“Wonderful Experience in the Sun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Ocean Walk

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wyndham Ocean Walk
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, FL
“Wonderful Experience in the Sun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

Last week we had a family reunion at the Ocean Walk Resort in Daytona, and it was a great experience. My family rented approximately 10 units and EVERYONE was pleased with the rooms, lobby, pool, and beaches. My family will certainly return to this resort for future reunions.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Juno Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

We've been coming back year after year since the resort opened and love it each time. The rooms are typically very clean and nicely furnished for a rental condo, everything seems updated. Oceanfront condos with separate bedrooms are great for a family. Weekends in the summer are the best, there's lots of entertainment for adults and kids on Saturday evening, there's a band playing in the bandshell, the whole family can enjoy the "Dive-in Movie" at the pool and the fireworks display over the pier every Sat. night through the summer. Location is perfect to enjoy a day at the pool or the beach, or both. Beach is beautiful, wide and located in a rare Daytona section that is not driven upon. Both indoor and outdoor pools are large. Shops, good restaurants and large movie theater right next door.
Complaints: There are only 4 elevators and they seem to be crowded. There is often a wait on Friday afternoon check-in and Sunday morning check-out. Pool deck chairs get snapped up quickly also.

Evansville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed the this condo from June 6th to June 12th 2010 and it wasn't a 'horrible' experience, but it sure wasn't the best either. The location is nice, seeing how it is right on the beach and there are plenty of shops and eateries close by. We also really liked the variety of pools etc... We had some issues with the room that wasn't so pleasant. Ready? We rented our room #1305 from a private owner...(I will NEVER do that again). This is the first time I booked an actual condo, therefore I didn't really know what I was doing. We needed a couple extra trashbags a couple days before we left and the front desk told me that our room was considered no entry (because it was privately owned) therefore I could purchase them at the eatery down in the lobby. We were supposed to have a starter supply of laundry soap and we had none. When my 13 yr. old son went to the front desk to ask for some, the guy told him, "Well, I'm not supposed to give this to you, but here. If the person you are renting from said they would have some in your room, then there should be some in there." So yes, I appreciated him giving us some, even tho it sucked, but his attitude was wrong about the situation. I noticed right away that the hotel and especially once you stepped off the elevators, had a nasty smell. It smelled like pee or dirty socks or something. The elevators were always so slow!! I think the fact that the bedroom windows faced the hallway was a little weird. I was thinking the bedroom windows would of faced the beach. The washing machine sucked! It didn't even wash the clothes. The room itself looks so outdated! With the money they are bringing in at that place, you would think they would update!!!! The carpet and couch was nasty! The ice box was loud, the ice maker quit working mid way through our trip and water started coming out of the bottom of the fridge. I contacted the maint. man that we were told to call with any issues and I couldn't even get his # to go through, so I called the front desk and told them and I had to leave a voicemail for the building maint. man. I never received a call back nor was the stuff fixed before we left. The lock on the sliding balcony door was broke. Since it was considered a 'safety hazard' they sent someone up quickly to fix it and I wish I could remember his name because he was sooooo nice!!! There were dishes left in the dishwasher....I couldn't tell you if they were clean or dirty. The room stank. There was what looked as blood smeared on the bathroom floor next to the wall between the 2 bathroom doors and there was also some on the front of one of the dresser drawers. The toilet wouldn't flush right. There was hair all over the bathroom floor, around the toilet and tub etc...The shower curtain...OMG! It was molded on both sides from top to bottom!!!! There wasn't even a liner on the shower. It was a cloth shower curtain! I also assumed (could be my fault) that we would of had at least one dish rag and one dish towel, and there was nothing. I would of brought my own, but was under the impression that if there were towels, there would of been dish towels too.

The condo just wasn't clean. I have emailed the lady we rented it from 2 days ago and haven't heard anything as of yet. I stated all these issues with her and told her that I would want to know if the cleaning co. I was paying wasn't cleaning properly.

I won't be back to this place.

1 Thank melie1977

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Belpre, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Stayed in a two bedroom ocean view on the 17th floor of the north tower that I purchased for a week from the owner. LOTS of room, everything was in great shape in our unit. Very handy having the washer & dryer and the kids loved having the jacuzzi. Security was always present and no problems. Pool area and beach were both nice and kids did several crafts in activity center, and the ice cream with warm cookies on the pool deck were delicious. Only complaint was elevators were crowded on Saturday afternoon because of check ins, (Was told almost 500) so had to wait at times. Heard others complaining about parking but we were told in advance only 1 parking pass per room, so if you had more than 1 vehicle you had to pay to park the extra vehicle in a public garage across the street that could add up real quick. also about no maid service but thats why you have the washer & dryer. (You can get maid service for extra $$.) Some people were also upset they had a strip view instead of an ocean view, I had made sure of our room view when I purchased it. It may make a difference whether you book thru Ocean Walk or an owner. Very convenient to Ocean Walk Shops, Daytona Lagoon, Starlite Diner, Boardwalk/Pier area. Was able to walk almost everywhere we needed to go. Staff was very friendly and always spoke to us when walking by. I did not pay for the wireless internet available in the room for $14.99 for the week, but did get on the free wi-fi in the lobby a couple of evenings. Our family has made the Ocean Walk one of our favorite Florida vacation spots, this was our second time there. We stayed 3 nights last year on our way back from Disney.

Barryville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

The employees where in a hurry, get them in and get them out feeling! Our room wasn't ready, misinformed about the room. Wyndham ocean walk isn't all it's cracked up to be. Wyndham swiched our room to a Handicap room, which wasn't required, they swiched our room again, after we just unpacked everything. The room we stayed in was OK. I don't know why anyone would own it??? Not worth it. The stove didn't work right and the dishwasher was broke. The room next to our had a TERRIBLE foul smell that seeped into our room. I did see housekeeping, they tried to fan out the smell, IT DIDN"T WORK. I also asked for extra pillows and told the hotel was out of them... Also, not chairs on the balcony, again told they were out of them. (I did see a bunch of chairs all over, but Wyndham couldn't be bothered). My husband and I went on the tour, and that was a joke. Once they knew we were not happy they just wanted to get rid of us, and move onto the next, again Get them in and Get them out. So, We definitly wouldn't go back to the Wyndham Ocean Walk. I tried to speak with a few different employees, and not one helped out, they passed the buck to someone else. NOt good Wyndham, thanks for a terrible stay!!!! Glad we could vent online!!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

This was our first time staying at this property and had no idea there would be no cleaning service during our stay. So, when we called to ask if we would get clean towels, we were told to wash our own. When I asked about getting extra laundry detergent, I was told if we had been members of the Wyndham "family" (whatever the heck that means) that we would get complimentary laundry soap. For the amount I paid, I simply expected better service than what I was provided. In addition, the elevators are packed, and having a son in a wheelchair, it was very hard to catch an elevator without having to wait in LONG lines. Finally, the lobby smells of a foul odor that reminds me of lingering vomit. Not appealing at all!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

Beds were rather small, had no stopper in sink,asked front desk but never got sink fixed.
Staff at front desk wasn't too friendly, time share staffers were pushy with selling timeshares. Only 4 elevators seemed constantly packed causing long waits.Great view of beach and ocean

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple