“spectacular” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
englewood
“spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

Th hotel is everything like the pictures show. The staff was so nice and friendly. We got there early and was promised a blacony view, but when we got there they told us that we didnt have one. This great guy "Dan the Man" helped us out and rearranged things so that we could have one, as promised! The room was so nice, with the best view of the city walk/ocean. The one draw back of this place was trying to get a lounge chair by the poolside. Your not supposed to save your chair unless your actually sitting in it, but I noticed that at 800am, people were out there putting their towels on the lounges to save them. This wasnt fair, because by the time we got out there at 10am nothing was left! Too many people for the size of the pools lounges, but the beach is just a hop, skip & a jump away, right behind the pool area. Citiwalk is right next door connected to the hotel, so thats makes it awesome to go there anytime you want, no need to move your car, everything is in walking distance. Be aware tho if your bringing more than 1 car in your party(per room) you have to park across the street at the muni lot, and they charge a fortune! They charge you $8 per every 12 hours, but you have no choice to put your car anywhere else. It cost me $64 to get my car out!! Overall, I would stay again, the beauty of the hotel, the size of the rooms, the cleanliness, friendliness and everything else makes it worth staying!!! We had a great time!! Beautiful hotel with so much to do!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

The hotel itself, pools and amenities were fabulous. Im pretty sure it dosen't get much better than this. We stayed there 3 nights/4 days and just walking into the room after an easy check-in made our day. Then the problems began. First night, the refridgerator stopped working, wich by the time I realized, spoiled most of the food I had bought. The lady at the front said she would reimburse me, just to bring her a list or a reciept, wich I did then we never heard from her again. The repair man was in and out that evening for about four hours, sometimes two of the to fix the problem, they replace the fan, but the fridge never did cool right. On to night number two. This was the start of a very hot vacation. The airconditioning in the room stopped woking, once again, repair men all over the place, they temporarily fixed the problem, only for the air to quit working again the next morning, we were told they were still working on the problem that they merely put a "band-aid" on the previous night, wich at $230.00 a night, Im sorry but I do expect more than a band-aid! On to the thirsd and final night of the trip, once again no air, and its late june in Florida and 100 degree weather! This time we did not get a repair man we were promised one, but he never showed up. Upon complaining to a manager, Jared Lunea, we were promised back a full refund from the nights stay that we did not have air. I was happy with that even thou it was two hot sweaty evenings my family and I spent with no air, but the problem is this, we never got the refund. We continue to call and leave messages and still get no return phone calls, we were then directed to another gentleman by the name of Peter with a Orlando phone number who is supposed to be in charge of the refunds, can't get passed his voicemail or even get a call back. Your hotel is magnificent, and would of been highly recommended, until the aftermath of a few different solutions to problems that your employees said they would resolve and then did not. At this point I am going to start calling the corporateoffice, better business beuro and complain to anyone anywhere anytime that will listen to me.
Thank you for taking the tim to read this, if you did, Im sure I will never know as your company obviously does not put customer satisfaction at the top of its list, nor keeping their word.

1 Thank nickrohn

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

The first room we were given was very nice but not what I had reserved so I asked to see a oceanfront room, Joyce said no and switched us anyway. The room was horrid, dirty carpet, torn furniture, air conditioning had to be worked on and I wasted my beach time waiting for the lock to be fixed on the door. The room and the thought of what we had see first ruined my time in Daytona all together.

• Stayed June 2010
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

Overall the desk staff was good although somewhat distant. I left a shirt in the room and notified security in the afternoon. The room was already occupied and I didn't feel the staff was interested in making contact or assisting me in obtaining my shirt. It was an "Oh well" attitude. I had to make the suggestion to call the room. In all fairness, other than this, which was my own fault, it was an enjoyable stay. (never did get the shirt back)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

I am so glad I didn't listen to the negative reviews I read on this website before we booked our vacation. We booked through a private owner and this vacation was everything we expected and more! I have only been to Daytona Beach once before and that was a horrible experience but this time more than made up for it and I can't wait to go back. My son loved the water slide, the security people were all very friendly and helpful and I am glad they were there to move people's stuff out of the chairs when they didn't return after HOURS of leaving their stuff behind. While seating at the pool was very limited for the amount of people staying at the resort, we had no problems getting chairs at 9 am and after. We were there to have a fun and relaxing vacation and that was exactly what we did. I think the difference might be in renting through an individual rather than through Wyndham but we never had any problems with the a/c, elevators or any of the other issues people have brought up in their reviews. Kip helped us with our luggage when we got there and when we left so that was great. I think that having a good attitude went a long way in making our stay most enjoyable. We loved being right next door to all of the restaurants and fun along the boardwalk. I honestly cannot wait to get back down there for our next trip and I never thought I would say that about Daytona Beach. We pre-registered around noon on the Saturday that we arrived and were able to use the pool and all the resort amenities until our room was ready at 4. It would have been nice to be able to get in our room sooner, but we knew going in that it wouldn't be ready until 4, so no big deal. Again, I would recommend going through a private owner to get the best deal and best accommodations. Please just make your own best decision for yourself and try to go through a private owner for the best vacation ever! My little boy cried when we had to leave and he has never done that before on any vacation we have ever been on.

1 Thank Lovethebeach1976
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

First- Check in- didn't have the room I requested. After 45 minutes was able to give me my room. Room needs deep cleaning and painting! Sofa bed matt was filthy! Couldn't use! Thankfully, I had an air matt! Power went out and people were trapped in elevators. Only 1 elevator working for 19 floors. Parking garages get full. We had to park across the street and pay. Then wait a half an hour to get reimbursed the next day. Air conditioning went out
for the whole north tower and they had to go around and flush each air conditioning unit . We were told at 8:30 am that our name was on the list. 13 hours later we went down to front desk and find out no one put our name on the list. We asked if we could leave and not have to pay for that night and were told the charge was already on our credit card and they don't have the authority to do credits at the hotel because I booked over the phone. So we were stuck there. By chance when we went upstairs after complaining Maintenance was in the unit next to ours and they came in and flushed our air conditioning. Then it started working. We decided to stay up late and watch some T.V.. We could only get Channel 2. I called the front desk and was told that the cable was out.. Wow!!!! This place was unbelievable! I am glad we only stayed here for 3 days! Daytona in itself doesn't look to have very nice properties to stay at . From the looks of the Wyndham it looked to be one of the better ones. I guess looks are definitely deceiving. The last kicker of the trip! >>> When I goy home my credit card statement was waiting for me. I open it up and I am already charged for my stay. The place also charged me $25. twice for the resort fee.. I called them up and was told " Oh yes, we did make a mistake we will credit you next month." So word of advice make sure to check your statements! The Wyndham is not the place I would ever consider for a vacation. All it did was cause stress and worry! This is my honest opinion!

1 Thank kim9855
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

We booked a two bedroom unit through the resort. Be careful getting a unit high up because there are not nearly enough elevators for the resort....only 4 elevators per tower. You will have to wait 30 minutes for an elevator unless you get on a lower level where you can use the stairs. Our unit did not ever have a DVD player, just a CD player, so don't forget to ask. Internet only available in lobby. They do not come to tidy up your room or exchange out towels. They police the pool area with 2 security guards. If you leave your belongings on a table or chair you will be left a note to notify you that your belongings will be removed if they are left for more than 30 minutes. The indoor pool had so much chlorine that you could harldy breathe while being in the room. Also lazy river and one pool were green during our stay....from the 21st floor you could see the algae growing in then. They even had to close the lazy river one day until 4pm. I assume it was because they had to shock it. The place holds so many people that it is worse than being at Disney World during busy season. Even the beach out front is so crowded that you cannot enjoy letting your children play while you watch because they will get "lost" in the crowd. Yeah the idea of a lazy river makes you want to stay there, but your kids will never get a turn. Sign says capacity is 30. Not nearly enough tubes. Security will make you leave the river without tube and nobody makes the children take turns.