“Great place to stay, service & staff exceptional!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport

Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great place to stay, service & staff exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Kyra Woodward, the general manager, has this place running smoothly. She has put together an exceptional staff. Everyone knows exactly what is expected of them from Dennis (at the front desk), who has great customer service skills, to her sales manager, Pat sullivan, who is a wonderful new addtion. Also, included are the kitchen staff Bernie (her personality makes the food even better than it already is) and Robert, in maintenance, who always is willing to help with a can-do attitude. Looking forward to staying there again. This was our fifth year in a row, and the hotel is better than ever..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steele352
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree with you on my staff, I think that they are the best staff a hotel manager could ask for, and I am very lucky, I cannot do it without the great team that I have working with me, and I thank you for taking the time to acknowledge them.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the area, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be happy to assist you with your reservations or anything else you might need while visiting the Daytona Beach area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I've stayed here for business twice in the last few months and just made another reservation for an 11 night stay. This place is amazing. The entire staff is top-notch (especially Anthony), the breakfasts and weeknight dinners are far above average and the rooms are very well thought out, clean, spacious and subtly decorated. The bed is very comfortable, the dedicated desk (not a combo desk/dining table) is roomy and the wireless is free. The location is very central and convenient. All for a very reasonable rate. And did I mention the free wine and beer at dinner?

Based on my great experience here I have just stayed in another Homewood Suites elsewhere in Florida. It did not even come close to the quality of this hotel. I have always been a devoted Residence Inn fan for business travel but I would never even think of staying anywhere else in the Daytona area. I'm looking forward to my upcoming stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cynsh111
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and letting us know about your stay. We love hearing the feedback that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am really happy to hear that you have been converted to the Homewood Suites when visiting the Daytona Beach Area. We love having you stay with us, and look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Wile travelling from Miami to Charleston,my wife and I stayed at Homewood Suites near the Daytona Speedway.We only stayed one night,but the service and friendliness of the staff was excellent,The studio suite we had was spotless and was roomy with a good TV and fridge and kitchen facilities.There was complimentary evening meals and breakfasts.The hotel is only five minutes from the Speedway,and about a ten minute drive to Daytona Beach.There are plenty of restaurants nearby.The hotel is only about a mile and a half from I95,which makes it very convenient for anyone travelling north or south on the interstate.Overall it was a very positive experience,and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WindsorP
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor and letting us know about your stay. We love hearing the feedback that you enjoyed your visit with us. We love having you stay with us, and look forward to serving you on your next visit to the area.
West Viginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent over a month with these guys. Hotel was awesome! Food was awesome! Our kids loved the staff, and really enjoyed the deal we worked out with them.

One of the best fitness centers I have ever seen at a hotel.

Very worth the stay!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The fitness center was just completely renovated at the end of last year. I am glad that you enjoyed it. We hope you visit us again on your next trip to the area.
Elk Grove village, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

We were very pleasantly surprised. The lobby was beautiful. The room was very nice with a flat rotating flat screen tv. Sink area is outside the bathroom which works great when there are more then one person. Kitchen is nice- refridgerator, micro, stove top... Mon-Th they had continental breakfast and a dinner. Pool area and hot tub are also nice. Nothing to complain about but that we had a super long walk to our room. This place is huge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the lobby - or above the lobby if it is on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LynnetteB
KyWoodward, General Manager at Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to the area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I agree with others who've commented positively about this hotel. My 4 night stay here was great.

Great location if you need to be near the track, Beaches are 15 minutes away but I didn't see any hotels there that I would have stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room if you don't want to be disturbed by noise from courtyard pool or...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank McMacHouse
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay for the night near the Daytona Speedway. We checked Trip Advisor and Homewood Suties had the location and favorable reviews. We paid $111 and got a very nice suite on the first floor. It was one very large room with a living area and a kitchenette off to one end. It was roomey, clean, up to date.
We both got a good nights sleep and then had a very good, complementary hot breakfast in the morning in a nice roomy, open atrium.
I gave this hotel/suites my highest rating. It was an excellent value, and I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2012