We spent the week before school started at the Ocean Walk and had a great time. After reading other reviews I was concerned about the elevator issues but we had very few problems. Check-in and check-out were obviously busy times for the elevators, but regular usage was no problem.
The staff was awesome - quick check in at 3:45 on a Saturday. The room was nice and clean with lots of dishes and utensils. The room was very very nice. No parking issues at all - we went out 1-2 times a day and always found a close parking spot on the first level of the parking garage. It appeared to fill up late at night but this was not an issue for us as we were in our room after about 9:00 PM.
The pool area was awesome and beach was beautiful. Our son did a few of the activities for kids and enjoyed them. The activities staff was very helpful and nice. In some reviews people complain about the '30-minute chair reserve policy' but we liked it. It's so frustrating to visit a hotel where at 7:00 AM every morning people rush to the pool, throw their towel on a chair, and then claim it for the entire day (even if they don't use it more than a few minutes). This allowed us to find a chair when we needed it.
We were disappointed at the lack of a sit-down restaurant on property, but there were a few places to eat within walking distance.
The only complains we had were that Daytona itself is kind of a dump - very few nice restaurants, lots of old/run down/closed businesses, but we had a great time at the resort. Also no free Internet access! Free wifi in the lobby, but you're out of luck in your room. It's ridiculous that the redneck hotel down the street has free wifi but the Wyndham can't provide it when you pay $200+ night. We would have gladly paid for wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach, Florida