“Couldn't ask for a better stay”

Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My buddy and I stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott on the first Saturday of Bikeweek 2014. The hotel is right next to the Daytona race track, which made it very convenient for the various Biker activities going on there.

Surprisingly, it was very quiet in the hotel room. Go figure, with hundreds of motorcycles coming and going right next door. For that matter, we didn't even hear any neighbors in the adjoining rooms. I guess the walls were pretty well constructed.

We had a King Suite with a sofa/bed in the living area. It had a full kitchen complete with dishes, silverware and all the appliances. We only stayed one night, so we didn't use any of it, but it was nice to know we could, if we needed to.

The bed and the sofa/bed were comfortable. There were ample blankets and pillows provided for both. Everything was clean and I failed to notice anything wrong with the room at all. There was never a long wait at the elevator even though the hotel was full up. We had the freedom to park anywhere in the parking lot and never had a problem finding a space. We did have two bikes but we would put them together in one space as a courtesy to others.

I gave this stay 5-stars and a big part was due to Bill, the front desk clerk. He was extremely friendly and helpful. If everyone that worked the front desk of hotels was like him, the world would be better off.

I am going to try to stay there every Bikeweek from now on!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, so we didn't have any long elevator rides. I guess that's as...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick K
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us during Bike Week 2014! We realize that there are a lot of choices in the Daytona Beach area, and we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback regarding our hotel, location, and staff. We love to hear positive comments, which only reinforce our efforts in providing excellent service and an outstanding product to all of our guests. Your observations on our hotel and staff are shared by many guests traveling through Daytona Beach, whether for business, leisure, or a special event such as Bike Week. We are happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us, and your comments will be shared with our team, including Bill. Bill has been with Marriott in Daytona Beach for quite some time and he is one of the reasons many of our guests come back time and time again.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please come back and visit us again in the very near future. We look forward to serving you again real soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had business at the airport and flew into DAB. Quick call to hotel, and shuttle bus was there to pick me up. Driver was not to helpful with bags and want to talk to someone else. Quick ride to hotel, quick check in, manager's reception was good and breakfast was good buffet. Nice clean hotel, close to airport, nothing special.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cordon J
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give feedback regarding your experience with our hotel, our associates, and services. While I am happy that you were pleased with your experience, I am sorry to hear that your first encounter with one of our associates was not to your expectation. This feedback will definitely be shared with our van drivers.

Again, thank you for your business. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

we were booked in for 1 night on December 21st. But unfortunately my husband broke his elbow on a mountain bike trip and we ended up staying 7 nights. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel they accomodated us in every way possible. A big thanks to Bill on reception he brought a smile to our faces every day and introduced us to pumkin pie.

If at all possible stay in the 2 bedroom suite they are a real home away from home. Lovely pool and gym facilities.

Try ask for a room away from the basketball court it can get a little noisy.

Try this hotel you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good Afternoon...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Although you were with us under less-than-desirable circumstances, I am excited to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and get to know our fantastic staff. I will be sharing your comments with our team, especially Bill, to illustrate how customer service can change a bad situation into a very positive experience.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked for one night only at very good rates. Included was a manger's reception cookout and full breakfast. The room was a 2 room suite and the pool area was good a was the business center and there is a coin laundry. Only negative was crowd at the time we went to breakfast, but there was a large area to handle it and seating was no problem (plus you could take the food back to your in room kitchen). Across street from speedway and very close to shopping and airport.

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed quiet. Watch for motorcycle cop and make a full stop at the corner even without tr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your business as well as this fantastic review! Your experiences are very typical of guests that stay with us in Daytona Beach. Our all-suite hotel provides a wonderful value with the morning breakfast buffet as well as the evening receptions. Also, you were able to partake in the pool and business center, which we also provide all of our guests free of charge.

I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. Please make sure to visit us again when you are in Daytona Beach!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here for the annual Turkey Run during Thanksgiving. It was an ideal location, we walked to the Speedway. The hotel was very nice for a Residence Inn, the nicest one I've ever stayed in. Seemed like new. The bathroom in the room could use a fan and more counter space would help. But you do have the living area and the kitchen was nice as well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your day to write this great review of our hotel. We understand that there are a lot of choices out there with regards to hotel accommodations and we are very thankful that you chose our great location.

Please keep us in mind for future travel to Daytona Beach, especially with regards to the Turkey Run in 2014! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

While we enjoyed the hotel, ideal location, nice breakfast and very clean...we were very disappointed with our "one bedroom suite" that we paid extra ($119 & $129 per night versus $99). I picked a one bedroom because my husband gets up very early and it is nice to have a place for him to not worry about being quiet. Unfortunately, there is a strange opening in the wall over the bathroom sink to the living room area. If that wasn't bad enough, there is a light that shines up toward the ceiling that lights up both sides of the wall. I did go to the front desk to talk about it and got "don't blame me, I didn't design the building. Lots of people complain about that". Wow....nice customer service. I'm sorry but shame on Marriott for advertising this as a one bedroom and charging extra for this room.

Room Tip: Stick with a studio and the cheaper price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7504girl
AlexFreid, General Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to give your feedback regarding the hotel and service you received.

I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that the One Bedroom Suite offered additional privacy due to the opening close to the ceiliing. I am also very sorry to hear about the level of service you received at the Front Desk in response to your complaint. While it is true that the associate did not design the building, it is not appropriate for them to address your concerns in this manner. This is not our typical level of service and I am sorry you had to experience that.

If you are ever traveling back to Daytona Beach, I would love the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 252-3949 so I can personally book your reservation.

Again, thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The Residence Inn is conveniently located at the airport and is adjacent to the speedway; just off the International Speedway and minutes from the beach. The rooms are standard and similar to all Residence Inns. However, the noise level in the hotel was bothersome. There are airport and highway sounds, as well as from all your neighbors. While I love pets and understand the desire to be a pet friendly hotel, I don't want to be on vacation and be kept up or awaken by my neighbor's dog. The hotel even allowed folks to bring their pets to the breakfast bar which I thought was a bit too much. I think the hotel would be fine for a one night stop over because of the proximity to the airport, but not for an extended stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank awfountain3
AlexFreid, Manager at Residence Inn Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott for youre recent visit to the Daytona Beach area. There are a lot of hotel options in the area and we are very appreciative and thankful that you selected Residence Inn for your accommodations.

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay. You are absolutely correct, with regards to our ideal location, being close to all of the local attractions, shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Residence Inn is in the perfect location in Daytona Beach!

With regards to pets, I understand and agree with you that guests' pets should not decrease the quality of your stay. While we are a pet-friendly hotel, allowing guests to share their experiences with their whole family (including pets), we do hold every pet owner accountable for their pet's behavior. This includes noise, damage, and interraction with other guests. It is also standard policy to not allow any pets in the Food & Beverage area of the hotel, with the exception of dedicated service animals. We do, however, get guests that try to bring their pets to breakfast. In those instances, we ask each guest to remove their pet from the area.

I am sorry to hear that your experiences with other guests' pets lessened the quality of your stay with us. When you come back to the Daytona Beach area, please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com so I can personally ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you, again, for choosing Marriott! We look forward to serving you in the future!