“No Value, No Respect... Horrible, horrible liars”
Review of San Marina Motel

San Marina Motel
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I booked a room 2 months ago, they would not charge me for it immediately.. They said they would charge two weeks before reservation.. 19 days before the reservation, they tried to run the charge.. It was declined, so the immediately cancelled reservation and refused to reinstate this.. When I called, they said they tried to run my card the day I made the reservation. This may fly back in their country, but is horrible service, and a pathetic way to operate a business in this country.. And they are nohing but liars and slobs.. Horrible conditions at the hotel.. I wouldnt ask a crackhead to stay there if it was the last lodging establishment left..

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We needed a one night lay over and read the varying reviews on this motel and decided to see for ourselves. From the outside the motel is not impressive. We booked a non-smoking room but were given a smoking room. On our request this was changed to a reasonably comfortable room. The room was clean and basic. There was no telephone in the room but it was equipped with a amicrowave and a small refrigerator. The sheets on the bed were clean but the fitted sheet was too small for the mattress and pulled away at the corners. The bathroom was clean but the drain in the bath was partially blocked and backed up. The towels were worn and scrappy looking. We had towels with us and used ours instead. We got a fair price on this motel and are not complaining. With a little more attention and effort it can be improved.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker insist on a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

we recently have stayed at the motel on 1/20/12 & we have checked these reviews of the motel after we made the reservation. we were afraid that we were going in hell but it turn out good. Nice comfy rooms, everything was clean, rooms were little small but it was clean. Bathroom was very nice. I wish their pool would be heated, The room had fridge, microwave,tv,hair dryer, Wifi, i had to go to the office to ask for a iron and iron board because they don't have it in the room & main thing is for $35.00 a night what could you ask for more. Location was very good across the street from the beach and i was close to everything shopping, night life, dining,boardwalk... I would stay with my family next time when i go there.

Room Tip: Room in the courtyard are good specially up stairs because from my room i could see the ocean withou...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry0120
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This motel is gross. All the pictures we had seen online are NOT what the rooms look like. There is no phone in the room and our smoke detector was missing. The bathroom door and the inside of the exterior door had black dirt on them that could have easily been wiped down by the cleaning staff. The towels smelled dirty and did not look clean. There was a piece of gum on top of the tile in the shower. There is one mirror in the entire room and it's in the bathroom which makes it a little hard for 2 people to get ready at the same time. The fridge is so close to the bed that you can't walk between the 2 unless you move the bed. This place charges $170-$200 per night during bike week and $80 on normal nights, we got a special of $38 since it was a last minute booking and I wouldn't pay $2 to stay there ever again. The staff was not nice or helpful in any way

Room Tip: Do not stay here, sleep in your car instead
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Wish I would have read the reviews before I booked. Every negative review proved to be true. Parking horrible hard to find office. Rang buzzer forever to get the rude staff to let us in to check in. Reserved two non smoking rooms and she gave us two smoking with filthy carpet and cigarette burns in the bedding /headboards and a horrible smell. Went back to switch room to a nonsmoking staff was very rude but she did switch us.Non smoking room seemed alittle cleaner. Remote for tv didnt work/when i went to use the shower the handle was missing to turn it on/ no alarm clock/no phone/ wires hanging out of the ceiling where the smoke detector was supposed to be/ pulled back the sheets and there were crumbs/hair/and what looked like pizza sauce on the sheets and pillow case. Decided to get on trip advisor to read reviews. Found out all negative reviews were the same. No refunds no matter what. Went to sleep only to wake up with bites all over my body the next morning. I was the only one in my room with bites and I had like 50... no exaggeration. My mom pulled back my sheets and found a spider in my bed. She killed it but there had to be more than one with all those bites. Left room at 730 in morning couldnt take anymore. Went to check out rang buzzer and noone ever came. Left key in room and left. Nice crack pipe laying in the mulch by the car....wow!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Usually if TA reviews are mixed, I'll take a chance, because our family isn't really hard to please. Unfortunately, this totally backfired on me this time! We all hated this motel; I'll try to enumerate the reasons why. 1) Parking/office. When we arrived, it was hard to tell where the office was, and driving around the parking lot made it clear that the parking would not be convenient to the rooms. We finally parked and walked around until we found the office.
2) The person at the desk was rude & unpleasant during checkin. You would think they would be happy to have customers. We had 2 rooms, but they didn't even bother to give us adjacent rooms. 3) Dead cockroach outside door, left for several days. Ugh. 4) The rooms were nasty. No chairs; only place to sit was on the bed. Barely enough room to walk around the beds. Fridge & microwave, but no coffeemaker!!!! No do-not-disturb signs, no shampoo. Entry was via keys and doors did not automatically lock behind us. Due to the nature of the people staying at and hanging out around this very cheap motel, I did not feel safe. 5) Not soundproof. And the people staying there (did not see any besides us without tatoos or with all their teeth, not to be judgmental...) were loud and rude (roaring up into the courtyard on their Harleys at all hours), which would have been ok had there been any soundproofing whatsoever in the rooms. 6) Pool area: 2 umbrellas and about 7 plastic lounge chairs; one plastic table. 7) Housekeeping. This is the beach. There was some sand on my floor from my sandals; they didn't even bother to try to vacuum. We paid in advance for 3 nights; two was all we could stand. The best part of this vacation was coming home!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank floridalibn
Reviewed 20 August 2011

They advertised the rooms being $35 but it ended up costing $55 for a night. When we entered the room it was cramped and smelled old. There was no shampoo or lotion, no remote control or a phone. There were only two towels and when we went to ask for more the lady manager said that there were only two per room and she said it was not her problem. Also the key that they gave me for the room jammed in the door and we had to get someone to fix it. The sheets were not clean, stained and had burn holes in them. When I asked for a refund so that I could go to another hotel after two hours they showed me the fine print on the receipt that stated no refund. Check out time was at ten o'clock very early and I asked for a late checkout at ten thirty she said yes. The management was very rude and unfriendly. Ten o'clock rolls around and they knocked on the door saying that we either needed to pay for another room or leave or they were calling the police. I preceded to pack my bags and leave and told him so although he was already on the phone with the police saying that we refused to leave although I never said that. the point is no one should ever stay at this hotel. I was appalled by their terrible customer service and I would never go back.

• Stayed: August 2011