We stayed the this condo from June 6th to June 12th 2010 and it wasn't a 'horrible' experience, but it sure wasn't the best either. The location is nice, seeing how it is right on the beach and there are plenty of shops and eateries close by. We also really liked the variety of pools etc... We had some issues with the room that wasn't so pleasant. Ready? We rented our room #1305 from a private owner...(I will NEVER do that again). This is the first time I booked an actual condo, therefore I didn't really know what I was doing. We needed a couple extra trashbags a couple days before we left and the front desk told me that our room was considered no entry (because it was privately owned) therefore I could purchase them at the eatery down in the lobby. We were supposed to have a starter supply of laundry soap and we had none. When my 13 yr. old son went to the front desk to ask for some, the guy told him, "Well, I'm not supposed to give this to you, but here. If the person you are renting from said they would have some in your room, then there should be some in there." So yes, I appreciated him giving us some, even tho it sucked, but his attitude was wrong about the situation. I noticed right away that the hotel and especially once you stepped off the elevators, had a nasty smell. It smelled like pee or dirty socks or something. The elevators were always so slow!! I think the fact that the bedroom windows faced the hallway was a little weird. I was thinking the bedroom windows would of faced the beach. The washing machine sucked! It didn't even wash the clothes. The room itself looks so outdated! With the money they are bringing in at that place, you would think they would update!!!! The carpet and couch was nasty! The ice box was loud, the ice maker quit working mid way through our trip and water started coming out of the bottom of the fridge. I contacted the maint. man that we were told to call with any issues and I couldn't even get his # to go through, so I called the front desk and told them and I had to leave a voicemail for the building maint. man. I never received a call back nor was the stuff fixed before we left. The lock on the sliding balcony door was broke. Since it was considered a 'safety hazard' they sent someone up quickly to fix it and I wish I could remember his name because he was sooooo nice!!! There were dishes left in the dishwasher....I couldn't tell you if they were clean or dirty. The room stank. There was what looked as blood smeared on the bathroom floor next to the wall between the 2 bathroom doors and there was also some on the front of one of the dresser drawers. The toilet wouldn't flush right. There was hair all over the bathroom floor, around the toilet and tub etc...The shower curtain...OMG! It was molded on both sides from top to bottom!!!! There wasn't even a liner on the shower. It was a cloth shower curtain! I also assumed (could be my fault) that we would of had at least one dish rag and one dish towel, and there was nothing. I would of brought my own, but was under the impression that if there were towels, there would of been dish towels too.
The condo just wasn't clean. I have emailed the lady we rented it from 2 days ago and haven't heard anything as of yet. I stated all these issues with her and told her that I would want to know if the cleaning co. I was paying wasn't cleaning properly.
I won't be back to this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach front resort located next to Ocean Walk shops and movie theater. Units are spacious and comfortable with home conveniences including washer/dryer. Daily maid service is not provided. On site parking is limited to one (1) spot per unit regardless of unit ocupancy. Additional public parking located accross street for a fee. Studio/suites are interior/city view and do not have a balcony. Check in begins at 4pm. Please note: Some units at Ocean Walk are privately owned condominiums and are not managed, serviced or rented through Wyndham. For rental information of Wyndham managed units see Extra Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Ocean Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Daytona Beach
- Wyndham Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Wyndham
- Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach, Florida