better. You can park your car for your entire stay. On the beach, right next to Ocean Walk restaurants and shops, and walking distance to the boadwalk and Main St pier. Everyone is anxious to help. My only negative is when they say checkin is 4pm, they mean it. ALL rooms become miraculously available at exactly 4pm. I have worked in the industry and have never seen that before. However, I will go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family