“San Marina Motel”
Review of San Marina Motel

San Marina Motel
Ranked #59 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I came to Daytona Beach for vacation a week ago and stayed at the San Marina Motel on Atlantic Ave. Other than the cheap pricing and the somewhat cleanliness of the room, my experience was terrible. The guy at the front desk was not polite at all. I had left my room to do some shopping and upon returning I had been locked out of my room because someone apparently was knocking on my door when I was gone. I had not seen anything out of ordinary before I left and was not notified that someone had been knocking on my door that afternoon. I was highly upset when the man at the front desk said it was because of this happening and I was not aware of this situation whatsoever. Later on that night I was sitting outside on the balcony and two suspicious men were walking through the parking lot. They proceeded to go to a girls car that was staying in the room next to me and slash all four of her tires and pour sugar in her gas tank. This was unbelievable to me for they did it only 3 feet away from where I was sitting. The guy from the front desk came out, saw it, and did absolutly nothing. He saw me sitting outside still and didn't bother to ask if I was ok, what I had seen, alert the girl whos car it was, or even call the police. The next day come to find out the girl had said it was a "bad drug deal". Long story short the people in the motel are the number one problem and the man at the front desk including. When I told him that I felt unsafe to stay any longer he would not do a single thing for me, even though I am a 20 year old girl 1500 miles away from home. This was by far the worst hotel experience of my life and I would never reccomened this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kirsten f

Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have stayed there three times now. The s staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean. Can't beat the price and the location. Will stay there every trip we take. The staff has always been helpful and the pool is very clean. Would recommend to anyone going to Daytona on a budget

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We chose this hotel as the price seemed like a good deal, given it is right accross the street from an entrance to the beach. It is obvious that management has cut many corners to make this a value motel while trying to pass it off as a nice 'resort', but we would probably have been just as happy with one of the many dumpy motels who offer more for less. If you want a comfortable stay on or near the beach, I suggest you shell out more money and get a room in the hotel right on the beach. We also chose this hotel for their wi-fi but were dissapointed to learn that their signal was very weak and spent much of our time trying to find the best signal. The rooms themselves were passibly clean, but extremely cramped. It was difficult to navigate around the bed and had to pass the luggage over the bed - very inconvenient. The bathroom was dated, but at least it worked and was clean. All rooms face the pool, and the pool was busy and noisy. At one point it seemed that some kids from outside the hotel snuck into the pool, so it didn't feel very secure. Also note that parking is around the back of the motel, which is not very secure either. Don't expect coffee machines in your rooms, nor is there any coffee available in the office. When we inquired about this, we were informed that you can purchase coffee at the corner store accross the street. This was an added dissapointment. The only thing positive I have to say about it is that the motel is steps away from an entrance to the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms face inside a courtyard facing the pool. The first room we were assigned on the south sid...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Each summer for the past 3 years I have stayed in this motel. I liked the price and rooms until a few weeks ago. I will never stay there again! Bed bugs were so bad that I vacated my room at 3:30AM.

I couldn't figure out why I was itching badly--and having a fairly severe allergic reaction that began to affect my breathing--until I saw a large bed bug on my sheet (i.e., the size of a large tick but bigger head and eyes, only six legs instead of eight, and faster moving than a tick). The large ones got away, but I caught a few juveniles (much smaller but still blood suckers) and gave them to the night clerk. (From personal [problems in the past] and professional [professor of biology] experiences with bed bugs, I am 100% certain that I am not mistaken.) After demanding my money back, I slept in my car for the rest of the night. Before getting home to PA, I had to fumigate my suitcase and car to prevent carrying bed bugs into my house. The 20+ welts on my body, from bites, lasted nearly a week.

Worst motel experience of my life!

I stand behind this review! The owners and desk clerk should know exactly who I am. As a reminder, I rented room #104 on Aug 2, 2012. If this escalates, I will sue for pain and suffering!

Room Tip: Know how to spot bed bugs and always check the room first. Do NOT accept the clerks word that rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

2 complaints of hairs on sheets while we stayed there, did a drive by, I will never forgive the car for stopping, absolute pit, beds, floor, covers, checked the sheets, and that was it, we gave this a one for being near to the beach, nothing like the pictures, could be a street in Bagdad, disgusting.. read remainder of sheets, if their wifi worked properly, would have googled and saved myself a rauma of a stay..

Room Tip: Delete from search
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This motel was OK for the price. I'd stay here again for as much as your in the room when at the beach. The room was very clean but, mosquito's came in under the door because of the gap under it, we had to put a towel there to keep them out. Parking is not the greatest, it is on the side, so you need to pull in front to unload then back your car out on a busy highway. You do have to pay for ice, which I think sucks, but if you need it, you need it! The guy at the front was nice, but at checkout was not there to get my receipt, had to drop key through the window. Will add photo's later as soon as I get them uploaded.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

please do not go to this hotel it is the worst I ever been to. The room smelled like a loud bleach. You have to pay for ice plus when we asked for a bucket to get ice in the hotel owners told tthere son to give us a plastic bag i mean really. This place looks like a beat up trailer park that was built 1000 years ago the only good quality is that it was right across from beach. That is the only good thing trust me please never go here

Room Tip: Please wherever you go do not go here see for yourself when you get there pictures are false
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple