Wyndham Ocean Walk
US$194
US$171
US$73
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$101
QualityInn
Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$115
US$118
ExtendedStay
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$110
Homewood
Studio 1 Motel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$111
Agoda.com
Nautilus Inn(Daytona Beach)
US$119
Travelocity
2,298 results
All reviewslazy riverbedroom deluxewyndham ownerswasher and dryernorth towerpool areaprivate ownermovie theaterfull kitchenacross the streetbubba gumpsnice resortjacuzzi tubfamily vacationspring breakpoolsunit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We discovered to our horror that our room (#805) was infested with cockroaches. This was only the beginning of the problems. To make it even worse, I found on Trip Advisor that a prior occupant 2 months earlier had also reported cockroaches in this very same room. The following is the Wyndham response to that earlier post:

"We apologize you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with bugs and unit cleanliness. We take the health and comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that our properties work closely with environmental health professionals to effectively intervene and manage any potential infestations. We will ensure this issue is resolved to eliminate any future occurrences."

Obviously, Wyndham lied and did not take it seriously as the roaches were still there 2 months later and surely spreading to other rooms.

We changed rooms and were promised a 10% credit for the room charges by three different Wyndham managers, but that two was a lie, as no 10% credit was ever issued. I went so far as to demand to see the credit before leaving, but we were told that the Wyndham website operator would have to issue the credit and the hotel management could not do so.

It wasted a good 2-3 hours of our vacation for my wife and I to pack up for our family, move and unpack in a new room. When we got home, we had to leave all of luggage outside and wash everything as we were worried we could have brought cockroaches home with us.

Room Tip: Check your room for cockroaches.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Brian V
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Brian V,

Let me start by offering my most sincere of apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while our guest. The health and comfort of our guests is absolutely a top priority, and I will personally investigate your feedback immediately. I assure you that we would definitely not knowingly occupy a unit with any type of issue that was within our control to fix. Additionally, I will investigate the reason for the offered compensation not taking place. Please contact me directly so that I can obtain more details and resolve your situation.

Derek.Shelly@wyn.com

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked a "tour" with the Wyndham for four days and three nights. Once we arrived we were told they were booked up but had booked us a room at the Hilton down the road. We were told that since we were not "guest" of their hotel we couldn't use the aminaties located on their property. We arrived for the tour (with our two kids) they were able to walk us around the crowded pool area, weight room and the main area but were not even able to see an actual room because of how croweded they were. My kids were upset because here is this great pool area for you to look at but can't use. I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to book again and have been unsucessful. My husband and I were even contemplating the timeshare but we are too concerned that we wouldn't be able to stay in Daytona because it is always booked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jessica G

Dear Jessica G,

Thank you for your feedback. I certainly apologize for the confusion with your booking. Although I am glad you viewed the property, I regret that there was no room availability during your visit. Please understand that we are committed to keeping our property amenities exclusive to on site guests for the benefit of our overall guest and owner satisfaction. Summer months tend to be a higher volume time frame for us, and I would encourage and hope that you are able to find some availability to return and stay with us. We are here to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Greatly disappointed by our stay here. While there is a wireless network to connect to, don't expect a signal that's worth anything.

Location is fine, very touristy. Pool can get crowded, and the beach is simply a gate into the public beach, so it's extremely crowded on weekends. You need a little hospital bracelet thing to mark you as a guest or they'll throw you out of the pool.

Staff was politely indifferent. We were told we couldn't unload a power chair for a disabled member of our party in the pull-through at the front of the hotel, but to go around to a loading dock instead. No fresh towels or bedclothes in your room, front desk said to just run a load of laundry. (Never mind that there were nine of us and six towels...)

Also, be ready to be up sold on Wyndham time share nonsense. They are gonna hustle you for membership, etc.

Not a fan, wouldn't stay again. (Hotel is attached to "Ocean Walk Shoppes" which is a mediocre pizza place, a knockoff Hooters, a Bubba Gump, and a movie theater. Woo yay you came all the way down here to eat stuff you have back home.)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Underscorex
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Underscorex,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. I will certainly look into the wifi issue, as we recently upgraded our bandwidth at the property. We do ask that our guests utilize the wristbands during high volume times, but please rest assured this is to help keep the property amenities exclusive to paying guests. As far as towels are concerned, we equip sets of towels in units based on maximum occupancy in each unit type, but are always happy to send additional towels to your unit upon request. I apologize that the Daytona Beach area Restaurants and stores did not satisfy you, this is a very personal preference, and many other reviewers comment positively on the same offerings. We hope you will reconsider your decision, and are available to clarify any questions you may have.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We haven't even had our trip yet and already experiencing rude customer service. I hope I don't regret the money spent for my daughters 21st bday at this resort. We just needed to know if our conversion van would fit in the parking garage and the person on the phone was very rude to my husband. I booked this resort because it has great amenities but read some bad reviews on the customer but booked it because I know some people can be to picky about things and wanted to see for myself. I hope our trip is better er then the phone customer service. This is my first review on trip advisor I'm usually just a reader but I'm sure it won't be my last. I will post a follow up review after my trip that I'm excited about!!!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Louise P
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Louise P,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during the phone call. Please rest assured, we will turn this experience around. Please contact me directly upon your arrival so I can obtain more details from you, and I will personally ensure your stay goes well. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you to Daytona Beach.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

They do not have internet service.. That is a killer for us and would not stay there again. Tiles around pool were broken and another visitor cut her foot on one. They put out orange cones so that others would not get cut. I pointed out several other places where the tiles were broken and cones were not put in front of them. Our room was very nice. Got annoyed that every day they called to try and get us to go to a "breakfast", guess they wanted to sell us a timeshare. Was not the best Wyndham I have stayed in. At $400 a night, rooms were great, but the pool area had a lot to be desired...Spoke to Wyndham rep about the lack of internet service, and all I got was a shrug... Funny, even the cheapest motels have internet. Guess that Wyndham does not want return "renters".

Room Tip: If you want internet, do not go there. After a day at the pool if you want to get on computer or kids on IPad... then this is not the place to go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark C
Derek S, Manager at Wyndham Ocean Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mark C,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We do offer wifi service in units, as well as a complimentary business center with printer and internet access, and complimentary wifi in our Bar and Eatery area. I regret that you were not able to utilize any of these services. Please rest assured, also, that we have staff on duty to troubleshoot any unit issues. I will personally take a look at the pool deck to address and maintenance concerns and fix them promptly. We hope your stay was otherwise enjoyable and that you will consider returning.