My buddy and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott on the first Saturday of Bikeweek 2014. The hotel is right next to the Daytona race track, which made it very convenient for the various Biker activities going on there.
Surprisingly, it was very quiet in the hotel room. Go figure, with hundreds of motorcycles coming and going right next door. For that matter, we didn't even hear any neighbors in the adjoining rooms. I guess the walls were pretty well constructed.
We had a King Suite with a sofa/bed in the living area. It had a full kitchen complete with dishes, silverware and all the appliances. We only stayed one night, so we didn't use any of it, but it was nice to know we could, if we needed to.
The bed and the sofa/bed were comfortable. There were ample blankets and pillows provided for both. Everything was clean and I failed to notice anything wrong with the room at all. There was never a long wait at the elevator even though the hotel was full up. We had the freedom to park anywhere in the parking lot and never had a problem finding a space. We did have two bikes but we would put them together in one space as a courtesy to others.
I gave this stay 5-stars and a big part was due to Bill, the front desk clerk. He was extremely friendly and helpful. If everyone that worked the front desk of hotels was like him, the world would be better off.
I am going to try to stay there every Bikeweek from now on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach is Marriott's extended-stay hotel that helps you feel connected while away from home and maintain a balance of work and life. We are footsteps away from Daytona International Speedway, home of the Daytona 500 and Coke Zero 400. Our homelike surroundings invite you to relax and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. We are located near Embry Riddle University, Bethune Cookman University, Daytona State College, Halifax Hospital, Florida Hospital Daytona Beach International Airport and NASCAR. The "World's Most Famous Beach," Daytona Beach, is only a short drive from our hotel. While staying at this Daytona Beach Florida hotel, you can enjoy all of our special events: Rolex 24, 24 hours of Daytona, Grand AM (racing at its finest), Speedweek, The Bud Shootout, Bikeweek, Spring Break, Biketoberfest, and the Turkey Rod Run. Daytona Beach is the epicenter between St. Augustine's historical sites, Orlando's theme parks, and Kennedy Space Center, home of NASA. We are also a pet-friendly hotel, so you can bring the whole family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport Florida
- Marriott Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Residence Inn
- Daytona Beach Marriott