“Perfect resort for the family”
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #30 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Haven, Connecticut
“Perfect resort for the family”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The first thing we noticed was the location . This resort is in an excellent location as it's close to everything. The second thing we noticed was how friendly the staff was. Check-in was a breeze. Third, our unit was amazing . We rented a 1 bedroom unit. It was very clean, spacious, suitable for my family of 4 . We also loved the convenience of the in-room washer and dryer. The layout was perfect. Last but certainly not the least, There are lots of amenities for everyone to do on the resort like mini golf, 3 pools, lazy river, bar at the outdoor pools and that's just some of the things. Oh ... we absolutely love the beach !!! My family and I had a wonderful time at this resort. I will recommend this resort to everyone !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear reckonyze,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and providing us with the great review! We are very proud of our staff and their dedication to serve, and I will certainly share your comments with them. We are delighted you enjoyed the amenities and over the moon that you will recommend us to everyone. We look forward to your return visit. Oh, and bring everyone!

Kind Regards,

Assistant Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend 2012. Hotel was completely full but it didn't seem that way. Check in was slow but the resort is beautiful. They have two pools, two whirlpools, a lazy river, water slide and access to the beach. Parking could be an issue but the 'boardwalk' was right next door so we walked almost everywhere. Negatives: they catered to their "member-owners" and tried to get us to sit thru a sales pitch to buy into the time-share but didn't push it. Also, since this is a time-share resort, there was no housekeeping and you had to wash your towels to get clean ones. They will not swap out dirty towels for clean ones. There are washer/dryer in the condos. Also, the elevators were usually slow with so many people coming and going. Other negative: we stayed in a one-bedroom "interior view" which is NOT what we reserved. Since they supposedly gave us an upgrade from a studio for free, they would not swap rooms for us when we complained about the view. All of our windows faced the hallway/elevator lobby. We had no view of the outside whatsoever! To see even if it was raining, etc, we had to get dressed and walk down the hallway to a window. I would have rather had a studio with any view than have the constant elevator traffic right outside my bedroom window! Our friends stayed in a two-bedroom condo that was great with a wrap-around balcony. We would stay here again but would make sure to NOT get an interior view!!! I rated the resort average only because of the exact room we were in. Rating would be much higher if we could have gotten a better room. As far as I could tell, there were only about 10 rooms such as ours; the majority had much better views.

Room Tip: Watch out on interior view rooms. Most have an outside window across the hall; ours had a view of an...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kathleen G, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We apologize for any Inconveinences you encountered while visiting with us. Unfortunaately Memorial Weekend is historically a sold out weekend. This prevents us from any room moves. We offer 1 , 2 and 3 bedroom condos that have washer and driers in the unit so that you can not only wash your towels , but all of your clothes before you head back home. We cater to anyone that is visiting us as we are always in the hospitality business. May I suggest when booking your next stay with us please look for the terminology Ocean Front room. We have various room types and the rate will reflect that. I am glad that you will be coming back again and thank you so much for sharing your stay with us.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The resort is set in a perfect place for family, couples, friends, young adults. There is a lot to do around the area, movie theater, shopping, eating. There is a water park across the street and a small amusement park down the boardwalk. The beach is clean and pretty white sand. The cleaning staff is not up to usual standards (trash left in elevator lobby several days) and we had wet towels stuffed in a bathroom cabinet when we arrived but it was addressed and taken care of promptly. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. We would love to bring the grand kids next time.

Room Tip: Ask for side room on the south side so you can watch the slingshot and see the beach.
Green Features: They are very good about the environment, recycle bags, biodegradable detergents.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We offer a great location while enjoying spectacular ocean front views. I am glad that your concern in the room was handled in a timely manner. This is a very busy property and sometimes as we pick up trash it quicky gets backed up prior to our next rotation. I will look at doing more ratations on higher occupancy levels. I am thrilled that overall your stay was a memorable one. Thank you for sharing.
pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in the north tower, in three two bedroom units. The rooms were great. The view is fantastic. Staff at this resort are very friendly. This was our second trip to this resort and we will return. The location is great, right on the beach, close proximity to bars and restaurants. The resorts pools, gym and other amenities are well maintained. We would definitely recommend the Ocean Walk for a great vacation. Our favorite night spot is Ker's Winghouse located adjacent to the hotel. Good food, great service fun time.

Room Tip: Although the south tower was very nice during our previous trip the north tower is much newer and mo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
First I want to welcome you back to the resort. I am so glad that you had such a nice time again with us. We appreciate your feedback. We take all reviews very seriously and always share the comments with management. We offer one of the best locations in Daytona Beach. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Just consider us your home away from home.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well, I thought we had some nice beaches in Texas, but HA!!!!, Daytona Beach is awesome and this property sits center stage on it!!!! I had a 1 bedroom deluxe condo and it fit my needs for the 4 nights that I was there. It was a busy week, but I felt that the property handled the crowd with ease and that I got my money's worth. The interior of the condo was very nice, I was on the 18th floor, the view was just spectacular. I did use the kitchen, it was so nice to have the use of it to have a quick breakfast, late snack at night.

I went down the street approx 2 miles to the Publix grocery store, very nice and they had anything that a person could want. Not overly expensive as one might expect for a beach location, and I took back to the condo just simple things to snack on and drink when I needed something.

There were food trucks on the beach as well if you wanted nachos or a burger, soft drinks and items like that. Beach chairs and umbrellas could be rented, and the pool area at this property was very nice, a mixture of all types of visitors. I used the parking garage for the rental car, and felt safe there, even when loading the car at 2am so that I could get some rest and check out early. I left things in my car and had no concerns that they would be stolen or that I was unsafe while loading at that time of the night. Shops and restaurants across the street, everything was very handy and "user friendly."

I would return to this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad that your overall stay was a most memorable one. We offer many great amenities and of course a great location. We also believe we have one of the best beaches which is why it is called the" Worlds most famous Beach". Your response will be shared among our management staff. Your input helps others make a better informed decision on where to stay while visiting the Daytona Beach area.
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a vacation for two couples, sharing the expenses in a 2-bedroom 4th floor condo. It was beautiful. No issues at all. Check-in was a bit slow but the crowd was huge since it was Memorial Day weekend. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Michele J,

Thank you for taking the time to summarize your recent experience. We certainly acknowledge that holiday weekends bring quite a crowd, and are glad your stay met your expectations. We appreciate you choosing Wyndham Ocean Walk to spend your holiday weekend, and hope you return in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This condo property is beautiful outside 2 large pools(1 with slide) a lazy river and kids pool -2 hot tubs,indoor pools-eatery and outdoor/indoor bar. Rooms--clean -furnishing is not that great. Some furniture looked worn and cheap. Our bed sheet only covered 1/2 of the mattress on side.The resort had good security. Outside of resort is not a good area-lots of drunks/druggies/ etc very scary at the 7eleven down the street. The worse thing is the parking-with 2 parking garages-we still had to get a paper park across street and walk back -then go back and get car and then back to front desk to get your parking pass--not good. The oceanwalk shops next door are not that many 4 restaurants waited for over an hour for Bubba Gumps-- was nothing special. Tried to eat at the Hilton Steak house next door--wasn't open on Memorial day?? They did have live DJs at the pool and a band at night which was nice. And eventhough many put towels on pool chairs very early-- the pool patrol took ours off when we tried it while going to get breakfast. We have stayed on the gulf shore the past 2 years--probably go back there next time.

Room Tip: our room was fine--just nothing super---my advice--do not go out walking after dark or stop at any c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martha K
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Martha K,

Thank you for your candid review of the Resort and surrounding area. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed all aspects of your expectations, although I am happy to hear you enjoyed the resort amenities. Your bedding should not have been incorrect, and I am taking the necessary steps to follow up on this. As far as the parking, please accept my sincere apologies that you had to park across the street. There are just a few times per year when the local area reaches capacity with number of people, and Memorial Day weekend is one of them. We hope you took advantage of the convenient "sky bridge" from the garage to the property to avoid crossing a busy road. Lastly, we do enforce a policy which restricts reserving pool chairs with belongings. This policy is in place to ensure that availability of resort amenities remains consistent for all guests. Once again, thank you for your business and review, and we do hope you reconsider your next destination and allow us to host your next stay in Daytona Beach.