I chose this hotel based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews - and as usual, I was not disappointed.
As we were checking in, a severe thunderstorm (and turns out, a brief F1 tornado) rolled through the area. The young man at the front desk, even though inundated with people checking in and guests with requests and questions, he kept focus and got everyone in safely and efficiently - great job!
The room was excellent - comfortable beds, well appointed, plenty of room (had the two full beds and sleeper sofa, full kitchen). The only thing I would change is to make the bathroom a little larger - BUT - that would of course take away from living space (and where would you rather spend the majority of your time?). Water pressure was good in the shower, so that's always a plus in my book.
The Happy Hour lived up to it's reputation as well; Sherri was our host each night we were there and she was friendly, courteous and made up crazy mixed drinks if you like (with or without alcohol). I did notice that the smaller kids really got a kick out of getting lemonade or fruit drinks; I don't have kids but I thought it was a nice touch and really gave the entire hour a nice "family" feel.
Although we did not participate in any of the planned hotel activities, we really thought the offerings were diverse and probably a lot of fun - regardless of age.
The secret to the Nautilus Inn is definitely the staff; the hotel itself is well appointed (and the lobby has a large living room feel to it) but to a person, each representative was helpful, friendly and engaging.
This location lives up to its well-deserved reputation and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience in Daytona Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover true hospitality at The Nautilus Inn in Daytona Beach, Florida! In addition to our newly renovated pool deck and updated kitchens and baths in every room, our friendly staff and immaculate housekeeping practices will keep you coming back. Recently refurbished rooms including granite counter tops in bathrooms and kitchens, full size appliances in every room, and a spacious Atlantic Deck that wraps around our ocean front-pool and hot tub. Choose between our ocean-front rooms and those with a view up or down the beach - you'll enjoy either view from your private balcony. Free amenities include a continental breakfast, cocktail hour, parking and wireless internet. Minimum rental age is 25 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Nautilus Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Hotel Daytona Beach
- Nautilus Inn Daytona Beach, Florida