I am (normally) a fan of Marriott Residence Inn's. However, after my experience at this property I may never book at a RI again. This is one of the more expensive properties in Daytona, and the fact that I was put in a room with massive spotlights, and EXTREMELY loud vent ports, was not appreciated and resulted in a horrible nights sleep. This was a single night stay for business purposes, so basically I am going to my meeting on 4 hours sleep. That's fine.....I'll live and I do not make a habit of complaining. In fact, under my profile, you can click to see my "review distribution. Out of something like 34 reviews, I've given only 3 "1 star" reviews. Most of my reviews are only to rave, but this is just inexcusable.
I am attaching photos so that others can see for themselves. These multiple lights....right outside both windows, light up the room. The shades are no match! As if that wasn't enough, it's as though when the property was designed the engineers said, "Let's make this room the worst in the property.....we need to make it the brightest AND noisiest!!" I don't know what the vents are for that you see, but there is one outside of EACH of the two windows. Perhaps they're vents for the laundry room. I do know this: They are LOUD!
Also, why do Residence Inns by such cheap fitness equipment? I spent an hour on in their "newly refurbished" fitness center, and their treadmills and ellipticals are just flat cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach is Marriott's extended-stay hotel that helps you feel connected while away from home and maintain a balance of work and life. We are footsteps away from Daytona International Speedway, home of the Daytona 500 and Coke Zero 400. Our homelike surroundings invite you to relax and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. We are located near Embry Riddle University, Bethune Cookman University, Daytona State College, Halifax Hospital, Florida Hospital Daytona Beach International Airport and NASCAR. The "World's Most Famous Beach," Daytona Beach, is only a short drive from our hotel. While staying at this Daytona Beach Florida hotel, you can enjoy all of our special events: Rolex 24, 24 hours of Daytona, Grand AM (racing at its finest), Speedweek, The Bud Shootout, Bikeweek, Spring Break, Biketoberfest, and the Turkey Rod Run. Daytona Beach is the epicenter between St. Augustine's historical sites, Orlando's theme parks, and Kennedy Space Center, home of NASA. We are also a pet-friendly hotel, so you can bring the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport Florida
- Marriott Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Residence Inn
- Daytona Beach Marriott