“Negative 5 star”

Ranked #85 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Negative 5 star”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This motel is gross. All the pictures we had seen online are NOT what the rooms look like. There is no phone in the room and our smoke detector was missing. The bathroom door and the inside of the exterior door had black dirt on them that could have easily been wiped down by the cleaning staff. The towels smelled dirty and did not look clean. There was a piece of gum on top of the tile in the shower. There is one mirror in the entire room and it's in the bathroom which makes it a little hard for 2 people to get ready at the same time. The fridge is so close to the bed that you can't walk between the 2 unless you move the bed. This place charges $170-$200 per night during bike week and $80 on normal nights, we got a special of $38 since it was a last minute booking and I wouldn't pay $2 to stay there ever again. The staff was not nice or helpful in any way

Room Tip: Do not stay here, sleep in your car instead
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Wish I would have read the reviews before I booked. Every negative review proved to be true. Parking horrible hard to find office. Rang buzzer forever to get the rude staff to let us in to check in. Reserved two non smoking rooms and she gave us two smoking with filthy carpet and cigarette burns in the bedding /headboards and a horrible smell. Went back to switch room to a nonsmoking staff was very rude but she did switch us.Non smoking room seemed alittle cleaner. Remote for tv didnt work/when i went to use the shower the handle was missing to turn it on/ no alarm clock/no phone/ wires hanging out of the ceiling where the smoke detector was supposed to be/ pulled back the sheets and there were crumbs/hair/and what looked like pizza sauce on the sheets and pillow case. Decided to get on trip advisor to read reviews. Found out all negative reviews were the same. No refunds no matter what. Went to sleep only to wake up with bites all over my body the next morning. I was the only one in my room with bites and I had like 50... no exaggeration. My mom pulled back my sheets and found a spider in my bed. She killed it but there had to be more than one with all those bites. Left room at 730 in morning couldnt take anymore. Went to check out rang buzzer and noone ever came. Left key in room and left. Nice crack pipe laying in the mulch by the car....wow!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Lakeland, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Usually if TA reviews are mixed, I'll take a chance, because our family isn't really hard to please. Unfortunately, this totally backfired on me this time! We all hated this motel; I'll try to enumerate the reasons why. 1) Parking/office. When we arrived, it was hard to tell where the office was, and driving around the parking lot made it clear that the parking would not be convenient to the rooms. We finally parked and walked around until we found the office.
2) The person at the desk was rude & unpleasant during checkin. You would think they would be happy to have customers. We had 2 rooms, but they didn't even bother to give us adjacent rooms. 3) Dead cockroach outside door, left for several days. Ugh. 4) The rooms were nasty. No chairs; only place to sit was on the bed. Barely enough room to walk around the beds. Fridge & microwave, but no coffeemaker!!!! No do-not-disturb signs, no shampoo. Entry was via keys and doors did not automatically lock behind us. Due to the nature of the people staying at and hanging out around this very cheap motel, I did not feel safe. 5) Not soundproof. And the people staying there (did not see any besides us without tatoos or with all their teeth, not to be judgmental...) were loud and rude (roaring up into the courtyard on their Harleys at all hours), which would have been ok had there been any soundproofing whatsoever in the rooms. 6) Pool area: 2 umbrellas and about 7 plastic lounge chairs; one plastic table. 7) Housekeeping. This is the beach. There was some sand on my floor from my sandals; they didn't even bother to try to vacuum. We paid in advance for 3 nights; two was all we could stand. The best part of this vacation was coming home!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank floridalibn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

They advertised the rooms being $35 but it ended up costing $55 for a night. When we entered the room it was cramped and smelled old. There was no shampoo or lotion, no remote control or a phone. There were only two towels and when we went to ask for more the lady manager said that there were only two per room and she said it was not her problem. Also the key that they gave me for the room jammed in the door and we had to get someone to fix it. The sheets were not clean, stained and had burn holes in them. When I asked for a refund so that I could go to another hotel after two hours they showed me the fine print on the receipt that stated no refund. Check out time was at ten o'clock very early and I asked for a late checkout at ten thirty she said yes. The management was very rude and unfriendly. Ten o'clock rolls around and they knocked on the door saying that we either needed to pay for another room or leave or they were calling the police. I preceded to pack my bags and leave and told him so although he was already on the phone with the police saying that we refused to leave although I never said that. the point is no one should ever stay at this hotel. I was appalled by their terrible customer service and I would never go back.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank alexandrathegreat1
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. I was a little nervous due to the previous reviews, but was pleasantly surprised when entering the room. It was clean and had a microwave and mini fridge. The television worked just fine as well. The pool is also huge and looked very clean. The hotel is directly across from public beach access. The only two complaints I have is no shampoo in the shower and the walk to Sea Breeze for the night clubs was a bit far in heels..but both ways we had cabs stop and give us a five dollar ride right away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeacherSarahinFl
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

My boyfriend and I got room 207, a non-smoking, king sized bed room at the San Marina for two nights to celebrate my birthday. There were no major problems at all! There were a couple of bugs in the bathroom, but it was nowhere close to an infestation and there are bound to be a few in the summer in Florida. The bed was clean and comfortable and the maintenance staff changed the sheets daily. The bathroom and the room itself were also clean. The picture quality on the TV was bad, which really doesn't matter. The refigerator and microwave both worked well and there was an ice machine onsite so we could bring drinks to the beach. The room decor was hideous, but once again, that really doesn't matter. The absolute best thing about this hotel is the LOCATION! It's right across the street from the beach, walking distance from dining, shopping, nightclubs, bars and the pier. We didn't use the car the entire time we were there. Also, for the price, it's probably unbeatable. I didn't think it was possible to get a room in Daytona during peak season so close to the beach for the price I paid! Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the San Marina and will most likely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda1127
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

If you are just looking for a cheap place to crash not too far from things this place is your Westin! But if you were looking for good FRIENDLY service, clean rooms, or any types of luxuries like an extra towel after swimming...you are looking at the wrong place. I know this sounds bad, but I knew what they were charging wasn't going to be the best...and I was satisfied!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple