“Family had fun in Daytona Beach, great for all ages!”
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We rented a 2 bed lockout condo that slept 10 at Wyndham Vacation Rentals. We rented from a private owner and got a great deal. The property is made up of 700 units, of which 500 are time share, and 200 are privately owned. Great property, centrally located with lots of activities for all ages. Pool has great slides for kids and a lazy river, and indoor putt putt.

• Stayed: May 2014
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear MariMdr,

Thank you for the high level overview of the property and your recent visit. We are proud of all the amenities we have to offer at the Resort and are glad you took advantage of many of them. Please come back and see us again soon!

Assistant Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,253)

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Right on the boardwalk, this beautiful resort is a great place to get away with the family. I especially liked quietly relaxing by the pool. Being right on the beach made it a pleasure to transition from the sand to the cool relaxing water of the lazy river. The facility's business center also allowed me get some work done while the family enjoyed the sun.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear homesaver,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham Ocean Walk for your recent relaxing vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to highlight some of our amenities that you enjoyed. Although I am disappointed you had to work, I am very glad your family enjoyed the sunshine and pools! It is our hope that you find some time in the near future to return!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The first thing we noticed was the location . This resort is in an excellent location as it's close to everything. The second thing we noticed was how friendly the staff was. Check-in was a breeze. Third, our unit was amazing . We rented a 1 bedroom unit. It was very clean, spacious, suitable for my family of 4 . We also loved the convenience of the in-room washer and dryer. The layout was perfect. Last but certainly not the least, There are lots of amenities for everyone to do on the resort like mini golf, 3 pools, lazy river, bar at the outdoor pools and that's just some of the things. Oh ... we absolutely love the beach !!! My family and I had a wonderful time at this resort. I will recommend this resort to everyone !!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear reckonyze,

Thank you for staying with us recently, and providing us with the great review! We are very proud of our staff and their dedication to serve, and I will certainly share your comments with them. We are delighted you enjoyed the amenities and over the moon that you will recommend us to everyone. We look forward to your return visit. Oh, and bring everyone!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend 2012. Hotel was completely full but it didn't seem that way. Check in was slow but the resort is beautiful. They have two pools, two whirlpools, a lazy river, water slide and access to the beach. Parking could be an issue but the 'boardwalk' was right next door so we walked almost everywhere. Negatives: they catered to their "member-owners" and tried to get us to sit thru a sales pitch to buy into the time-share but didn't push it. Also, since this is a time-share resort, there was no housekeeping and you had to wash your towels to get clean ones. They will not swap out dirty towels for clean ones. There are washer/dryer in the condos. Also, the elevators were usually slow with so many people coming and going. Other negative: we stayed in a one-bedroom "interior view" which is NOT what we reserved. Since they supposedly gave us an upgrade from a studio for free, they would not swap rooms for us when we complained about the view. All of our windows faced the hallway/elevator lobby. We had no view of the outside whatsoever! To see even if it was raining, etc, we had to get dressed and walk down the hallway to a window. I would have rather had a studio with any view than have the constant elevator traffic right outside my bedroom window! Our friends stayed in a two-bedroom condo that was great with a wrap-around balcony. We would stay here again but would make sure to NOT get an interior view!!! I rated the resort average only because of the exact room we were in. Rating would be much higher if we could have gotten a better room. As far as I could tell, there were only about 10 rooms such as ours; the majority had much better views.

Room Tip: Watch out on interior view rooms. Most have an outside window across the hall; ours had a view of an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Kathleen G, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

We apologize for any Inconveinences you encountered while visiting with us. Unfortunaately Memorial Weekend is historically a sold out weekend. This prevents us from any room moves. We offer 1 , 2 and 3 bedroom condos that have washer and driers in the unit so that you can not only wash your towels , but all of your clothes before you head back home. We cater to anyone that is visiting us as we are always in the hospitality business. May I suggest when booking your next stay with us please look for the terminology Ocean Front room. We have various room types and the rate will reflect that. I am glad that you will be coming back again and thank you so much for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The resort is set in a perfect place for family, couples, friends, young adults. There is a lot to do around the area, movie theater, shopping, eating. There is a water park across the street and a small amusement park down the boardwalk. The beach is clean and pretty white sand. The cleaning staff is not up to usual standards (trash left in elevator lobby several days) and we had wet towels stuffed in a bathroom cabinet when we arrived but it was addressed and taken care of promptly. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. We would love to bring the grand kids next time.

Room Tip: Ask for side room on the south side so you can watch the slingshot and see the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We offer a great location while enjoying spectacular ocean front views. I am glad that your concern in the room was handled in a timely manner. This is a very busy property and sometimes as we pick up trash it quicky gets backed up prior to our next rotation. I will look at doing more ratations on higher occupancy levels. I am thrilled that overall your stay was a memorable one. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in the north tower, in three two bedroom units. The rooms were great. The view is fantastic. Staff at this resort are very friendly. This was our second trip to this resort and we will return. The location is great, right on the beach, close proximity to bars and restaurants. The resorts pools, gym and other amenities are well maintained. We would definitely recommend the Ocean Walk for a great vacation. Our favorite night spot is Ker's Winghouse located adjacent to the hotel. Good food, great service fun time.

Room Tip: Although the south tower was very nice during our previous trip the north tower is much newer and mo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

First I want to welcome you back to the resort. I am so glad that you had such a nice time again with us. We appreciate your feedback. We take all reviews very seriously and always share the comments with management. We offer one of the best locations in Daytona Beach. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Just consider us your home away from home.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well, I thought we had some nice beaches in Texas, but HA!!!!, Daytona Beach is awesome and this property sits center stage on it!!!! I had a 1 bedroom deluxe condo and it fit my needs for the 4 nights that I was there. It was a busy week, but I felt that the property handled the crowd with ease and that I got my money's worth. The interior of the condo was very nice, I was on the 18th floor, the view was just spectacular. I did use the kitchen, it was so nice to have the use of it to have a quick breakfast, late snack at night.

I went down the street approx 2 miles to the Publix grocery store, very nice and they had anything that a person could want. Not overly expensive as one might expect for a beach location, and I took back to the condo just simple things to snack on and drink when I needed something.

There were food trucks on the beach as well if you wanted nachos or a burger, soft drinks and items like that. Beach chairs and umbrellas could be rented, and the pool area at this property was very nice, a mixture of all types of visitors. I used the parking garage for the rental car, and felt safe there, even when loading the car at 2am so that I could get some rest and check out early. I left things in my car and had no concerns that they would be stolen or that I was unsafe while loading at that time of the night. Shops and restaurants across the street, everything was very handy and "user friendly."

I would return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad that your overall stay was a most memorable one. We offer many great amenities and of course a great location. We also believe we have one of the best beaches which is why it is called the" Worlds most famous Beach". Your response will be shared among our management staff. Your input helps others make a better informed decision on where to stay while visiting the Daytona Beach area.