“Great Stay!”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family made a quick choice to stay in Daytona Beach and this is an excellent choice hotel. The front desk gentleman is extremely nice and makes sure all is well with every single guest. The hotel staff are also very nice and helpful.

They offer a continental breakfast every morning. Not just cereal and breads, but also offer eggs, pancakes/french toast, etc. The area is a little small, so it gets a little cramped when multiple people are trying to get their breakfast.

The pool is GREAT! Perfect temperature and surroundings. The hot tub and basketball/tennis court is right next to the pool, so it's a perfect family setting. Even the surrounding landscape is detailed and nice.

We stayed in a two queen studio, which was very spacious. It included a sofa bed along with a kitchen. For the three of us, it was perfect size. The bathroom is a little small, but not as bad as others I've experienced.

I will definitely choose this hotel when ever I return to Daytona Beach. It's only a couple miles from the beach, not hectic at all. It's located to all the restaurants, the airport, and the shopping stores.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to put such great comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay and our hotel.

I couldn't say it better myself! Just like you said, we are very centrally located, near Daytona International Speedway, Daytona International Airport, shopping, restaurants, and only a short drive to the beach. I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the amenities and services of the hotel, from the room layout to our full breakfast buffet, to the recreation activities such as the pool and SportCourt.

Our goal is to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel satisfied and with a pleasant memory. It is fantastic to hear that we met that goal with your stay!

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

When it comes to hotels I am very particular about where I choose to lay my head. I always use Trip Advisor to see how other consumers rate the hotels. I want to see pictures taken by travelers as well as read the reviews regarding the cleanliness, the location/neighborhood and most of all the customer service. I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THIS HOTEL! You WON'T BE SORRY if you stay here. The rooms were very clean, even considering pets are allowed. (I didn't know that before choosing this location). The staff was professional, friendly and accommodating, especially the staff working the kitchen. I think her name was Amanda...was awesome. We stayed here 5 days. I felt like I knew her personally by the time we left. She was quite pleasant, personable and very friendly. The breakfast was great! They seemed to have more selections than most hotels that offered free breakfasts. The food was REALLY good! 3 days that week they also had free dinners. Nothing elaborate, BUT still very NICE (and unexpected). Each night was a different theme. The pool area was nice. Very clean and quite comfortable. I met some very nice people (other guests) during my stay. This hotel is centrally located, easy access to the freeways, 10 minutes from downtown Daytona and close to many restaurants. I will definitely come back my next time to Daytona Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn Daytona Beach.

First and foremost, thank you for your most recent stay with us. We know there are a lot of choices out there and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Also, thank you for your wonderful review and kind words regarding our centrally located hotel, superior associates, and the food & beverage options. I will make sure that Amanda is recognized for her outstanding service.

Our goal is to make sure all of our guests are comfortable, safe and enjoy their stay. It is great to hear that we achieved that goal with your experience. If there is anything you might need in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (385) 252-3949. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The room was clean and comfy. I still hate the little small square pillows. The first morning I came back, there was a tube of Crest toothpaste in my bathroom. A very nice touch. The Internet connection was pretty bad. For the past 3 days all I heard was "we are resetting the router" I don't know why hotels don't make this a priority, and fix that problem, instead of it becoming a part of that property.
The breakfast was wonderful. Good, hot, well stocked with good choices. Thursday night was burgers and hot dogs, which was outstanding. All in all, it was a good business decision to stay here. But seriously folks, the Internet has got to be fixed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for your most recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback.

We have a fantastic team here and I am happy to hear that your received the outstanding service we deliver each and every day to our guests. It is also nice to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our food & beverage activities here at the hotel.

In response to your frustration with internet, we are aware that there is a problem and we are currently in the process of getting the system upgraded. Within the next month, our internet system will be enhanced and upgraded to provide our guests with the service they would expect out of a Marriott hotel. This, unfortunately, does not help with your previous stay, but I hope you understand that we have been and are currently working toward a solution.

If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949. Thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We drove 100 miles from our home to attend a friend's 80th birthday party. Afterwards we checked into the Residence Inn tired and really in need of rest. The moment we entered the 1 bedroom suite we knew we had made a really good choice. The Suite was beautifully furnished with comfortable sofas and chairs - but the bedroom was the star. The beds were very comfortable with several different types of pillows. The bathroom was super clean and the towels were thick and fluffy. The front desk was helpful - all in all a great one night stay. We will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kitchenqueen76
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for choosing our Daytona Beach hotel when in town for friend's 80th birthday party. We know there are a lot of choices and we appreciate the fact that you chose Residence Inn by Marriott!

Thank you for the great review. We strive to offer an outstanding product at a great price. It is comforting knowing that our efforts were well received with your stay.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know. And, please, come back to visit us in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We are here right now and hate to leave. They have free awesome breakfast and evening social during weekdays. The rooms are over the top and with a family of 5 gave my husband and I some good quality time. Pool and hot tub were clean and great for after the beach. Pool opened til 11 is priceless... What can I say... Money well spent for the fitness room. If you can't get a good workout in this gym...you just lack motivation! Staff is over the top! I may just make this my vacation spot every year. This hotel + the beautiful beaches of Daytona is money well invested. Thank you to the staff for your hard work.

• Stayed: July 2013
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. I was very eager to read your comments with the title of your review being, "Extraordinary!!!!" with four exclamation points! :)

We are very happy that you had a great stay with us. Our Daytona Beach hotel is very conveniently located with a short drive to the beach and has all the amenities to make you feel at home even when you are away from home. Your comments regarding our staff will be shared with all of our associates at the hotel to show them how much their hard work pays off for guests such as yourself.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott for your stay. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed with another couple for the Coke 400. The room and bathrooms were very clean. We had a 2 bed/ 2 bath suite. It had a full kitchen with a fridge with ice maker, oven, microwave, and all the kitchen utensils needed. We ended up with a A/C problem in our room but the staff was great and offered new rooms for us. It was late so we chose to have a fan brought up to get through the night. First thing in the morning the A/C was serviced and we were golden the balance of our stay.
If it weren't for the staff we might of made a stink out of the situation but they were so quick to help and were willing to make quick arraignments to make us comfortable.
This is within a great walking distance to the mall and restaurants right across from the International Speedway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your recent stay during the Coke 400! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you for the great comments as well. There are a lot of hotels from which to choose and we are very aware of the fact that it is our staff and our level of service that gets guests to come back time and time again. I was happy to read that your experience with the air conditioning, while unfortunate, turned out to be a positive experience because of our great team of associates.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach. Please come back again soon...

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We did a quick 2 day trip to Daytona Beach and stayed here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach and I must say it was a wonderful hotel. When we first arrived the guest services representative at the front desk was so warm and inviting. She made us feel right at home before even checking in. I called down to the desk to ask for a roll away bed and extra bedding and the staff brought it right up to us. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the hot breakfast was also a plus. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Good Morning and thank you for staying with us at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach!

I am happy to hear that the experience you shared with your family was great! We strive to go above and beyond for every guest to ensure each individual guest gets treated with outstanding service. It is great to hear that we lived up to that standard with your stay.

Thank you for the great comments regarding our hotel and our wonderful staff!