“Terrible”

Ranked #44 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Inverness, Florida
“Terrible”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had reservations at America's Best Value Inn during Bike Week. They sent us to the Budget Inn across the street due to overbooking. We asked if the rooms would be as nice, and were reassured. The place is a pit. Our room had a clogged sink and we moved to one with holes in the shower walls. No ice maching. Sparse rooms, no coat hangers or closets.

Room Tip: Even if desperate for a place to stay, drive north or south on A1A before stopping here. Don't...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank John P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When I stayed at this hotel I went to the front desk to ask for help with the air conditioner which was broke. There was a very young Kid at the front dest that was extrremly rude. I asked for his name and his name was chris, I wanted to report him to the manager but it did me no good because I found out the manager was the kids mother. This kid was worthless. They were very rude. we never got everything fixed so we left. I will never comeback.

Room Tip: Dont go here! If you do watch out for for a mean old lady named ester and her son name chriss. They...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank terry s

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Climax, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have stayed at the Sea Dip for the past 10 years on our annual beach vacation. The value is excellent. We have always stayed in the same room(s) and loved it. We've had additonal family members stay in different rooms and these rooms were also clean and very presentable. We will be there again in 2012.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann C
Beaverton, Michigan
Reviewed 19 April 2011

If you don't mind disgusting smears on the walls, front desk help dressed to go to the bar, no room service when it rains, and strange odors...then you might be OK. We were treated rudely by the front desk clerk who referred us to the supervisor. The supervisor's response was..."The clerk was having a bad day." I'll never go back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tbadour
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2010

With not many options to stay on a Friday night in Daytona Beach, Fl, we found ourselves at the Sea Dip Hotel. The room was not bad priced at $66.00 a night, which should have been a sign.
We checked in and went to eat. Upon our return we showered, which you better bring your flip flops The tub was badly stained and not in the best repair. When we got into bed we began to feel as if something was crawling on us. Within minutes we turned the bed completely and removed the pillows. Much to our surprise were small black bugs! There were multiple bugs and I along with most people would be totally disgusted. We immediately called the desk which no one answered. When we went down stairs and got the hotel emergency number again noone answerd. After trying for over an hour we went down the street and paid $100 for another hotel room. We were at the Sea Dip site at 8 O'clock in the morning.We were informened that we would not be given a refund although we only occupied the room for 2 hours. they stated that we had used the room and they would not do anything about the situation. I showed them one bug that i had caught, also that the neighbors did come into the room and viewed the conditions of the surroundings.
The manager of this dive is worthless and her children, that run it in her absence. If you like to lay with the bugs stay on the beach its cheaper and probably cleaner, along with not having to deal with rude incompitent people.
Y. Davis

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ydavis
florida
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Checked in on 4-9-10. We were suppose to stay 4 nights. Just me and my 2 teenage kids. The first room was not upgraded and was dirty. They gave us another room. It was better but I noticed the microwave and refrigerator did not work. I reported it at 4 pm. I called the desk 3 times afterwards till 8pm. Still nothing. They did not offer to give me another room or ice and cooler for my food. I could not feed my kids the food I brought and had to throw it away the next day. I asked the counter person that morning for some kind of accommodation to make it right. She was very rude and said there was nothing they could do.I checked out that morning and took my kids somewhere better. The amenities for this resort state microwave and refrigerator in all rooms. It should state, we might fix it, but your out of luck till then......

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank bambi69Florida
spain
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Never ever have I stayed in a dirtier condo, with worse staff. They even refused to put through a call to the room from my family informing me my granmother had died.
The room was disgusting, cockroaches, pealing paint, they advertise wifi, which is not there, we booked a 1 bedroom, and gotr a studio, the heated pool was not heated, they advertised 24 hr reception, they close at 10pm, and after prepaying 1700 dollars for our stay, they did not even have our reservation, so check in took an hour, with an extremely rude receptiongirl.
so bad that we ended up checking out after 6 of our planned 47 nights.
still waiting on a refund. Planning legal action against them for false advertising.
Worst stay ever, never ever again

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
#4 of 73 in Daytona Beach
Harbour Beach Resort
Harbour Beach Resort
#34 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Sea Dip Beach Resort and Condominiums? Share your experiences!