“Lives Up To Reputation!”
Review of Nautilus Inn

Nautilus Inn
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I chose this hotel based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews - and as usual, I was not disappointed.

As we were checking in, a severe thunderstorm (and turns out, a brief F1 tornado) rolled through the area. The young man at the front desk, even though inundated with people checking in and guests with requests and questions, he kept focus and got everyone in safely and efficiently - great job!

The room was excellent - comfortable beds, well appointed, plenty of room (had the two full beds and sleeper sofa, full kitchen). The only thing I would change is to make the bathroom a little larger - BUT - that would of course take away from living space (and where would you rather spend the majority of your time?). Water pressure was good in the shower, so that's always a plus in my book.

The Happy Hour lived up to it's reputation as well; Sherri was our host each night we were there and she was friendly, courteous and made up crazy mixed drinks if you like (with or without alcohol). I did notice that the smaller kids really got a kick out of getting lemonade or fruit drinks; I don't have kids but I thought it was a nice touch and really gave the entire hour a nice "family" feel.

Although we did not participate in any of the planned hotel activities, we really thought the offerings were diverse and probably a lot of fun - regardless of age.

The secret to the Nautilus Inn is definitely the staff; the hotel itself is well appointed (and the lobby has a large living room feel to it) but to a person, each representative was helpful, friendly and engaging.

This location lives up to its well-deserved reputation and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great experience in Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - great views and very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Atlanta1958
Angela S, Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

What a great review of us! Thank you for taking time out of your day to do that. Hope to see you back again real soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Nautilus Inn 7/21-7/28 2014. This was for our relaxing honeymoon, so we went to Trip Advisor to review hotels. We were amazed at all of the great reviews for The Nautilus Inn, so we decided to give it a shot.

First of all, our room was not ready when we arrived, but we arrived 6 hours before check-in and already knew that the room probably wouldn't be ready. The lady working the front desk offered to call when the room was ready, and she followed through with the promise.

Once we got into our room, we were amazed at how nice the room was. Very clean, included everything that the website said would be included, and everything was in perfect working order. All rooms have a view of the beautiful ocean. The balcony doors were really nice doors and the balconies were very well-kept. I really took comfort in the fact that the the outside doors to the pool, the hotel and to the ocean required key access. Well, all except the main entrance to the hotel.

The grounds of this place are gorgeous. It is obvious that the staff at the Nautilus take great pride in keeping the place immaculate.The table arrangements, the palm trees, the sounds of the ocean... I can go on forever about how tropical it feels outside by the pool. The pool isn't huge by any means, but it is the perfect size for this hotel. The hot tub was very nice and hot. Usually ended the nights by taking a dip in the hot tub before bed.

The Nautilus has a complimentary Happy Hour each day. We took part in this one night and it was good. Nothing "Top Shelf", but good and free none-the-less.

The continental breakfast was delish. Their was always baked goods such as muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, and fruit on the breakfast daily. Seemed like 50% or more of the time there was biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, and the best sausage links in the world. They also had pancakes instead of the b&g on a few days. The money saved by not going out for breakfast and just eating the continental here was fantastic. If the food wouldn't have been good, we would have gone out or cooked in our room, but it was that good. Oh, they had coffee and an assortment of different juice types each morning.

When we was there, and from what I hear is very common, The Nautilus has a lot of guests that are parts of bus tours, so there were quite a few elderly people at the hotel. Was wonderful how there were coordinated events such as bingo, shopping and dining trips, swimming aerobics for the bus tour visitors. Everyone in the hotel as guests were very kind, and throughout the week of dining with these folks at breakfast, we built friendly relationships.

My family and I went on a vacation to Daytona earlier in the summer and stayed at one of the "higher end" hotels closer to the pier. At that moment, that was the best place that I have ever stayed in Daytona Beach, and I have been to Daytona Beach for over 30 years and have stayed at several places. Now that I have stayed at the Nautilus, I will never stay anywhere again. It is smaller and full of genuine hospitality. It is peaceful, yet has plenty to do. It is as nice or nicer than a suite down the road, and over $100 less a night.

This isn't the place to come if you are looking sit by the pool, party hard, get loud and wild. This is the place where you want to come when you want to enjoy Daytona Beach Florida, and capture all of the perfect elements that make Daytona Beach the Most Popular Beach in the World. My family will never stay anywhere else again. My father and mother are taking another trip to Daytona this fall and are going to stay at the Nautilus. A perfect hotel that was the perfect place to stay and capture our perfect honeymoon. Thank you Nautilus Inn, see you next year. -BSF, Ky. USA.

Room Tip: Close your eyes, point at something, and reserve it. Every room has a great view of the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shannon F
Angela S, Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

WOW, I hardly know where to begin! You have genuinely complimented us in so many ways and we sincerely thank you for all that you mentioned. Our entire staff takes pride in all the areas you were so kind to mention. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your honeymoon and we hope to keep you coming back for that celebration every year.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We could only stay 4 days because i had to get back to start chemotherapy and I really wish we could have stayed much longer! I wanted to get away for a bit before this long journey I was about to start. The Nautilus Inn was perfect and beautiful in every way. Every staff member you dealt with was very courteous and helpful, rooms were wonderful, love the view of the ocean! Definitely my new Daytona Beach Hotel. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Angela S, Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

It was a real pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent hours researching hotels to stay at that had beach access and a pool for my myself, my daughter and 30 month old grandson who were visiting from Washington DC area. I finally picked the Nautilus Inn based primarily on the great Trip Adviser reviews. I agree with the other great ratings. The room was spacious and clean, large fridge but no dishwasher. We immediately noticed the toilet seat was broken (important item as our little one was starting to use the toilet) and the staff fixed it immediately. The grounds were well maintained, pool clean and the breakfast had a good variety (scrambled eggs, pancakes,waffles,cold cereal, etc. But the home made muffins were exceptional! The house keeping staff were very accommodating to his nap schedule and would graciously adjust. I felt very safe and pampered.... no problem or limits on the number of towels we asked for. All in all I would recommend for all age groups.

Room Tip: all seemed to have great views. Ours was north side 7th floor with a great ocean/beach view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy A

It is wonderful to have you as a new guest and certainly hope to see you again and your family again. Thank you for writing such a nice review. We all appreciate your comments very much!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My fiance and I took a much needed break and after refering to trip advisor, decided to stay at the Nautilus Inn in Daytona Beach. Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and was available 24 hours to assist with the guests needs. We absolutely loved this hotel! Very clean with recently upgraded features and a great, free breakfast and free happy hour for hotel guests. We stayed in the oceanfront king bed room, which had a full sized refrigerator/freezer, full sized oven, and came with plates, utensils, and pots and pans for cooking. The pool, although was not eceptionally large, was clean and never overflowing with people, nice chase lounges and tables with umbrellas for guest use. The staff was always cleaning the deck and as people came and went, they kept the lobby and shared areas very clean along with the rooms and balconies. We are planning our honeymoon in December, and will return to the Nautilus Inn for our stay...you will not be disappointed!!! Very relaxing and had so much fun!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne S
Angela S, Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We sure appreciate you writing a review. It's nice to know that you enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a good experience at this hotel. The room was a decent price and even came with a kitchen and ocean and city view. They have a nice complimentary breakfast till 10am and a free happy hour every day from 5-6pm. They also offered activities for the kids such as a seashell hunt and sandcastle building. Pool area was large and offered a lot of tables and chairs. Great view of the fireworks from our balcony. About a 15 minute walk to the pier/boardwalk area. Only issue I had was that the beds were very small for two people. I believe they were probably full size but over all I would say this is a great hotel for the money. Will defiantly be back!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Myryguy2
Angela S, Manager at Nautilus Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I am so happy to hear you had a great time. The fireworks are a spectacular show from the balcony. We cannot wait to update our rooms with new carpet and new beds which will be coming soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We didn't really know what to expect but this place had lots of good reviews, so we thought it was worth a shot! The hotel itself is very nice. We had an oceanview room on the 2nd floor and it was still a great view!!! We did ask for a higher room and were told there were not any available that day but there may be later in the week. They never mentioned it again after that, so we stayed on the 2nd floor. The front desk staff was friendly the entire week we were there. The activities director on the other hand has some issues. She is not friendly at all. Our children (15&13) were swimming while we ran to grab some food. It started raining while we were gone so they sat up by the building to wait for us. She yelled at them that they HAD to get inside the building, and also yelled at a grown woman in the hot tub. Our kids didn't have a key so they had to sit in the hallway and wait for us. They need to do something with her before it costs them return visitors! Another issue we had was we never really knew when they were going to clean our room. One day it was 3:30, one day 12:30, one day not at all. We had to call and ask for clean towels. They provide a coffee pot in the room, but not coffee. So, don't forget to bring your own. Breakfast was ok. IF you could find a seat. SO many people just go down there and hang out talking, leaving no room for the families trying to eat!

PROS- The view, the access to the beach, the pool is nice, friendly front desk, the kitchen
CONS-No coffee in the room, the breakfast/breakfast room, Activities director, SLOWEST ELEVATOR-be prepared to wait forever or just take the stairs like we always did

We would recommend this hotel. Overall we had a pleasant experience. The access to the beach made it all worth it to us!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly B

I am so sorry your first experience was not all you hoped for. Please do not let this discourage you from any future trips to the Nautilus. We are never tolerant of rudeness from any of our employees. I will address this issue with our employee and make sure she comes to a solution on how to handle this situation better in the future.